Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

The safest place with half their furniture missing cause they bought some new things, among which a dining room table, and the husband wants the old furniture gone before the new arrives on January 4th.

We're getting their old dining room table so come new year's we'll have to improvise where to eat. We've already brought forth the idea of a Roman era inspired party... lying down in the sofa and eat grapes.
    Gotta love hand-me-down furniture. I've got my brother's old chair in my living room.

And at a Roman era party. That's hilarious! You should definitely do it.

Comment

OMG, a family friend keeps posting to Facebook math calculation posts, and she keeps getting them wrong. I have explained the order of operations - PEMDAS - to her. She refuses to believe me and change her thinking. I am math girl!!! And I am annoyed. Let's think.. who knows more math... the one who has a Bachelor's degree in math or her. I'm thinking it's me.

Yeah, I can already hear your response... just don't read her answer, JT. I know, I know.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and best wishes to our Zandras_Ashes for a speedy recovery from her surgery!

The safest place with half their furniture missing cause they bought some new things, among which a dining room table, and the husband wants the old furniture gone before the new arrives on January 4th.

We're getting their old dining room table so come new year's we'll have to improvise where to eat. We've already brought forth the idea of a Roman era inspired party... lying down in the sofa and eat grapes.
        TOGA PARTY!

But really, that does sound like a fun idea! Could even run some Roman-era-inspired movies like Gladiator.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          TOGA PARTY!

But really, that does sound like a fun idea! Could even run some Roman-era-inspired movies like Gladiator.
          LOL!! There's an Assyriologist, an Egyptologist and half an Archaeologist watching then... it might end in frustrations when we spot the mistakes.

Though... that is an interesting idea nonetheless.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

LOL!! There's an Assyriologist, an Egyptologist and half an Archaeologist watching then... it might end in frustrations when we spot the mistakes.

Though... that is an interesting idea nonetheless.
            Oh, that's even better! You all can spend the movie mocking the historical inaccuracies MST3K-style!

...Which gives me the mental image of movie night on Atlantis with the whole archaeology department going ballistic over the latest pseudo-historical epic to hit the box office on Earth.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I ordered 3 gift cards for Christmas presents using cash back on my credit card. I put in the order on 12/6. It said it took 3 business days to mail them. They weren't mailed out until the 17th. I still haven't gotten them. I have a bad feeling that I'm going to be out on Christmas Eve getting replacement presents, which isn't a horrible thing... but then I'll own 3 gift cards to places I don't go!! I'd love to know how 12/6 to 12/17 is THREE business days in this company's world.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                I'd love to know how 12/6 to 12/17 is THREE business days in this company's world.
                If you squeeze the days real tight, and forget at least 4 of them, minus weekends and then maybe a meh-day or 2... et voila, 3 business days left. Or something like that.

Comment

If you squeeze the days real tight, and forget at least 4 of them, minus weekends and then maybe a meh-day or 2... et voila, 3 business days left. Or something like that.

Comment

Hey, I posted without getting an error! It's a Christmas miracle!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Hey, I posted without getting an error! It's a Christmas miracle!
                      My notifications are also back. Good timing!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Heh, sounds like an eBay order I placed at the beginning of last week. Everything I ordered that day has arrived except one item; it's not even marked as shipped yet. Though to be fair, this is the last day of the estimated delivery window, and if they shipped from a retail location instead of using the online shipping tools and simply forgot to update it, that would explain it. Good thing it was just something for me and not a present.

ETA: Hey, no error message for me either! And I can edit the post and the edits show up!

Comment

LOL Update Time: That item I was talking about earlier? That I bought last week and still hadn't shipped? The seller finally updated with tracking information today, though UPS hasn't gotten the package yet. Definitely not making the estimated delivery window by the end of business today!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Late package odyssey update: Package dropped off with UPS yesterday evening, estimated delivery now Tuesday. Which should be [sarcasm] really fun [/sarcasm], considering we're supposed to get an Arctic blast this weekend with temps down in the 20s during the day.

JT-2, how's the tale of your late gift cards going? Hope they get there today if they're not there already!

Comment

It snowed this morning! Very pretty. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, though.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Late package odyssey update: Package dropped off with UPS yesterday evening, estimated delivery now Tuesday. Which should be [sarcasm] really fun [/sarcasm], considering we're supposed to get an Arctic blast this weekend with temps down in the 20s during the day.

JT-2, how's the tale of your late gift cards going? Hope they get there today if they're not there already!
                              Ugh, to your shipping adventure!!

And I did not get my gift cards on time. I ended up creating IOU's in Powerpoint instead of buying new cards. I just couldn't waste the money on cards I'd never use. I'm VERY annoyed with my credit card. I mean, I ordered them in PLENTY of time.

Comment

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X