Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Not weird at all. Whenever I go to a concert, I inevitably end up sitting next to a man who does the whole man-spread thing (this happens to me on airplanes too). If I buy the tickets, I try to make sure I'm on the aisle to avoid this. But it can't always be avoided. Then there's the parking ordeal, the sitting in traffic ordeal, the crowd... I went to see Randy Rainbow back in November of last year, and I was on the aisle but my poor sister got the man-spread guy next to her. And even though everyone was wearing masks, I felt like covid was surrounding me.

I need to start walking in my neighborhood again, now that it's getting warmer. I wish I had enough property to be able to just walk around my own house. Family members are always asking when I'm going to leave my house to move into a condo. Uhhh, never? If I'm going to move, I'm going to get MORE space. Not less.
    I was lucky as the air was on high which helped so much with the masks and lucky as there were 2 empty seats so we could spread out as we stood…and I was standing for almost 4 hours in boots with 2 inch heels because I forgot how to concert, lol. And the whole manspreading thing is just bleh. It’s the worst.

Pre Covid I had been casually looking at property hoping I’d come across an affordable fixer upper on a lake somewhere, but that probably won’t be in the cards for a while now. I get the wanting more land not less.

SK 12 untamed acres sounds great. I remember carrying clippers. My ex always carried a machete, like he was in romancing the stone or something .

I’m still watching x files in all its shippy goodness and keep imagining John and Elizabeth as Mulder and Scully. I’m sure there is a fanfic somewhere with a take on that.

Comment

Concerts .... *shudder* ...the last one I attended was the warm-up act to Enrique Iglesias, which was the only way we would ever get to see Demi Lovato live in concert. We didn't stay for the main act -- like many others we left during the break.

That was more than 6 years ago.

I booked my 1st vacation of the year yesterday. Back to Spain it is during the third week of April.

We will be getting our first 20° Celsius of the year this week...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I know, right? I mean, we have to have some place to put all our stuff!
        Absolutely!! Actually, I could live with a much smaller house but I want more land. My house isn't too bad now.... I have a typical suburban lot, but the area behind me is just woods. Anyway, the idea of moving into a condo.... *shudders*. I lived in apartments in college, and that was enough experience for me to know I don't want it.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
        I was lucky as the air was on high which helped so much with the masks and lucky as there were 2 empty seats so we could spread out as we stood…and I was standing for almost 4 hours in boots with 2 inch heels because I forgot how to concert, lol.
        Ouch!!! My feet ache in sympathy.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
        I booked my 1st vacation of the year yesterday. Back to Spain it is during the third week of April.
        Nice!! So jealous!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
        Too warm. We're supposed to get that warm here on Friday. I much prefer it a little cooler. Let's not skip spring entirely, please!!

Comment

Oh, and I forgot...

Happy Pi Day!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and Happy Pi Day!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            I was lucky as the air was on high which helped so much with the masks and lucky as there were 2 empty seats so we could spread out as we stood…and I was standing for almost 4 hours in boots with 2 inch heels because I forgot how to concert, lol.
            Owwie! *SK's feet join JT-2's on the ache in sympathy train*

SK 12 untamed acres sounds great. I remember carrying clippers. My ex always carried a machete, like he was in romancing the stone or something ​.
            LMAO!

Pre Covid I had been casually looking at property hoping I’d come across an affordable fixer upper on a lake somewhere, but that probably won’t be in the cards for a while now. I get the wanting more land not less.
            Absolutely!! Actually, I could live with a much smaller house but I want more land. My house isn't too bad now.... I have a typical suburban lot, but the area behind me is just woods. Anyway, the idea of moving into a condo.... *shudders*. I lived in apartments in college, and that was enough experience for me to know I don't want it.
            Yep, Lex Luthor was right. It's all about the land.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Concerts .... *shudder* ...the last one I attended was the warm-up act to Enrique Iglesias, which was the only way we would ever get to see Demi Lovato live in concert. We didn't stay for the main act -- like many others we left during the break.
            OMG.

Yay for Spanish holiday! And double yay on the 20° C... upper 60s F here would be grand. I'm tired of being cold all the time.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Yep, Lex Luthor was right. It's all about the land.
              I've actually never seen a Superman movie, although I did watch the TV show Smallville. That counts, kinda? And everyone is talking about Batman. I've never seen any of those either. They just don't interest me. That I liked Avengers is shocking. It was all because of Tom Hiddleston.

Comment

I saw Batman ... err... wait for it... Begins... Yes, Batman Begins. The scoring is epic. Can't remember the film.

Comment

Live music is like hiking for me in that it lights that fire within and I feel so very alive, but I do get the not liking concerts thing. Most of the shows I go to are small venues. Two of the shows this summer are at a joint in Asheville that accommodates maybe 1,000. Not a tiny number but so much better than 21k at my hometown arena or 100k at a football game.

Speaking of the Batman, I’m so glad movies are back too. I haven’t seen it yet, but I will. I did go see Unchartered with friends, it won’t win awards but it was mostly entertaining.

And I’m returning to Hogwarts today! Rain in the forecast every day I’m there but maybe it will help with crowds.

That was more than 6 years ago.

Heck yeah-Spain!!! Have you an itinerary yet? I’d love to go back. I’d like to walk the El Camino and see Bilboa. I only had a few days in Barcelona and loved how it checked so many boxes. Gorgeous sea, beautiful architecture, I’m a Gaudi fan, but my favorite may have been strolling through the Gothic quarter streets.

Is the third week of April Easter?

Comment

I Am Currently 8 or 9 Episodes Away from Finishing My Rewatch of Stargate Atlantis

I Have Noticed That Sheppard Has Become Moody and SO Dark... I Think it is Because He Lost Elizabeth..
                    Interesting Thing I Found Out. Mirror Mirror aka The Book Where He Actually Finds Her and Brings Her Back. The Circumstances are Different with a Time Travel Machine Was Published in July 2008 While Season 5 Was Airing,

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having an awesome Smutty Tuesday! (I'm sure John and Elizabeth are...)

I've actually never seen a Superman movie, although I did watch the TV show Smallville. That counts, kinda? And everyone is talking about Batman. I've never seen any of those either. They just don't interest me. That I liked Avengers is shocking. It was all because of Tom Hiddleston.
                      Smallville totally counts.

I saw Batman ... err... wait for it... Begins... Yes, Batman Begins. The scoring is epic. Can't remember the film.

And yet...I still haven't watched any of the new Marvel stuff. Not films, not the Disney+ shows, nothing. I've watched both Doctor Strange and Thor: Ragnarok when they've happened to be on TV, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch any of the other older films. Yeah, Endgame did a number on me. Oh well, there's always Star Wars...

Live music is like hiking for me in that it lights that fire within and I feel so very alive, but I do get the not liking concerts thing. Most of the shows I go to are small venues. Two of the shows this summer are at a joint in Asheville that accommodates maybe 1,000. Not a tiny number but so much better than 21k at my hometown arena or 100k at a football game.
                      Heh, 1,000 is much more manageable number for me as well. And this coming from someone who used to go to big conventions all the time. Hall H at Comic-Con San Diego, baby!

Speaking of the Batman, I’m so glad movies are back too. I haven’t seen it yet, but I will. I did go see Unchartered with friends, it won’t win awards but it was mostly entertaining.
                      Haven't been out to see any new movies at all. Mostly due to not being interested in the ones we've gotten out here.

And I’m returning to Hogwarts today! Rain in the forecast every day I’m there but maybe it will help with crowds.
                      As we say at the Ren Faire... Fyne English Weather! Have fun at Hogwarts and watch out for Death Eaters!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I turned on SGA to help me sleep and I watched Misbegotten, then slept through Irresistible and Sateda. Then my damn bladder woke me up halfway through Progeny. Now I've just started The Real World. Torri is so pretteh.

I'm planning on driving down to the beach later this morning. Maybe I'll post it to Instagram.

You gotta love a well done score. I don't think that Star Wars would be even half as good without John Williams.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                        I hope you had fun, even with the rain!!

Originally posted by america126
                        I Am Currently 8 or 9 Episodes Away from Finishing My Rewatch of Stargate Atlantis
                        Oooh, you're almost up to Vegas. Vegas!John.... drools....

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                        Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having an awesome Smutty Tuesday! (I'm sure John and Elizabeth are...)

And yet...I still haven't watched any of the new Marvel stuff. Not films, not the Disney+ shows, nothing. I've watched both Doctor Strange and Thor: Ragnarok when they've happened to be on TV, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch any of the other older films. Yeah, Endgame did a number on me. Oh well, there's always Star Wars...
                        I can totally understand that. I didn't want to watch any of it after Infinity War. But the Loki series was quite good. Of course you have to really like Loki. Which I do. But when it seemed that his story was ended in IW, I lost my love of it for quite some time.

And I can't wait for the Obi-Wan series. I hope it's good!!! I'm still bitter about how they screwed up The Rise of Skywalker. JJ Abrams should be ashamed. Whenever one of my writer friends gets down on herself, I remind her that Star Wars actually had "Somehow, Palpatine returned."

Heh, 1,000 is much more manageable number for me as well. And this coming from someone who used to go to big conventions all the time. Hall H at Comic-Con San Diego, baby!
                        I've seen video of that, and it gets my anxiety going to just watch it!! I liked the Chicago Stargate convention - it was plenty of people but small enough so that it wasn't overwhelming.

Comment

Live music is like hiking for me in that it lights that fire within and I feel so very alive, but I do get the not liking concerts thing.
                          It's not that I don't like them, it's that I get so overwhelmed I hardly enjoy them. Sitting concerts is fine to some degree, standing not so much.

Heck yeah-Spain!!! Have you an itinerary yet?
                          From what my sister has told me so far, we are going for archaeological sites dating back to the Roman era. There should be quite a few around where we're going, which is south of Malaga (if I remember correctly).

We booked an apartment (the "penthouse" suite) which has a view of the mediteranean sea and I am so looking forward to that alone. I want to see blue water, not green grass (although the grass being green is good of course, means it's not dead from lack of water).

Is the third week of April Easter?
                          It is. The 18th of April is Eastermonday, which is a national holiday and we also get Friday the 15th off so it's an extra long weekend to begin with but for me an extra long holiday. I'm tempted to take Monday the 25th as well since I promised my aunt I'd be catsitting Noa and Luna.

Comment

I turned on SGA to help me sleep and I watched Misbegotten, then slept through Irresistible and Sateda. Then my damn bladder woke me up halfway through Progeny. Now I've just started The Real World. Torri is so pretteh.

Oooh, you're almost up to Vegas. Vegas!John.... drools....

I've seen video of that, and it gets my anxiety going to just watch it!! I liked the Chicago Stargate convention - it was plenty of people but small enough so that it wasn't overwhelming.
                            Progeny and The Real World Were Both SO Good!!!

Yesterday, I Watched Inquisition, I Had Forgotten How Many Flashbacks There Were with Elizabeth and John, Including The Scene from Lifeline Where She Ordered Him to Leave Her Behind

and The Prodigal..

I Have Like 6 Episodes Left of Season 5

Last edited by america126; 16 March 2022, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I'm planning on driving down to the beach later this morning. Maybe I'll post it to Instagram.
                              Have fun at the beach!

You gotta love a well done score. I don't think that Star Wars would be even half as good without John Williams.
                              Yes, and I think that's especially true of A New Hope. With the wrong score, it could have all too easily been dismissed as a campy B-level movie, but the score gave it that punch of seriousness that subtly worked on audience's brains to say, "hey, I'm more than just a flashy sci-fi romp!" And then we got to Empire Strikes Back and the Imperial March becoming perhaps the most recognizable piece of film music of all time (maybe aside from Williams' theme from Jaws LOL), and the rest, as they say, is history.

Couldn't resist that one.

I can totally understand that. I didn't want to watch any of it after Infinity War. But the Loki series was quite good. Of course you have to really like Loki. Which I do. But when it seemed that his story was ended in IW, I lost my love of it for quite some time.

And I can't wait for the Obi-Wan series. I hope it's good!!! I'm still bitter about how they screwed up The Rise of Skywalker. JJ Abrams should be ashamed. Whenever one of my writer friends gets down on herself, I remind her that Star Wars actually had "Somehow, Palpatine returned."
                              Yeah, that Palpatine storyline was just... *shakes head*

But ooooh yes, OBI-WAN!!!!! Really, all the SW Disney+ shows have rocked, so I'm sure Obi-Wan will be equally awesome.

Hee! I learned early on to hit the exhibit hall within the first two or three hours after opening; by noon-1pm it starts turning into traffic congestion hell. Then go upstairs and watch panel discussions in the smaller rooms (and they're all sized for the most part on the scale of the SG cons or even smaller!) for the rest of the day. That avoids a lot of the crowds.

Comment

So…if you are at a Universal hotel and a tornado warning is issued, do you know what happens? Nothing. Everyone’s phones are blaring and everyone went on about their business, the restaurant and lobby were packed. I have bad luck and don’t dare tempt fate so I headed for shelter. It was surreal. It ended up fine, but holy heck. There were a few more warnings overnight, but today was a beautiful day to be a geek in the parks.

JT2- saw the beach photos! So glad you had such a lovely day.

SK- SDCC is still on my list, but I wished I could have made a few years ago. I feel I missed out on some magic.

FH- sounds amazing. I’m filing it all away for my bucket list. I still have the Lake District on my mind. Loved your photos.

America126- you are on such a roll, I’ll be watching a SGA epp tonight. You are right, Sheppard had a sharper edge after losing Elizabeth.

Comment

Working...
                                X