Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope today is going better, FH!

Comment

Good luck with the flights FH. We’ve a fire in our neck of the woods. 3,700 acres, 30% contained and its spring break for many surrounding cities so the mountains towns have been full.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
        Good luck with the flights FH. We’ve a fire in our neck of the woods. 3,700 acres, 30% contained and its spring break for many surrounding cities so the mountains towns have been full.
        Oh no! Are you safe?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
          Eeep! Be safe! *hugs you*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

IT SNOWED!!
            It wasn't much, like barely visible but it snowed.

Anywho... Friday saved the week.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So happy you got snow!! I could use a little bit myself. Spring allergies are killing my sinuses.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                IT SNOWED!!
                It wasn't much, like barely visible but it snowed.

Anywho... Friday saved the week.
                Yay snow! Glad you got some of the happy frosty stuff!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                So happy you got snow!! I could use a little bit myself. Spring allergies are killing my sinuses.
                We're getting some rain tomorrow, that should help knock down the pollen out here. At least for one day.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We're going to get some rain today (Sunday) as well. I hope that will help a bit.

I am still looking for a job and I ran into one online that looked good. It was titled as being "Entry Level", so I was psyched because the jobs so far have all wanted tons of experience. (I'm still trying to break into medical coding which I went back to school a couple of years ago for). But even the "Entry Level" job required 1 year of experience. What the hell??? Do they not understand what the words "Entry Level" mean???

Comment

I am still looking for a job and I ran into one online that looked good. It was titled as being "Entry Level", so I was psyched because the jobs so far have all wanted tons of experience. (I'm still trying to break into medical coding which I went back to school a couple of years ago for). But even the "Entry Level" job required 1 year of experience. What the hell??? Do they not understand what the words "Entry Level" mean???
                    Ah, I see. I have been wondering if you had got another job yet, but didn't like asking in case it upset you.

We get that over here too. They are looking for school leavers ('cos they can pay them less) but it says "Must be experienced" They have just left school, how the heck can they be 'experienced'??

Well JT, chin up, keep looking & do not let them beat you.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

We're going to get some rain today (Sunday) as well. I hope that will help a bit.

Ugh, I don't get it either. Yet another corruption/breakdown in language comprehension skills. They just don't teach that in schools anymore.

Comment

Welcome to the rain-club. It'll be raining for the coming 2 weeks and beyond probably -- with temps down to 10° Celsius. Spring lasted 2 weeks, we're back in Autumn now.

Entry level but you need the equivalent of 10 years experience -- basically, you should have started working when you were just a toddler. We're always joking around with those kind of ads.

Comment

sorry, yes, totally safe. It within 10 miles of work so a bit hectic but now almost 90% contained.

That frustrates me just to hear, I can’t imagine how you just feel.

Comment

Totally off topic, but my cell phone is super confused. It's been showing me ads in both Spanish and Mandarin. I have no idea why.

Anyway....

One of the main annoying things about being out of work right now is that everyone assumes jobs are plentiful because unemployment is so low here and companies are looking for workers. But the problem is, those jobs are all things I can't do physically... retail, waitressing, factory, etc. I have a chronic back problem and I need a sedentary job. That narrows the field quite a bit.

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                            Ah, I see. I have been wondering if you had got another job yet, but didn't like asking in case it upset you.

We get that over here too. They are looking for school leavers ('cos they can pay them less) but it says "Must be experienced" They have just left school, how the heck can they be 'experienced'??

Well JT, chin up, keep looking & do not let them beat you.
                            Thanks! To be honest, I haven't been looking as seriously as I should have. I wanted to take some time off while I collect unemployment. Being laid off really triggered my depression and anxiety. But now I finally feel ready to start up again. I'm sure something will come along eventually.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                            Ugh, I don't get it either. Yet another corruption/breakdown in language comprehension skills. They just don't teach that in schools anymore.
                            Exactly!! And like Who Knows says, they want to pay as little as possible so they are playing games.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            Welcome to the rain-club. It'll be raining for the coming 2 weeks and beyond probably -- with temps down to 10° Celsius. Spring lasted 2 weeks, we're back in Autumn now.
                            Yup, that's the temp here too. But that's a typical spring around here. And it's going to rain Wednesday through Friday. Today was a little better for the sinuses with the rain.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            Entry level but you need the equivalent of 10 years experience -- basically, you should have started working when you were just a toddler. We're always joking around with those kind of ads.
                            Yup. And as a friend of mine so helpfully [/sarcasm] pointed out to me..... the dates on my resume show that I'm not a young kid.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                            sorry, yes, totally safe. It within 10 miles of work so a bit hectic but now almost 90% contained.

That frustrates me just to hear, I can’t imagine how you just feel.
                            Oh good to hear from you!! I'm glad it's so much more contained now, and that it's not threatening you personally.

And yes, frustration is a good word for it.

Comment

Yup. And as a friend of mine so helpfully [/sarcasm] pointed out to me..... the dates on my resume show that I'm not a young kid.
                              Spring chickens don't have enough life experience... is what I always say.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Spring chickens don't have enough life experience... is what I always say.

I like that!!

Comment

Working...
                                X