No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sig is now too large for this site. What the hell??

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      My sig is now too large for this site. What the hell??
      I guess that's why I'm seeing a "huge" large white open space underneath your post...
      How big is it?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

At least Rhode Island can't lose if they're no longer playing.
        That's about how I've been feeling about USC all season. We'll see if this new coach can turn things around next season...

Anyway, I have found Christmas presents for 2 friends. It's so much easier to buy for friends than it is to buy for family. I have given my sister-in-law a gift idea but she has not asked me for a size, which leads me to believe she already bought something else instead. So I'm wanting to buy that gift for me now...
        See, that's what we do now...buy for ourselves. Then get lots of tasty things to eat. So much easier for everyone.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I got laid off from my job this morning. I have to work until Dec 10th in order to collect unemployment and get the whopping 2 weeks severance. Could they have spared it?

Comment

I got laid off from my job this morning. I have to work until Dec 10th in order to collect unemployment and get the whopping 2 weeks severance. Could they have spared it?
            Oh... ...that's not cool.

Lemming hugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Oh... ...that's not cool.

Lemming hugs!
              Thanks. I need them.

Comment

That definitely stinks JT-2. But you still have your friends and supporters here.
                9-1.gif from the bunny. They will be sorry come New years eve & you are not there to work.

Can you find another job easily?
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I come back to bad news. Oh no. Sending good thoughts for a quick and easy job hunt.

We spent most of Nov in Florida, part of it with the twins. When I get a chance I'll do a Thing 1 and Thing 2 report.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

OMG those a-holes! I'm so sorry to see this! ***BIG HUGS*** Who Knows is right, they're gonna regret it. May your job hunt go swiftly and end with a spectacular catch. *MOAR HUGS*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I started writing a new office saga chapter but it has turned into one that is outside of the scope of the saga... It has real people in it and I poured some of my frustrations in too, and my archnemesis but then JT got laid off and well... maybe this will cheer you up:

(not an official chapter)

Spoiler:
                      Elizabeth was in a good mood. Her morning had been quiet and uneventful. There had been no unexpected shenanigans and for the first time in a long while she was on time for a lunch date with Kate and Teyla. In fact, she was even a little early which pleasantly surprised the pair.

"Quiet morning?"

Kate asked with a smile.

Elizabeth nodded, "Though I'm sure my afternoon will take revenge for it. Knowing my luck."

Teyla chuckled.

They found a table to the side and sat down to eat. It wasn't long before they found themselves, involuntarily, eavesdropping on an animated conversation one table to their left. Two of the three women, seemingly colleagues, were discussing the amount of work they were having and how they felt like the pile didn't grow any smaller no matter how hard they tried. The third was quietly staring in her cup, toying with her spoon.

"I informed Rachel I would add the adjustments Doctor Kusanagi mailed us."

"Can't Finn do it?"

The toying with the spoon stopped and the aforementioned woman looked up.

"You seem to have forgotten how well that turned out last time I helped out with that."

She gave her colleague a pointed look, "Rachel nearly bit my head off when I made that teeny tiny mistake, which I immediately corrected, mind you."

"Right," her colleague said, slinking back in her seat. "Sorry, I forgot."

"Anywho, I'm still banned from making adjustments as far as I'm aware," Finn continued, adding an impressive eyeroll for good measure. "Besides, I'm not in the mood to hear how she's the best at everything. She can stick it where the sun doesn't shine."

There was an audible grumble which caused Elizabeth to wince. There was some real animosity between this Rachel person mentioned and Finn at the table.

"Fair enough," came the reply.

"I'm sure she'll be eternally grateful for your help," Finn's eyes went for another spin in their sockets.

"The sarcasm is strong in that one," Kate mentioned off-hand when Elizabeth turned back to her lunch companions.

Elizabeth made it a habit of knowing every member of the expedition, and tried to do the same with all the different departments but there were so many, she sometimes only had a superficial knowledge of who did what. Kate, however, was familiar with at least one of them and informed her the trio at the table was part of one of the operations support teams. They did everything from developping applications to maintaining the servers, to keeping the databases running to sending out reports, to keeping the digital information flow going, and much more. They were a small team with a diverse background.

"I had no idea so small a team was responsible for so many things," Elizabeth said.

"They manage most days," Kate replied. "Or so I've been told."

She discretely pointed at Finn whose gaze was fixed on someone entering the cafeteria.

"I think I'm going to schedule a talk with them," Elizabeth continued. "See if I can find them some more people to help out."

"I may have a suggestion," Teyla interjected. "JT would be a good fit. She and Finn get on like a house on fire."

"A house on fire?" Elizabeth curiously tilted her head, still, as ever, amused when hearing earth's idioms come out of Teyla's mouth.

Teyla turned to Kate.

"Did I get it wrong?"

Elizabeth laughed.

"No, you got it right."

Kate smiled.

They jumped when Finn suddenly appeared at their table. Realizing, however, where she had fled to in a hurry, she turned a dark shade of red, mumbled an apology and started to quickly rise from her chair.

"Hold on," Elizabeth motioned Finn to stay in her seat. "Now that you're here, let's have a chat."

"A chat?", came the nervous reply.

"It has come to my attention that you and your colleagues could use some extra help. Teyla suggested JT would be a good fit."

"She'd be an excellent fit," Finn agreed, sitting up a little more straight.

"Good," Elizabeth nodded. "That's settled then."

"Okay," Finn turned, ready to leave.

"You're not in the clear yet."

Kate pointed to where Finn's archnemesis was happily chatting with her colleagues, oblivious that Finn had only moved one table over earlier.

"Damn it," Finn cursed under her breath.

"Look at it this way," Elizabeth smiled, "you're having lunch with the boss. It might give her some pause next time she's about to bite your head off."

Finn couldn't help a snort escaping her lips as she rolled her eyes once more.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I started writing a new office saga chapter but it has turned into one that is outside of the scope of the saga... It has real people in it and I poured some of my frustrations in too, and my archnemesis but then JT got laid off and well... maybe this will cheer you up:

(not an official chapter)

Spoiler:
                        Elizabeth was in a good mood. Her morning had been quiet and uneventful. There had been no unexpected shenanigans and for the first time in a long while she was on time for a lunch date with Kate and Teyla. In fact, she was even a little early which pleasantly surprised the pair.

"Quiet morning?"

Kate asked with a smile.

Elizabeth nodded, "Though I'm sure my afternoon will take revenge for it. Knowing my luck."

Teyla chuckled.

They found a table to the side and sat down to eat. It wasn't long before they found themselves, involuntarily, eavesdropping on an animated conversation one table to their left. Two of the three women, seemingly colleagues, were discussing the amount of work they were having and how they felt like the pile didn't grow any smaller no matter how hard they tried. The third was quietly staring in her cup, toying with her spoon.

"I informed Rachel I would add the adjustments Doctor Kusanagi mailed us."

"Can't Finn do it?"

The toying with the spoon stopped and the aforementioned woman looked up.

"You seem to have forgotten how well that turned out last time I helped out with that."

She gave her colleague a pointed look, "Rachel nearly bit my head off when I made that teeny tiny mistake, which I immediately corrected, mind you."

"Right," her colleague said, slinking back in her seat. "Sorry, I forgot."

"Anywho, I'm still banned from making adjustments as far as I'm aware," Finn continued, adding an impressive eyeroll for good measure. "Besides, I'm not in the mood to hear how she's the best at everything. She can stick it where the sun doesn't shine."

There was an audible grumble which caused Elizabeth to wince. There was some real animosity between this Rachel person mentioned and Finn at the table.

"Fair enough," came the reply.

"I'm sure she'll be eternally grateful for your help," Finn's eyes went for another spin in their sockets.

"The sarcasm is strong in that one," Kate mentioned off-hand when Elizabeth turned back to her lunch companions.

Elizabeth made it a habit of knowing every member of the expedition, and tried to do the same with all the different departments but there were so many, she sometimes only had a superficial knowledge of who did what. Kate, however, was familiar with at least one of them and informed her the trio at the table was part of one of the operations support teams. They did everything from developping applications to maintaining the servers, to keeping the databases running to sending out reports, to keeping the digital information flow going, and much more. They were a small team with a diverse background.

"I had no idea so small a team was responsible for so many things," Elizabeth said.

"They manage most days," Kate replied. "Or so I've been told."

She discretely pointed at Finn whose gaze was fixed on someone entering the cafeteria.

"I think I'm going to schedule a talk with them," Elizabeth continued. "See if I can find them some more people to help out."

"I may have a suggestion," Teyla interjected. "JT would be a good fit. She and Finn get on like a house on fire."

"A house on fire?" Elizabeth curiously tilted her head, still, as ever, amused when hearing earth's idioms come out of Teyla's mouth.

Teyla turned to Kate.

"Did I get it wrong?"

Elizabeth laughed.

"No, you got it right."

Kate smiled.

They jumped when Finn suddenly appeared at their table. Realizing, however, where she had fled to in a hurry, she turned a dark shade of red, mumbled an apology and started to quickly rise from her chair.

"Hold on," Elizabeth motioned Finn to stay in her seat. "Now that you're here, let's have a chat."

"A chat?", came the nervous reply.

"It has come to my attention that you and your colleagues could use some extra help. Teyla suggested JT would be a good fit."

"She'd be an excellent fit," Finn agreed, sitting up a little more straight.

"Good," Elizabeth nodded. "That's settled then."

"Okay," Finn turned, ready to leave.

"You're not in the clear yet."

Kate pointed to where Finn's archnemesis was happily chatting with her colleagues, oblivious that Finn had only moved one table over earlier.

"Damn it," Finn cursed under her breath.

"Look at it this way," Elizabeth smiled, "you're having lunch with the boss. It might give her some pause next time she's about to bite your head off."

Finn couldn't help a snort escaping her lips as she rolled her eyes once more.
                        OMG!
                        Spoiler:
                        Lunch with the boss! The BEST revenge against Rachel! And yay for a shoutout to JT! You do realize this means she's going to have to make an appearance now, right?

Comment

The spin-off: Finn & JT's Atlantis Adventure

There could be lemmings.

Comment

FH- love the story!

I am so very sorry. Sending virtual hugs your way and hoping that this closed door means a better opportunity awaits.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

The spin-off: Finn & JT's Atlantis Adventure

There could be lemmings.
                              Sweeeet! Bring on the sugar!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

Working...
                                X