No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry some of you are dealing with icky weather. It’s been cold, but clear here today and it’s supposed to warm up to near 50 tomorrow. I’m definitely heading for the trails.

I caught some of the opening ceremony, the end but where the adorable kiddos performed and they brought the flame in.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

In Olympics watching news, last night (well this morning technically) I watched some skiing moguls. Or as orthopedic knee surgeons call them.... ka-ching ka-ching!!

Seriously, all I can think when I see that is just... whoa, those people are all going to need knee replacements by the time they are 40.

Comment

I can’t imagine the wear and tear in their bodies. I’m creaky enough as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            I can’t imagine the wear and tear in their bodies. I’m creaky enough as it is.

I can cause pain by just sleeping wrong. Or sleeping too little. Or sleeping too much.
            Last edited by JT-2; 06 February 2022, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              In Olympics watching news, last night (well this morning technically) I watched some skiing moguls. Or as orthopedic knee surgeons call them.... ka-ching ka-ching!!

Seriously, all I can think when I see that is just... whoa, those people are all going to need knee replacements by the time they are 40.
              And some of them already have metal plating in places due to horrific crashes in the past. Probably anyway...

I saw an article about sports that were once part of the Winter Olympics and speed skiing was one of them. One guy went down the hill at a speed over 200Kph... That's way over the speedlimit. It was a one-time event too cause one of the participants crashed and died.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Ouch! Yeah, old and creaky.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                And some of them already have metal plating in places due to horrific crashes in the past. Probably anyway...

I saw an article about sports that were once part of the Winter Olympics and speed skiing was one of them. One guy went down the hill at a speed over 200Kph... That's way over the speedlimit. It was a one-time event too cause one of the participants crashed and died.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Damn, that's so scary!!

I finally went outside today. The roads were fine, but my sidewalks are still a freaking mess. I dumped a whole jug of ice melt on the front walk. It's supposed to stay a bit warmer for the next few days, so hopefully soon it will all be melted.

And the pot holes are just horrible!!! Driving is like playing Mario Kart, dodging flying turtles.

Comment

And the pot holes are just horrible!!! Driving is like playing Mario Kart, dodging flying turtles.

In that case, Belgium is, as of right now, a racetrack in Mario Kart.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Now imagine that on gravel roads. At least all the main county roads are paved...

Comment

In that case, Belgium is, as of right now, a racetrack in Mario Kart.
                        A fellow Belgian over on Tumblr said that your roads are a mess all year round. Ours are too. Of course, here it depends on what state.. or even which town you are in. I live one street away from another town, and that other town is always much worse than we are. You can always see the town marker on the road after the snow plows come through. It's like the next town over does their half-heartedly. And it's that next town over where I was dodging all the potholes.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                        Now imagine that on gravel roads. At least all the main county roads are paved...
                        Yikes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          I do not need to imagine that. I have plenty of experience dodging big holes on gravel roads ... which by the way with a low-hanging car is asking for trouble when you miss the dodge or there's just no way around the hole.

With my current vehicle it's actually fun but not when there are complaining passengers.

A fellow Belgian over on Tumblr said that your roads are a mess all year round.
                          I'm always reminded of that one scene in Gilmore Girls where they have a bike race and in front of the diner is a "big hole" in the road, so the cyclists keep warning one another for the "Big hole!", at which point the diner owner gets annoyed with their yelling and the next thing you hear is "Big bat!".

So in the car it usually goes, "Big hole!" followed by the echo, "Big bat!".

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I do not need to imagine that. I have plenty of experience dodging big holes on gravel roads ... which by the way with a low-hanging car is asking for trouble when you miss the dodge or there's just no way around the hole.
                            Yep.

With my current vehicle it's actually fun but not when there are complaining passengers.

I'm always reminded of that one scene in Gilmore Girls where they have a bike race and in front of the diner is a "big hole" in the road, so the cyclists keep warning one another for the "Big hole!", at which point the diner owner gets annoyed with their yelling and the next thing you hear is "Big bat!".

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Oh, that's too funny!

Comment

My family wanted to celebrate 2 birthdays with dinner on Sunday. But it's the Superbowl!! Crazy kids!! My sister and I both complained about that idea, and now the dinner is postponed a week. I've watched all the playoffs this year.... I am going to watch the Superbowl, damnit!! My sister-in-law said "it's not our team anyway."

In Olympic figure skating news, go Nathan Chen!!! But that prohibited drug drama from the Russians, though.

Oh, and I watched some doubles luge. It made my nerves crawl, watching them having to share personal space like that. I don't even like hugs.

I haven't seen that episode. That's a riot! I'll have to go see if I can find it on YouTube.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

My family wanted to celebrate 2 birthdays with dinner on Sunday. But it's the Superbowl!! Crazy kids!! My sister and I both complained about that idea, and now the dinner is postponed a week. I've watched all the playoffs this year.... I am going to watch the Superbowl, damnit!! My sister-in-law said "it's not our team anyway."
                                Oh dear. But yeah, planning anything on Super Bowl Sunday is just A Really Bad Idea.

In Olympic figure skating news, go Nathan Chen!!! But that prohibited drug drama from the Russians, though.

Oh, and I watched some doubles luge. It made my nerves crawl, watching them having to share personal space like that. I don't even like hugs.
                                Still not watching the Winter Olympics here. But then, I've always been more interested in the summer games.

Comment

Working...
                                X