No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have friends who are just now getting Covid after evading it for the past two years. I don’t want give up the masks inside even when we do cross to the other side of this pandemic. Anonymity is a big bonus, lol, I don’t need to talk to my neighbors at Target, but being sick sucks whether it’s cold/flu/whatever.

I hope you feel better soon FH!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Plus, you really don't want to be *that* coworker... the one who comes in sick and infects everyone else.
      I have coworkers like that (also happen to be of the Covid-denying variety) so I know what you're talking about.

Anyway... tomorrow I'm off to the office for the first time this week. First time testing the new seating reservation app for me. My colleague's avatar is grumpy smurf and she's sitting across a happy minion. In the app at least...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        My colleague's avatar is grumpy smurf and she's sitting across a happy minion. In the app at least...
        I forgot to tell you (not that it is important) when I went through Belgium back in 1984, we called into one of your department stores and left with about 15 of your smurfs to add to our Australian collection.
        The checkout young lady found it quite amusing.
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Beware The Revenge of The Fifth!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

I forgot to tell you (not that it is important) when I went through Belgium back in 1984, we called into one of your department stores and left with about 15 of your smurfs to add to our Australian collection.
            The checkout young lady found it quite amusing.

Comment

Umph... my sister just tested positive on a home test for covid.

I tested negative again... but it still means... no going into the office today which I secretely admit I'm not unhappy about.

EDIT
              Later that same day...

Definitely positive for covid. Her official test flashed a bright red.
              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 06 May 2022, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Umph... my sister just tested positive on a home test for covid.

I tested negative again... but it still means... no going into the office today which I secretely admit I'm not unhappy about.

EDIT
                Later that same day...

Definitely positive for covid. Her official test flashed a bright red.
                Crap. Not happy news about the test results, but on the other hand, no going into the office, so it's a toss-up...
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

(Self-)Quarantined until Thursday.

Apparently I don't have to quarantine but I would have to test myself each day I would go to the office so I've decided not to go in at all. I just don't like putting that stick up my nose.

Comment

Apparently I don't have to quarantine but I would have to test myself each day I would go to the office so I've decided not to go in at all. I just don't like putting that stick up my nose.
                    I hope you don't also catch it! (But YAY to working from home).

And yes, sticking that thing up your nose is not fun.

Comment

That test is vile. How’s your sister feeling? Hope you can manage to avoid it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

The path of least resistance is definitely the least painful. Hope your sister gets through it fast and easy!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I hope you don't also catch it! (But YAY to working from home).
                          Considering my bad cold last week, chances are I had it without realizing. I tested negative but maybe I was positive over the weekend when my nose was runny like a river and I sounded both like an elephant and a seal.

My sister has the exact same symptoms so we're guessing I had it first and passed it along to her. I mean, sharing is caring, right.

I am fine now, while she sounds like me over the weekend. She has at least 2 more days to go before her nose will stop running the marathon.

Comment

Considering my bad cold last week, chances are I had it without realizing. I tested negative but maybe I was positive over the weekend when my nose was runny like a river and I sounded both like an elephant and a seal.

My sister has the exact same symptoms so we're guessing I had it first and passed it along to her. I mean, sharing is caring, right.

I am fine now, while she sounds like me over the weekend. She has at least 2 more days to go before her nose will stop running the marathon.
                            Actually that makes a lot of sense. My friend who had it - the first day she tested negative even though she was having some symptoms, but then the next day she tested again and it was positive. She figures it was a false negative the first day. Sounds like what happened with you.

And just so you know, you can catch it again. My friend's husband (who is now recuperating at home) had covid twice. Maybe it's because he caught 2 different variants? I don't know how that works.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

All I know is, none of us here has had it. None of us have ever tested; we've never had need to test as we've never had symptoms, or been anywhere where there was a cluster of cases, or been exposed to anyone who later tested positive. We've just stayed up here on our 12 acres, only going out to shop for food/supplies and when we do, we get in, get our stuff, and get out, no dilly dallying. We're vaccinated, we take our vitamins, we go on walkies in the forest...so, yeah. *knocks on wood*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

All I know is, none of us here has had it. None of us have ever tested; we've never had need to test as we've never had symptoms, or been anywhere where there was a cluster of cases, or been exposed to anyone who later tested positive. We've just stayed up here on our 12 acres, only going out to shop for food/supplies and when we do, we get in, get our stuff, and get out, no dilly dallying. We're vaccinated, we take our vitamins, we go on walkies in the forest...so, yeah. *knocks on wood*
                                I hear you. My hermit lifestyle has so far protected me.

Comment

Working...
                                X