No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a great Screw the Angst Wednesday!

FH, have fun tomorrow and watch out for dragons!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Imagines you poking said family member with a stick.... ah, that felt good!
    Glad you enjoyed that!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My closet is a hot mess and it isn’t okay. I’m trying to sort my clothes out before I have to pack for my next trip. It’s been out of control since I redid my floors- all the randomness from the house is still hiding in there, lol and then I went and threw in summer clothes without pulling out all the winter stuff, because you know, spring is all seasons every day. I really don’t want to deal with it or my jeans for that matter. Send help.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      No new birds seen today -- by which I mean that we have storks at home too so they don't count as "new".

Maybe more luck tomorrow.

We're going to visit Italica near Sevilla tomorrow.
      They filmed bits of Game of Thrones in its amfitheater.
      Fun! You sure are staying busy. Love the pics!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
        My closet is a hot mess and it isn’t okay. I’m trying to sort my clothes out before I have to pack for my next trip. It’s been out of control since I redid my floors- all the randomness from the house is still hiding in there, lol and then I went and threw in summer clothes without pulling out all the winter stuff, because you know, spring is all seasons every day. I really don’t want to deal with it or my jeans for that matter. Send help.
        Oh dear...

Not sure how much help I'd be as we get the "all seasons all day" thing in both spring and autumn, so I just shove my winter stuff to the side of the racks so it's still mostly accessible. (Also, I have a walk-in closet, which helps immensely. Still need to reorganize the shelves with my extra bedding though. And the shoes. And the jeans... )
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Today was epic... and dragon-free. Though I can see why they would have gone to film there.

Tomorrow is a rest day, which will be spend inside too cause there's a strong wind warning out for this part of the coast so we'll be staying put. Might even enjoy the stormy view.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Today was epic... and dragon-free. Though I can see why they would have gone to film there.
            I saw your pics on Instagram, it looked gorgeous out there and I'm glad you had a great time!

Tomorrow is a rest day, which will be spend inside too cause there's a strong wind warning out for this part of the coast so we'll be staying put. Might even enjoy the stormy view.
            Stormy views are VERY pretty, enjoy the view!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Well I worked on my closet a bit. I’m going to turn all the hangers around to help me determine what I need to pass on to others.

Now my hyperfixation has shifted to replanning my entire trip next week. I do this almost every trip where I have a rental car, the more I research the more my itinerary changes and suddenly I think it makes sense (spoiler alert-it does not make sense) to visit Tahoe, Napa, and Redwoods National Park all in the same trip. With a drive down the coast on the way back to the airport.

I need to do yoga and meditate and get myself sorted out.

Looks like a beautiful place you are staying at. I’m loving the photos.

Comment

Boo! Time to fly home tomorrow... but on the upside we may have already chosen our next vacation. We may be going back to Scotland. Will have to arrange for a passport first since an ID-card is no longer sufficient, what with Brexit and all.

And when I have a passport, that also opens the board to countries like Canada or the US (I know some people there ).

Comment

One of my friends is in her mid-60s and she's immunocompromised. She's been sick all winter with one virus after another because she was watching her young grandchildren who were giving her all the germs. Anyway, she finally is feeling better but she cancelled a planned trip to Florida because of the mask mandate ending and her not feeling safe because of Covid. She went out to have dinner with some old friends and one of them came down with Covid the next day. Now she's like... I skipped Florida to stay healthy and I got exposed in RI anyway!!

Thankfully she's vaccinated, and she's already managed to avoid it a few times when her husband and daughters both got it. So maybe she can be lucky again.

I hear you. I need to do a major overhaul of my clothing system. I need to get rid of some stuff that I will never fit into again, and move stuff around. It's no fun. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

*sends Zelenka to help you sort it all out*

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                    Now my hyperfixation has shifted to replanning my entire trip next week. I do this almost every trip where I have a rental car, the more I research the more my itinerary changes and suddenly I think it makes sense (spoiler alert-it does not make sense) to visit Tahoe, Napa, and Redwoods National Park all in the same trip. With a drive down the coast on the way back to the airport.
                    The California coast is such a beautiful thing. *sigh* So jealous!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                    Boo! Time to fly home tomorrow... but on the upside we may have already chosen our next vacation. We may be going back to Scotland. Will have to arrange for a passport first since an ID-card is no longer sufficient, what with Brexit and all.

And when I have a passport, that also opens the board to countries like Canada or the US (I know some people there ).
                    Boo for the end of vacation!!

Here in the US, you know we've got some nice beaches in Rhode Island.

Scotland is on my list of places I want to visit one day. Again, so jealous!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Having done the coast drive more than once, I can tell you it always takes a lot more time than you think it will. Always. Probably best to stick to the original plan.

Scotland? Alba gu bràth!

One of my friends is in her mid-60s and she's immunocompromised. She's been sick all winter with one virus after another because she was watching her young grandchildren who were giving her all the germs. Anyway, she finally is feeling better but she cancelled a planned trip to Florida because of the mask mandate ending and her not feeling safe because of Covid. She went out to have dinner with some old friends and one of them came down with Covid the next day. Now she's like... I skipped Florida to stay healthy and I got exposed in RI anyway!!

Thankfully she's vaccinated, and she's already managed to avoid it a few times when her husband and daughters both got it. So maybe she can be lucky again.

Yeah, unfortunately that's what happens once it becomes endemic. It's everywhere and there's no way to avoid being exposed.

I hear you. I need to do a major overhaul of my clothing system. I need to get rid of some stuff that I will never fit into again, and move stuff around. It's no fun. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
                      Same here. I was looking at my closet yesterday and seeing quite a few things that I probably should've gotten rid of during the move and didn't. Now I need to ditch them and free up some space. Ugh.

Comment

Today did not go entirely as planned...

First the GDO refused to function...
                        Spoiler:

We had planned to leave the flat at 10.30 at the latest but then the damn thing stopped working altogether. It had been flaky the better part of the week but at least we managed to make it work after some shaking and ... well, punching it into submission.

Today, it just didn't want to do anything and there was no other way to open the damn door. My sister tried to call the owner of the flat but he obviously didn't pick up his phone. So while she was cursing at him for not answering, I literally MacGuyver'd the damn thing into working. I used my pocketknife to flip open the back, and then used it to properly connect the battery so that the door opened.

We'd already agreed not to let the door close again on us, so the moment it opened, I sprinted into the garage dropping everything but my carkeys, and drove the car outside where we loaded our suitcases. We lost about 20 to 30 minutes of time, and we had a 2,5h drive ahead of us to the airport.

Then our flight was delayed by 20 minutes due to restrictions at the airport of arrival -- Brussels -- due to them having a lot of arriving planes and only 1 runway open because of the easterly wind.

On that flight, facemasks were mandatory for everyone from the age of 6 (no exception for the vaccinated). However...
                        Spoiler:
                        ...the Dutch guy sitting next to us -- an older gentleman -- decided that didn't apply to him and instead had his facemask hanging underneath his chin for the entire flight. He also didn't turn his cellphone off -- to flight mode that is -- and he was even making a bloody phonecall during landing (which is not even allowed) and surfing the web during flight (also not allowed -- my sister told me he apparently was on tinder scoring a "hot date for tonight").

One of the flight attendants tried to wake him during the flight, after he'd "dozed off" watching something on Netflix but he stubbornly kept his eyes shut. At least they tried to make him complying with the rules but they sure didn't try hard enough. There was another couple a row or 2 in front of us who were wearing their facemasks underneath their noses, and I'm fairly certain the kid in front of me was supposed to be wearing one too as he looked about 6 or 7 years old (and he had a nasty cough).

I watched The Richard Dimbleby Lecture of 2021: Vaccine vs Virus: This Race - And The Next One by Dame Sarah Gilbert.

Doctor Gilbert helped develop the Astra-Zeneca vaccine so she talked about how that vaccine came to be and what troubles they had to overcome during those first few days of the pandemic, all the way to the first shots and how the future pandemics might look.

Should have had the idiot watch it too.

Anyhow... fascinating lecture. Very engaging.

Made it home and the cats, at least, were happy to see us. Faro stuck to us like glue, while Finn needed a little adjusting but food made it all better.

Comment

Goodness, FH, glad you finally made it home. Traveling always tests my patience.

Yes, SK, excellent advice and I did just that. The deadline to cancel my hotel has now passed and I was relieved so, def the right call. I really like having one home base these days rather than hopping from place to place.

JT2 I hope your friend ends up ok.

In random news I noticed Transplant with Torri H is in Hulu. Lots of characters so not a lot of screen time for most of them, but I have to say I like her in the role and I’m really liking the show.

Comment

The cats are about to hate me in a few moments.

I promised my aunt I'd watch her two cats so I have to leave in a bit, and I'm spending the night there and tomorrow. I'm casually going to waltz in at Dad's place around dinner time -- -- and casually waltz out again after. Coincidence seeing you, Dad!

Tomorrow is a workday -- at home but I nonetheless am not looking forward to it.

After holiday blues are real ...

Comment

I saw your pictures FH, & i have concerns about your friend, Pat Rock.
                              Every photo he is in he is gazng at you, & not at all the wonderful sights you are seeing.
                              Is he (Hmm, could be short for Patricia) /she that mesmerised by you, or are you deliberately ruining his/her holidays by not letting him/her see anything?
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

FH, that sounds like the trip home from hell! Glad you got home okay. *hugs*

Yes, SK, excellent advice and I did just that. The deadline to cancel my hotel has now passed and I was relieved so, def the right call. I really like having one home base these days rather than hopping from place to place.
                                Same here. Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Working...
                                X