Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    And just so you know, you can catch it again. My friend's husband (who is now recuperating at home) had covid twice. Maybe it's because he caught 2 different variants? I don't know how that works.
    Yup, you can catch it again. Omicron seems to not care for immunity of previous infections.

I'm fully vaccinated and boostered so all I got was a cold. Last time that happened was November 2019, except that cold lasted like 3 weeks cause my nose decided that both nostrils should have a week each and then eclipse in double the fun.

I think I brought it back from Spain, a tiny souvenir, because I had no other contacts since that vacation.
    Oh well... I'm glad it was just the Omicron version and not the previous ones.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I hear you. My hermit lifestyle has so far protected me.
      Hermits rule! *high-fives*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Hermits rule! *high-fives*
        Hermits unite! Well, unite separately, in their own homes.

Comment

I haven’t been a hermit, more like a forest witch who occasionally gathers with a coven of like minded tree huggers and Funghi hunters who also sometimes indulge in a post hike beer on a well ventilated patio. Even in winter, they put out the heaters and it generally doesn’t get that cold. My Nashville trip was the big exception and we were all triple vaxed and may have been the lone wearers of masks in Nashville for our photo ops.
          I was also the lone mask wearer in the theatre yesterday for Dr. Strange. I don’t have an opinion on that yet as I’m conflicted but thought Cumberbatch and Olson were fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            I haven’t been a hermit, more like a forest witch who occasionally gathers with a coven of like minded tree huggers and Funghi hunters who also sometimes indulge in a post hike beer on a well ventilated patio.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Hermits unite! Well, unite separately, in their own homes.

I haven’t been a hermit, more like a forest witch who occasionally gathers with a coven of like minded tree huggers and Funghi hunters who also sometimes indulge in a post hike beer on a well ventilated patio.
              *joining Falcon Horus on the train*

I was also the lone mask wearer in the theatre yesterday for Dr. Strange. I don’t have an opinion on that yet as I’m conflicted but thought Cumberbatch and Olson were fantastic.
              Probably won't be going back to the movie theaters for a while...not because of masks, but because it's such a production just to go. So I guess I'll be waiting for Dr. Strange to hit Disney+.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've been wanting to make a beach run, but it's been so windy here the last few days that my house might drop on a witch soon. And if it's windy at my place, it would be insane at the beach. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Oh, and I've got a kidney stone. It hasn't been horribly painful yet (knock on wood). Just hope it stays that way.

I haven’t been a hermit, more like a forest witch who occasionally gathers with a coven of like minded tree huggers and Funghi hunters who also sometimes indulge in a post hike beer on a well ventilated patio. Even in winter, they put out the heaters and it generally doesn’t get that cold. My Nashville trip was the big exception and we were all triple vaxed and may have been the lone wearers of masks in Nashville for our photo ops.
                Joining in on the

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                Probably won't be going back to the movie theaters for a while...not because of masks, but because it's such a production just to go. So I guess I'll be waiting for Dr. Strange to hit Disney+.
                I've heard some bad things about that movie on Tumblr. (Don't worry - I won't spoil anything.) I'm not going to see it. I never watched Wandavision, or the first Dr. Strange so I wouldn't have a clue what is going on. My involvement in the MCU is spotty. Although I adored the latest Spider-Man even though the only other prior Spider-Man movies I'd seen were the Tobey Maguire ones. They did a good job because I could follow it without having seen all the others. I'm in love with Andrew Garfield's facial expressions.

Comment

The more I simmer on the movie the testier I get, but it what it is. If the pesky thunderstorms will cooperate I hope to be deep in the forest this weekend and that will make everything better, lol.

And Andrew Garfield deserves all the hugs.

Comment

And Andrew Garfield deserves all the hugs.
                    Yes, he does.

And I just remembered that I did watch the first Dr. Strange movie. A few random pieces went through my brain a few minutes ago. It clearly didn't make a huge impression on me if that's all I can remember, though.

Comment

My next cinema outing will be Avatar II... I mean, the teaser trailer gave me goosebumps and that was only a small tablet/cellphone screen.

Has to be seen in full 3D glory.

Comment

We rented the first Avatar but we never made it through the whole thing. It just bored me. I'm sure the effects were awesome, but.... *shrugs*

Personally, I can't wait for The Rise of Gru!!

Comment

We rented the first Avatar but we never made it through the whole thing. It just bored me. I'm sure the effects were awesome, but.... *shrugs*
                          I think Avatar is the kind of film that can only be fully experienced in a big cinema setting, in 3D.
                          I remember going to see it and I my jaw was on the floor for the better part of the film. I even tried to wave little flower pollen away but they were not real.

As a big fan of 3D special effects, Avatar is heaven for me.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I've been wanting to make a beach run, but it's been so windy here the last few days that my house might drop on a witch soon. And if it's windy at my place, it would be insane at the beach. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
                            Beware of witches riding bicycles!

Oh, and I've got a kidney stone. It hasn't been horribly painful yet (knock on wood). Just hope it stays that way.
                            Owwwwww! Those are not fun, I hope it passes soon!

I've heard some bad things about that movie on Tumblr. (Don't worry - I won't spoil anything.) I'm not going to see it. I never watched Wandavision, or the first Dr. Strange so I wouldn't have a clue what is going on. My involvement in the MCU is spotty. Although I adored the latest Spider-Man even though the only other prior Spider-Man movies I'd seen were the Tobey Maguire ones. They did a good job because I could follow it without having seen all the others. I'm in love with Andrew Garfield's facial expressions.
                            Eh, no worries, after the dumpster fire that was Endgame, I'm no longer emotionally invested in the MCU so I don't care if I get spoiled. Still haven't seen WandaVision either.

Comment

I did something crazy tonight... I applied for another job with a different company though the chances of getting a positive reply are zero to none and when hell freezes over.
                              During the application process, the education list of schools and degrees was quite telling so yours truly with only a highschool diploma has literally no chance at all... but I applied anyway cause I have nothing to loose, right.

I think I'm due for an office saga chapter... *ponders*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I did something crazy tonight... I applied for another job with a different company though the chances of getting a positive reply are zero to none and when hell freezes over.
                                During the application process, the education list of schools and degrees was quite telling so yours truly with only a highschool diploma has literally no chance at all... but I applied anyway cause I have nothing to loose, right.

I think I'm due for an office saga chapter... *ponders*
                                No guts, no glory!

Comment

Working...
                                X