No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It was delivered, all 40 tiny plants. Tomorrow is hedge-day!
    Yay for hedges!

I confess to have listened to Bing Crosby singing christmas songs yesterday, when my sister and I were weaving chainmail christmas tree ornaments.
    Chainmail ornaments?!? That sounds totally cool and I want to see pics! Better still, any websites with instructions you can recommend?

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    But, but... it's only November 16th.
    To be fair, holiday crafting (and craft stores) is the one exception I make in the no-Christmas-before-Dec-1 rule. Some elaborate craft projects just take more time to finish, you've got to get all your materials together, you've always got to allow for interruptions to the schedule, that sort of thing. So when I walk into Michaels or Joann in October and see them setting up the Christmas aisles, I don't bat an eye. (plus the timing is good for those doing a Nightmare Before Christmas theme ) But any place like Target or Macy's, forget it. At least Nordstrom still sticks to tradition.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      To be fair, holiday crafting (and craft stores) is the one exception I make in the no-Christmas-before-Dec-1 rule. Some elaborate craft projects just take more time to finish, you've got to get all your materials together, you've always got to allow for interruptions to the schedule, that sort of thing. So when I walk into Michaels or Joann in October and see them setting up the Christmas aisles, I don't bat an eye. (plus the timing is good for those doing a Nightmare Before Christmas theme ) But any place like Target or Macy's, forget it. At least Nordstrom still sticks to tradition.
      Okay that does make sense about the crafting. I'll give you that one.

So here in the US, next week on Thursday is Thanksgiving. Mmmm food! Good thing I'm going for my regular doctor checkup on Tuesday, so I can binge at Thanksgiving without my doctor finding out.

Comment

Tumblr will continue to confuse me but I did find your reblog, JT, and immediately reblogged it.

Cause ... errm... *thunk* ...

If anyone's in the New York broadway area, you could catch Claire doing Dear Evan Hansen there.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Chainmail ornaments?!? That sounds totally cool and I want to see pics! Better still, any websites with instructions you can recommend?
          I will post images but I'm not finished yet.

I got the designs from The Ring Lord, and you can immediately add the rings required. They're Canadian based so for North-Americans the ideal provider of all things chainmail. Got my rings from The Queen Ring (which is based in The Netherlands) but they get their rings from TRL so I know they are good quality. I once bought their entire stock of 18G rings for my chainmail shirt, and then had to find a different provider and ended up with TRL.

However, there are designs all over the net, even on youtube.

There's also WeaveGotMail -- they have kits. Also US-based.

Comment

Oh my goodness, they started a new phone system at my job today. They clearly didn't test it, but decided to go live with it today anyway. So many problems.....

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

So here in the US, next week on Thursday is Thanksgiving. Mmmm food! ​ Good thing I'm going for my regular doctor checkup on Tuesday, so I can binge at Thanksgiving without my doctor finding out.

Oh my goodness, they started a new phone system at my job today. They clearly didn't test it, but decided to go live with it today anyway. So many problems.....
              Ugh, and they just had to do it right before a holiday... *headdesk*

I will post images but I'm not finished yet.

I got the designs from The Ring Lord, and you can immediately add the rings required. They're Canadian based so for North-Americans the ideal provider of all things chainmail. Got my rings from The Queen Ring (which is based in The Netherlands) but they get their rings from TRL so I know they are good quality. I once bought their entire stock of 18G rings for my chainmail shirt, and then had to find a different provider and ended up with TRL.

However, there are designs all over the net, even on youtube.

There's also WeaveGotMail -- they have kits. Also US-based.
              SWEEEEEET!!! *cackles madly and jumps down the rabbit hole of links*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ugh, and they just had to do it right before a holiday... *headdesk*
                Precisely!! I don't get many calls (or I would change jobs... phone = ). But I feel badly for the call center people who have to deal with it all day with almost no training nor testing. As I told a few coworkers today, I used to work in IT and my old department could never get away with the crap these people do. We couldn't go live with anything unless it was thoroughly tested both by us and quality assurance people. It's almost as if they want us to fail. It boggles the mind.

Hey, it's a paycheck. And unlike my old job, I work only the normal business hours. No being up in the middle of the night for an install or working nights and weekends. It's a trade-off... make the big bucks but live in stress 24/7, or make the small bucks and have a life. I have chosen a life. I'm reminded of how my former coworker's mother was in the hospital dying, but she logged on from the hospital every day because of a big deadline.

Comment

My sister scared the living daylights out of me earlier today. I had put my headphones on because she had been on video calls all afternoon, and it was starting to annoy me, so I started listening to this really cool zen-track... and then suddenly she's standing in my doorway going "pst, pst" ...

The ceiling has a dent now.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Precisely!! I don't get many calls (or I would change jobs... phone = ). But I feel badly for the call center people who have to deal with it all day with almost no training nor testing. As I told a few coworkers today, I used to work in IT and my old department could never get away with the crap these people do. We couldn't go live with anything unless it was thoroughly tested both by us and quality assurance people. It's almost as if they want us to fail. It boggles the mind.

Hey, it's a paycheck. And unlike my old job, I work only the normal business hours. No being up in the middle of the night for an install or working nights and weekends. It's a trade-off... make the big bucks but live in stress 24/7, or make the small bucks and have a life. I have chosen a life. I'm reminded of how my former coworker's mother was in the hospital dying, but she logged on from the hospital every day because of a big deadline.
                    That is just so very wrong on every level.

My sister scared the living daylights out of me earlier today. I had put my headphones on because she had been on video calls all afternoon, and it was starting to annoy me, so I started listening to this really cool zen-track... and then suddenly she's standing in my doorway going "pst, pst" ...

The ceiling has a dent now.

PS: I saw the hedge! It looks awesome!

Comment

That is just so very wrong on every level.
                      Another story... we were allowed 3-5 days of vacation after a death in the family. When my mother died, I asked my boss if I could take the 5 since a) it was my mom, and b) I was in charge of everything and it took lots of time to get matters settled. He said yes, but then later brought that against me at my review. He said I should have just taken 3. (Never mind that he said yes, and 5 were allowed).

Goodness, I don't miss that place. I miss my former coworkers, but that's it.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty

I second that!!

Comment

A colleague of my sister thought that we had a professional plant the hedge for us. No ma'am, we did that ourselves.

Now it needs to grow. I'll have a chat with it whenever I can. Didn't Katie tell Rodney something about talking to plants? Or was it Carter who did that?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Another story... we were allowed 3-5 days of vacation after a death in the family. When my mother died, I asked my boss if I could take the 5 since a) it was my mom, and b) I was in charge of everything and it took lots of time to get matters settled. He said yes, but then later brought that against me at my review. He said I should have just taken 3. (Never mind that he said yes, and 5 were allowed).

Goodness, I don't miss that place. I miss my former coworkers, but that's it.
                          OMFG what an a**h0le! I'm sorry you had to go through that at such a time, and I feel really bad for your former coworkers still stuck there with that loser.

A colleague of my sister thought that we had a professional plant the hedge for us. No ma'am, we did that ourselves.

Now it needs to grow. I'll have a chat with it whenever I can. Didn't Katie tell Rodney something about talking to plants? Or was it Carter who did that?
                          Pretty sure it was Katie.

And yeah, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Comment

Argh... going out to see the Carmina Burana spectacle sunday afternoon.

It's a covid pass + facemask event. It's the first event we'll be going to since before the start of the pandemic. I don't think it's sold out so I'm hoping it's roomie and there's plenty of space between us and the next people sitting in our row... and lots of ventilation and well... I hope it'll be alright.

Comment

OMFG what an a**h0le! I'm sorry you had to go through that at such a time, and I feel really bad for your former coworkers still stuck there with that loser.
                              Actually he was one of the better bosses there. The management was always people who used to program and got promoted. And programmers are not, in general, good at dealing with people.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                              Argh... going out to see the Carmina Burana spectacle sunday afternoon.

It's a covid pass + facemask event. It's the first event we'll be going to since before the start of the pandemic. I don't think it's sold out so I'm hoping it's roomie and there's plenty of space between us and the next people sitting in our row... and lots of ventilation and well... I hope it'll be alright.
                              I hope it's not too crowded and that you have a great time!

I went to a party at a bowling alley tonight and it was as if I could just feel the 'rona surrounding me. I didn't stay for the whole party.

Comment

This thread seems to have nothing to do with
                                Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

And more to do with Covid19. Which is fine, because I have questions and maybe I can get straight answers here from you members, not political double speak that says nothing from our playful politicians.

1. I am double vaccinated, so am I protected against catching Covid?
                                2. If so, why are there restrictions on me going to shows, movie theatres, traveling around the country and/or abroad?
                                3. If I have to wear a mask, is that to protect me, or those idiots who refuse to protect themselves?
                                (And I know there are those among us who, for medical reasons just can not have this vaccination. I do NOT include them in the term 'idiot', and I hope as time goes by the boffins can develop something they can take to get immunity}

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X