No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the first episode of American Song Contest, which is supposed to be like Eurovision. Rhode Island got an automatic trip to the semifinals by winning the jury vote, whatever that is. The way they described Rhode Island was so.... wrong, though. The singer has apparently made his identity that he grew up poor and in a tough part of town (he now lives in Florida). Now, there definitely are poor and tough parts of Rhode Island. But not the town he grew up in. The whole bit was looking down on RI and I hated it. His song was quite lovely, though.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yeah, you know, like at Marvel? Seriously, Disney's been very hands off and just letting Marvel do their thing, because they know that Feige's got his stuff together for YEARS in advance.
    Precisely!! And also, Stephen Moffat (Doctor Who) had the whole Amy/River/Rory storyline in place so far ahead.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
    Temps are up to 18-19-20° Celsius this week.

Here, at the office, behind windows that can't open, located on the south side of the building and thus sun from midday to evening... it's bloody hot. I'm melting.

The CO2-meter claims it's only 25.4 degrees Celsius but I wholeheartedly disagree with the thing.
    CO2 levels are within acceptable limits -- 717 parts per million. Above 1200 is when we should start worrying.

I realized by the way that it's been a while since I posted an office saga chapter. Realization came when my colleague swore she was all alone yesterday, either ignoring that I was also active or simply forgot. The irony, however, today she called in sick so now I really am flying solo.
    Okay that is WAY too warm for the office. My old office used to get like that all the time. I hated it. Meanwhile, my always-cold coworker would still have her sweatshirts and blankets.

And geez, that's nice that your colleague didn't realize you were there. Good luck flying solo!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
    I like the sound of pool parties and palm trees. I want an invite to an Atlantis pool party.
    Me too!!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
    Cadman was great in Critical Mass, and relatable to me in that it’s a madhouse around her and she’s just calmly poking through computers investigating wherever the data takes her. That’s basically my career, lol. And yes, that episode is fun, it checks a lot of boxes for me. It stays downloaded on my iPad.
    And in the end, isn't it her digging that saves the day??

Comment

Music tip for that time you need a pick me up: Flight of the Silverbird by Two Steps From Hell

Cadman saves the day on a regular basis -- also likes the blow stuff up.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Music tip for that time you need a pick me up: Flight of the Silverbird by Two Steps From Hell

Cadman saves the day on a regular basis -- also likes the blow stuff up.
        Her resume would be the bomb Ok, cringing at my own terrible dad joke. But…then I started thinking about varying SGA team members trying to update their resume post- Atlantis and had a chuckle. That would be a good fic, job interviews back in the real world. All the questions like, can you share a time when x. Um, no. It’s classified.

Comment

"Can you explain this gap in your resume?"

"Yes, I could but I'd have to shoot you."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            Her resume would be the bomb Ok, cringing at my own terrible dad joke. But…then I started thinking about varying SGA team members trying to update their resume post- Atlantis and had a chuckle. That would be a good fic, job interviews back in the real world. All the questions like, can you share a time when x. Um, no. It’s classified.

*cackles* Probably the most fun cliche in the universe!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Just watched the pairs figure skating free skate of the 2022 World Championships. Spoilering for those of you who haven't seen it.
              Spoiler:
              Knierim and Frazer were awesome, and so far from everyone else. But the big story was Ashley Cain-Gribble's fall. She couldn't get up. It looked like she had a concussion. They showed her face and she definitely had that glazed concussion face. I so hope she's okay.

Oh, and FH, your female skater, Loena Hendrickx,
              Spoiler:
              ...is in second place after the short! Congrats!!

Her resume would be the bomb Ok, cringing at my own terrible dad joke.
              Yes, that was definitely a dad joke right there.

But…then I started thinking about varying SGA team members trying to update their resume post- Atlantis and had a chuckle. That would be a good fic, job interviews back in the real world. All the questions like, can you share a time when x. Um, no. It’s classified.
              Originally posted by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Oh, and FH, your female skater, Loena Hendrickx,
                Spoiler:
                ...is in second place after the short! Congrats!!
                In Loena's own words: "Absolutely insane!"

I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed she can keep it up.

I replaced a teammember during our company's quiz night yesterday. Played with the team which has taken the win each year, and last night was no different. I'm used to being at the bottom end of the leaderboard so this was a welcome change.

There were only 7 teams but it sounded like a whole lot more. We had so much fun!
                I have to admit it was really good to get together with colleagues like that again.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I replaced a teammember during our company's quiz night yesterday. Played with the team which has taken the win each year, and last night was no different. I'm used to being at the bottom end of the leaderboard so this was a welcome change.

There were only 7 teams but it sounded like a whole lot more. We had so much fun!
                  I have to admit it was really good to get together with colleagues like that again.
                  Congratulations on the fun win at quiz night! And more returns to normal! It's a great thing.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

TGIF!!

In Loena's own words: "Absolutely insane!"

I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed she can keep it up.
                    Spoiler:
                    Congrats on winning the silver!!

And I have to say that I liked that the whole thing wasn't just a quad contest like the Olympics were, with the Russians out. It was more enjoyable, to me anyway.

Yay!! Sounds like fun!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Congrats on winning the silver!!
                        I did a woop woop when I saw the news on twitter, tweeted by the official account of the Belgian Royals.

Comment

My brain is so screwed up. On Saturday, I woke up thinking it was Sunday. And today (Sunday), I woke up with the sincere belief it was Monday. So confused.....

Comment

My brain is so screwed up. On Saturday, I woke up thinking it was Sunday. And today (Sunday), I woke up with the sincere belief it was Monday. So confused.....
                            But monday is a workday so the fact it's sunday must be a relief.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I hate when that happens to me...

But monday is a workday so the fact it's sunday must be a relief.
                              Indeed. Time to be lazy!

Comment

When my sister said we could measure the space where we will have our vegetable patch, I replied we could maybe start removing the grass.
                                The sun wasn't really there so it would be doable.

I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!

The sun came out in force and there was no wind to speak of so we worked our butts off in the warm afternoon sun.

But we did get the work done. May have split a few earth worms ... by accident. More food for the birds.

And then I got my credit card blocked ordering a rental car for our holiday, cause I punched in the wrong pincode.

Comment

Working...
                                X