Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Well the job didn't come through and tomorrow is my last day. I just signed my severance agreement. *sigh*
    I’m so sorry. These companies can be so irresponsible with decisions, timing, and tact and it’s always good people who suffer. Hugs, my dear.

Comment

Damn it... something's wrong with my notifications.

Grr... this new VBulletin thing since january 2021 is a mess.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Some good news for my family.... my niece and her husband are adopting their foster kids today!! She gave me a link so I'm going to watch. So exciting!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

LOL!! I really am off to a good start this week.

I also keep singing "Deck the halls with balls and glory..." so it fits.
        I can't tell you why I sing it like that, but that's how it goes now.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
        I’m so sorry. These companies can be so irresponsible with decisions, timing, and tact and it’s always good people who suffer. Hugs, my dear.
        Thank you. *glomps you* At least I wasn't told over a mass Zoom call, like they did at better.com. What's even worse about that is that they publicly bad-mouthed those employees after firing them, saying they weren't working hard. So now all of those employees have a stain on their record going forward. Not cool.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
        Damn it... something's wrong with my notifications.

Grr... this new VBulletin thing since january 2021 is a mess.
        Yes!! When I've been posting lately I keep getting an error message, although the post does happen.

Comment

Some good news for my family.... my niece and her husband are adopting their foster kids today!! She gave me a link so I'm going to watch. So exciting!!
          Happy news!!

Yes!! When I've been posting lately I keep getting an error message, although the post does happen.
          That 500 error message is a known problem with VBulletin. I already posted a link to the possible solution in the moderators thread. I've been getting it left, right and center.

And I'm not getting notifications to threads I'm most definitely subscribed to, like this one. I just unsubscribed and resubscribed so hopefully that'll fix that.

Otherwise it'll be GW's balls and glory adorning my halls, me thinks.

Comment

Unfortunately, the adoption fell through at the last minute. Some paperwork problem. So it's pushed out again. I feel badly for them. They were all excited.

That 500 error message is a known problem with VBulletin. I already posted a link to the possible solution in the moderators thread. I've been getting it left, right and center.

And I'm not getting notifications to threads I'm most definitely subscribed to, like this one. I just unsubscribed and resubscribed so hopefully that'll fix that.

Otherwise it'll be GW's balls and glory adorning my halls, me thinks.
            As long as it's not a problem on my end, I will live with it. Still annoying, though.

I'm going to forever hear "balls and glory" now in that song.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Unfortunately, the adoption fell through at the last minute. Some paperwork problem. So it's pushed out again. I feel badly for them. They were all excited.
              That is so not a good thing to have happen, even moreso at this time of year. I hope it gets fixed soon. *sends virtual hugs to all*

As long as it's not a problem on my end, I will live with it. Still annoying, though.
              Yeah, I've been getting that error message for the past few days too. But the posts do get posted, so I'm just shrugging it off. Nothing else we can do on this end but wait.

I'm going to forever hear "balls and glory" now in that song.
              Me too! Freakin' hilarious!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I guess warriors have to have their own x-mas song...

Comment

Oh I didn't tell you all. Yesterday around 8am I had someone ringing my doorbell. It was a police officer. Evidently the neighbor diagonally across from me had a truck stolen overnight!! This has always been a very safe neighborhood. Scary. I locked my basement bulkhead door. I had left it unlocked but now I'm concerned. There's honestly nothing in my house worth stealing, though. You want a 4 year old TV? A 5 year old computer that can't hold a charge?

Comment

Hence why the neighbors truck went missing...

Nevertheless, a scary thought.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Oh I didn't tell you all. Yesterday around 8am I had someone ringing my doorbell. It was a police officer. Evidently the neighbor diagonally across from me had a truck stolen overnight!! This has always been a very safe neighborhood. Scary. I locked my basement bulkhead door. I had left it unlocked but now I'm concerned. There's honestly nothing in my house worth stealing, though. You want a 4 year old TV? A 5 year old computer that can't hold a charge?
                      There's been a lot of that, places where nothing used to happen now getting hit. I'm beginning to think no place is really safe anymore unless you're out in the middle of nowhere with a clear view of 10 miles in any direction. Not a great thought.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                        Nondedju (**) ... still something wrong with my subscriptions.

** Dutch slang of the proper French phrase "Nom de Dieu" (Name of God in English) which we Flemish turned into a proper curse word, usually loudly exclaimed when hitting the finger instead of the nail. There's a longer version --> Godvermiljaardenondedju, which basically means a billion times the previous versions and generally heard the most after realizing one should have read the instructions before drilling a hole in the wrong wall.
                        Bloody VbForum... unable to edit and yet, there's my complete text... but I can't see it in the saved post. What's going on?

But the delete went through... ARGH!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Hope you're all feeling better than I am right now...got my covid booster shot yesterday, was feeling pretty good most of the day, but then it knocked me flat on my @$$ at bedtime. Worst night's sleep EVER. Chills are gone, but I'm still achy all over. I'll be doing a good imitation of a sloth today, methinks.

Bloody VbForum... unable to edit and yet, there's my complete text... but I can't see it in the saved post. What's going on?

But the delete went through... ARGH!!!
                          Huh, weird. I guess it's gonna be that kind of day...

Comment

It's 60 degrees here today. (15.6 C). It feels like September, not December.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            There's been a lot of that, places where nothing used to happen now getting hit. I'm beginning to think no place is really safe anymore unless you're out in the middle of nowhere with a clear view of 10 miles in any direction. Not a great thought.
                            Very true. Holiday season always brings out more stealing too.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                            Hope you're all feeling better than I am right now...got my covid booster shot yesterday, was feeling pretty good most of the day, but then it knocked me flat on my @$$ at bedtime. Worst night's sleep EVER. Chills are gone, but I'm still achy all over. I'll be doing a good imitation of a sloth today, methinks.
                            Ouch!! *gentle hugs* Which one did you get?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

It's 60 degrees here today. (15.6 C). It feels like September, not December.
                              Oooh, I wish it was like that here! Currently 33 F (0.5 C), cloudy all day with rain coming in overnight. Brrr!

Very true. Holiday season always brings out more stealing too.
                              Yep. Not-so-happy holidays.

Ouch!! *gentle hugs* Which one did you get?
                              Moderna, matching what I got before. A slug of Tylenol and a hot steamy shower to ease the aches did wonders and I was pretty much normal again by afternoon. Good enough to make pizza for dinner! Fresh dough, red sauce, fresh mozz (instead of the shredded stuff), mushrooms, ham, and a sprinkle of parsley and green onion in my happy new pizza pan. Yummies! (I should've taken a picture, LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Huh, weird. I guess it's gonna be that kind of day...
                                This is absolutely the weirdest thing now. Your quote of my post has the edited line that the delete happened, but I don't see that line in my post.

I swear my Lemming self did not eat any of the cables connecting this forum (can't say the same about cables running in and out of Rodney's office).

Comment

Working...
                                X