No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you JT-2, same to you. I take it Santa didn't leave you a new job under the tree?
    With the new year come new beginings, so keep your chin up.
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday and Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      It snowed this morning! Very pretty. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, though.
      It's snowing here, supposed to keep going through today and into tomorrow. White Christmas, baby!

Ugh, to your shipping adventure!!

And I did not get my gift cards on time. I ended up creating IOU's in Powerpoint instead of buying new cards. I just couldn't waste the money on cards I'd never use. I'm VERY annoyed with my credit card. I mean, I ordered them in PLENTY of time.
      Oh shoot, that stinks! I wouldn't have bought new cards either; the IOU's are really the only way to go. Hmm, your credit card company sells gift cards? Is it some sort of rewards offer? Yeah, I'd be ticked off at them too. One would think they'd be more on the ball and realize there's going to be more demand at this time of year...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
        Thank you JT-2, same to you. I take it Santa didn't leave you a new job under the tree?
        With the new year come new beginnings, so keep your chin up.
        No, but I haven't been looking all that hard. I'll start looking in earnest next week.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
        Oh shoot, that stinks! I wouldn't have bought new cards either; the IOU's are really the only way to go. Hmm, your credit card company sells gift cards? Is it some sort of rewards offer? Yeah, I'd be ticked off at them too. One would think they'd be more on the ball and realize there's going to be more demand at this time of year...
        It's a cash back thing. You can buy gift cards with your cash back. For example, I spent $45 on a $50 gift card to Home Depot. You can also use your cash back to pay towards your balance, which I did with the rest of the money. I don't keep a running balance on this credit card, so the cash back is pure FREE MONEY. Gotta love that!! But yeah, you'd think they would be more on the ball. Or at the very least don't say that it takes 3 business days to mail the cards when it clearly takes more than that.

Comment

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is well and has a lovely day. My surgery went well and my eyes are healing nicely, but still swollen so my vision isn’t so clear yet and more than a minute of screen times make it really hard to see. Stitches out on Tuesday!

Comment

Emerges from underneath the blanket... hope all had a good weekend with many presents for those who celebrate the X-mas time!

I've had plenty of gaming time and held a movie marathon on my first day off in a long while: The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, Lara Croft Tomb Raider and Lara Croft The Cradle of Life. Friday well spend.

I just ordered the giftcard the partner of my cousin would like for his new year's present -- we exchange gifts on January 1st (since we don't celebrate X-mas). It should arrive tuesday so plenty time to spare until the brunch on saturday.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

It's currently 17 degrees Fahrenheit outside. (That's -8 for those of you in Celsius land.) With gusty arctic winds out of the north (thanks Canada!) and more snow. *shivers*

Christmas was nice and quiet with lots of good eatings. Watched John Wick last night and looking forward to The Book of Boba Fett starting up in a few days.

It's a cash back thing. You can buy gift cards with your cash back. For example, I spent $45 on a $50 gift card to Home Depot. You can also use your cash back to pay towards your balance, which I did with the rest of the money. I don't keep a running balance on this credit card, so the cash back is pure FREE MONEY. Gotta love that!! But yeah, you'd think they would be more on the ball. Or at the very least don't say that it takes 3 business days to mail the cards when it clearly takes more than that.
              Ah, sounds like a cool thing...if it worked properly. *shakes stick at JT-2's credit card company*

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
              Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is well and has a lovely day. My surgery went well and my eyes are healing nicely, but still swollen so my vision isn’t so clear yet and more than a minute of screen times make it really hard to see. Stitches out on Tuesday!
              Yay, great to hear everything went well! Take it easy and keep resting up! *hugs*
              ​​​​
              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Emerges from underneath the blanket... hope all had a good weekend with many presents for those who celebrate the X-mas time!

I've had plenty of gaming time and held a movie marathon on my first day off in a long while: The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, Lara Croft Tomb Raider and Lara Croft The Cradle of Life. Friday well spend.

I just ordered the giftcard the partner of my cousin would like for his new year's present -- we exchange gifts on January 1st (since we don't celebrate X-mas). It should arrive tuesday so plenty time to spare until the brunch on saturday.
              Awesome, sounds like a good time was had by all!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

We survived the arctic blast, now we get to slooowwwwwly warm back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  It's currently 17 degrees Fahrenheit outside. (That's -8 for those of you in Celsius land.) With gusty arctic winds out of the north (thanks Canada!) and more snow. *shivers*
                  Brrrr.... that's freakin' cold!

We are getting temps which are more akeen to spring than winter... basically add 16 degrees celsius to your -8 and that's what we're getting this week. And rain, lots and lots and lots and ... you get the idea... rain.

Having a sudden flashback to The Storm.

Comment

Well, Christmas didn't go great but it's over. One of my friends had a horrible bout of diverticulitis so... it could always be worse.

The snow melted over Christmas day, although it might snow again tonight. If it does, though, the warming trend will continue and rain will happen afterwards. The snow made it pretty for most of Christmas at least.

So glad to hear from you!! *great big hugs* I've been thinking about you, hoping you're okay. Good luck with having the stitches out!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                    Ah, sounds like a cool thing...if it worked properly. *shakes stick at JT-2's credit card company*
                    Of course, OF COURSE, I got them in the mail today. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Well I had a good weekend, sort of with 40 degrees Celsius Christmas Day & 43 Celsius Boxing Day, but at my age I do not get, or want many presents.

But the question my dear FH is how is the Titanic getting on. I do not have access to your social media pages, & you have not mentioned it since you said you had bits here, & and bits there, like it was on the bottom of the sea.

​ ​

Comment

Well I had a good weekend, sort of with 40 degrees Celsius Christmas Day & 43 Celsius Boxing Day, but at my age I do not get, or want many presents.
                        *goes to google to translate that to F* HOLY CRAP!!!
                        *goes to look up where Who Knows is from* Ah.
                        *goes to google when summer is in Australia* Aaaah.

It has snowed here!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Snowed again last night, but the temperatures are still going up...slowly. Currently at 22 F, supposed to have a high of 28, we'll see if it gets there.

Of course, OF COURSE, I got them in the mail today. *sigh*
                          *snorts* Isn't that always how it works out? *pokes JT-2's credit card company with a sharp stick again*

Comment

*goes to google to translate that to F* HOLY CRAP!!!
                            *goes to look up where Who Knows is from* Ah.
                            *goes to google when summer is in Australia* Aaaah.

It has snowed here!
                            This reaction made me laugh just now.

But the question my dear FH is how is the Titanic getting on. I do not have access to your social media pages, & you have not mentioned it since you said you had bits here, & and bits there, like it was on the bottom of the sea.
                            It's finished and since yesterday sitting above the TV, where Arwen's sword... wait a minute, where did my sister leave the sword? ... (note to self: ask her)... so anyway, it's now in it's final resting place.

Titanic @ Instagram

Comment

Got my stitches trimmed up. Apparently they are dissolvable, so their state of general unruliness was not on me, lol. Back to work tomorrow but only for a few hours each day until next week. My eyes are still not so good with extended screen or book time, but at least now you have to look closely before you’d hypothesize I’ve been in a bar fight. I looked like a cross between Frankenstein and David Bowie for a few days there.

it was over 70 degrees here today, which means a heck of a storm is now heading my way. I have a line of giant cedar trees just behind my house and they are already groaning as the wind picks up. I think it will be a bit of a scary day tomorrow.

Comment

Got my stitches trimmed up. Apparently they are dissolvable, so their state of general unruliness was not on me, lol. Back to work tomorrow but only for a few hours each day until next week. My eyes are still not so good with extended screen or book time, but at least now you have to look closely before you’d hypothesize I’ve been in a bar fight. I looked like a cross between Frankenstein and David Bowie for a few days there.

it was over 70 degrees here today, which means a heck of a storm is now heading my way. I have a line of giant cedar trees just behind my house and they are already groaning as the wind picks up. I think it will be a bit of a scary day tomorrow.
                                Glad to hear you are slowly on the road to recovery, do not rush it in case you get a relapse.

Well at least now you will be able to see your cedars as well as hear them. That is something to look forward to (not) Good luck, & I hope your eyes keep getting better.

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X