No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 2 days at the office of 5 workdays... and I'm entirely fine with that.
    The bare minimum is all I really need.

However, considering working from home is being made reccommended again, not mandatory but highly reccommended, it might (though I suspect not) change from next week forward.

I have friday off so only one more day of work this week -- well 1,5. Today ain't over yet.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Good news!! I'm so glad you made out okay.
      ​Me too, it was spooky.

My sister-in-law, who works for the same company, said that our since our vacation time is "flexible" I probably wouldn't get dinged for it. I hope I don't have to find out. But like I said to my family earlier, all it takes for my power to go out is for a squirrel to fart near a power line.
      Good to hear about the vacay time; sometimes things just happen, and they have to have some flexibility otherwise they could get sued.

And...squirrel farting near a power line?

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
      SK- happy to hear you weathered the storm! (Odd timing as I just finished watching The storm as I wait at the airport.
      Hah! Timely indeed!

We were at the Marriott Marquis just next to the Convention Center, but I smiled fondly and waved at it when I was out and about. A stranger waved back and it wasn’t awkward (and seriously why won’t GW emojis work when I need them, lol). I really need to get to SDCC one day.

One of my coworkers was with me and the rest were industry peers so it was nice to connect so my network of people to bug when I need help grows, heheh.

Im still 98 percent remote but it’s nice that I can visit work/coworkers within a hour drive. My last position that was fully remote- I met EVERYONE on my second week as it coincided with a conference in Vegas. It was crazy to meet 200 team members plus another 300 associated department members. Fun, but so overwhelming that first day.
      Whoo, that is overwhelming!

The Marriott Marquis? Excellent, that's one of the official hotels; they've usually had the hospitality suite, volunteer room, anime screenings, and a Nintendo gaming room there, among other things.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I'm 2 days at the office of 5 workdays... and I'm entirely fine with that.
      The bare minimum is all I really need.

However, considering working from home is being made reccommended again, not mandatory but highly reccommended, it might (though I suspect not) change from next week forward.

I have friday off so only one more day of work this week -- well 1,5. Today ain't over yet.
      Almost there!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

1 more day... and if it's anything like today, I might just have a chapter on the table ready for posting next week. I did a lot of waiting today... like a lot of waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good to hear about the vacay time; sometimes things just happen, and they have to have some flexibility otherwise they could get sued.

And...squirrel farting near a power line?
          Turns out I didn't lose power. Shocking, I know!!

And yeah, I thought the squirrel joke was funny too. Sometimes I amuse myself.

Anywho... I just had a training class I was forced to attend. The woman who gave the recorded demonstration kept saying the word "necessarily" when she meant "necessary". After the 4th time I was yelling at the computer. Okay it's possible I was bored and therefore oversensitive.

Comment

You know, it would be nice if I didn't have to re-upload my sig once a week.

Okay, I'm cranky. Don't mind me.

Comment

Oh, the signature... damn, completely forgot I was going to try one again... might get to it tomorrow... when I'm doing more waiting.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                1 more day... and if it's anything like today, I might just have a chapter on the table ready for posting next week. I did a lot of waiting today... like a lot of waiting...
                Ohhh, this sounds like it's gonna be a fun one!

Turns out I didn't lose power. Shocking, I know!!

And yeah, I thought the squirrel joke was funny too. Sometimes I amuse myself.
                No power outage? Awesome!

Squirrels are such freaking goofballs.

Anywho... I just had a training class I was forced to attend. The woman who gave the recorded demonstration kept saying the word "necessarily" when she meant "necessary". After the 4th time I was yelling at the computer. Okay it's possible I was bored and therefore oversensitive.
                Argh, how annoying! I would've been yelling at the computer too.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

No time for writing today but the chapter is coming... of that I'm sure...

REMEMBER I HAVE TOMORROW FREE!!!

Anywho... has anyone heard or seen anyone talking about Fedcon last weekend? Torri was there.

Comment

JT2- glad you kept power. My Bonnet Shores friend lost hers for the day and I was wondering how you fared. Your training experience is sooo relatable, lol.

FH-Yay for new chapter! I saw that Torri mentioned FedCon in a Insta post and I thought Joe and some others were there too though I have only seen a few photos. None together. Someone posted that Joe was sick and missed at least one event, but I think it was a meet and greet.

SK- I enjoyed that Marriott! I even managed to snag an upgrade to a bay view balcony room at a discounted $50 upcharge. I was going to move back to a standard room for my convention (company paid) dates and they ended up leaving me in that room at no extra cost. It was soooo nice to have that view.

Also, I don’t know what I’ve done now with my GW account. Every time I log in I end up in a different account I’ve created over the years. I’ll figure it out one day, but for real it makes me worry about my mind, lol.
                    Last edited by Zandras_Ashes; 28 October 2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Haven't heard anything about FedCon, but then I'm not keeping up with SG news anymore.

SK- I enjoyed that Marriott! I even managed to snag an upgrade to a bay view balcony room at a discounted $50 upcharge. I was going to move back to a standard room for my convention (company paid) dates and they ended up leaving me in that room at no extra cost. It was soooo nice to have that view.
                      SWEET! That's an awesome score!

​​​​​​​
                      Also, I don’t know what I’ve done now with my GW account. Every time I log in I end up in a different account I’ve created over the years. I’ll figure it out one day, but for real it makes me worry about my mind, lol.
                      Weird! Are the login credentials for each account still saved in your web browser? Maybe it's the browser flipping between accounts? Hmm...haunted web browser just in time for Halloween...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Haven't heard anything about FedCon, but then I'm not keeping up with SG news anymore.

SWEET! That's an awesome score!

Weird! Are the login credentials for each account still saved in your web browser? Maybe it's the browser flipping between accounts? Hmm...haunted web browser just in time for Halloween...
                        It’s really weird. I just login from mobile usually and enter login from memory so I’m guessing it’s user error, lol, but how many combinations of this user name can I really have? Heheh. My brain needs help. I need to check out my password file I suppose.

Comment

I hate it when they ignore the patient like that. If your hip is okay according to this doctor, when why so much pain? I swear that doctors don't listen to female patients, especially when it comes to pain. They think we're hysterical or something. I've had many kidney stones. I know what pain feels like. If I'm saying my back hurts, then it hurts! I don't care what your stupid tests say. Grrrrrr!!
                          To be fair, the doc didn't ignore my pain. I have arthritis for which he gave me pills that I try to avoid taking so there's not much more that can be done. Getting old is not for sissies.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It is almost Halloween. I'm visiting a corn maze today.
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

It’s really weird. I just login from mobile usually and enter login from memory so I’m guessing it’s user error, lol, but how many combinations of this user name can I really have? Heheh. My brain needs help. I need to check out my password file I suppose.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              To be fair, the doc didn't ignore my pain. I have arthritis for which he gave me pills that I try to avoid taking so there's not much more that can be done. Getting old is not for sissies.
                              Not taking the pills? Let me guess, annoying side effects? Yeah, I've blown off (optional) meds for that reason too.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                              It is almost Halloween. I'm visiting a corn maze today.
                              Oooh, have fun! I'd definitely like to check out a good corn maze one day, though I don't think I'd want to visit at night...

Comment

Happy halloween!

It's the 31st here. I can say it.
                                Also loosing an hour tonight as we're switching clocks.

And hey look... my sigpic is back! Now, I probably shouldn't change it but it needs an update.

Comment

Working...
                                X