No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was watching the Return part 2 and watching John and Rodney bicker when they reached the underwater jumper bay I was cracking up, realizing Elizabeth had to be thinking- and I send you out together on critical missions? Lol. I know she sees them bicker on Atlantis, but in her shoes I’d be imagining they stepped up a bit in the field. Totally delusional I get, and I’m sure Elizabeth knew better, but i got a chuckle imaging it all the same.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
      When I was watching the Return part 2 and watching John and Rodney bicker when they reached the underwater jumper bay I was cracking up, realizing Elizabeth had to be thinking- and I send you out together on critical missions? Lol. I know she sees them bicker on Atlantis, but in her shoes I’d be imagining they stepped up a bit in the field. Totally delusional I get, and I’m sure Elizabeth knew better, but i got a chuckle imaging it all the same.
      I could totally see her doing a Hermione eye-roll and thinking "boys!".

And...on to this week's College Football Roundup! Another mixed bag as USC had a bye, Virginia Tech lost to Pittsburgh 28-7, Tennessee fell to Ole Miss 31-26, Air Force beat Boise State 24-17, and Navy lost to Memphis 35-17. On to next week!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        YAY 4 JT-2's clean bill of health!

We're building (finally) our garden shed this weekend so I worry a little about the fall-out on the muscles and perhaps some digits might end up between the nail and the hammer... ...I just never know.
        Thank you!!

I hope your body held up okay and that the shed came together as well!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
        I'm sure she gets a little exasperated at times, but at heart they are HER boys.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
        And...on to this week's College Football Roundup! Another mixed bag as USC had a bye, Virginia Tech lost to Pittsburgh 28-7, Tennessee fell to Ole Miss 31-26, Air Force beat Boise State 24-17, and Navy lost to Memphis 35-17. On to next week!
        And Rhode Island had their first loss of the season. Booooo.

Comment

Wow, Air Force is on a role!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I hope your body held up okay and that the shed came together as well!
          My sister will refrain from bending for the foreseeable future. Sitting down in an office chair might even be reaching already.

So far I noticed my wrist is unable to carry my wait, too much twisting with the screwdriver I guess.
          And I bumped my head against one of the shelves in the garage.

The shed is standing, except at the moment it does not have a roof or doors, but everything else is up. The floor, the sidewalls and the beams supporting the roof... so we made good timing.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Watched Echoes, inspired to add it to the queue after the talk last week, and it’s a great Elizabeth boy’s (JT2 that comment so true) shenanigans episode. I mean, aren’t they all, but…Elizabeth and Carson looked like parents when they caught John and Rodney borderline sneaking out of the infirmary.We’re feeling a lot better, lol.

Wow, Air Force is on a role!

My sister will refrain from bending for the foreseeable future. Sitting down in an office chair might even be reaching already.

So far I noticed my wrist is unable to carry my wait, too much twisting with the screwdriver I guess.

The shed is standing, except at the moment it does not have a roof or doors, but everything else is up. The floor, the sidewalls and the beams supporting the roof... so we made good timing.

Yikes, I hope the aches and pains alleviate soon. What a great project though. I hope to see some pictures at some point.

Comment

Yikes, I hope the aches and pains alleviate soon. What a great project though. I hope to see some pictures at some point.
              Mine are minimal. No idea how my sister is faring. She's at the office which at the moment is a good thing cause I'm having long conversations with myself at the moment.
              I'm trying to solve a math / programming problem and I'm this [ ] close to confusing myself.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

And Rhode Island had their first loss of the season. Booooo.
                Crap, I thought I'd forgotten something. Sorry about that. Yeah, not a great week. Hopefully this week will be better for everyone's teams.

FH, ouch! Glad to hear the shed's up, but don't wreck yourself doing it! *sends virtual heat pads for sore muscles*
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm sorry you're both so sore. I hope you can get over it soon. But congrats on getting most of the shed standing!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
                  Watched Echoes, inspired to add it to the queue after the talk last week, and it’s a great Elizabeth boy’s (JT2 that comment so true) shenanigans episode. I mean, aren’t they all, but…Elizabeth and Carson looked like parents when they caught John and Rodney borderline sneaking out of the infirmary. We’re feeling a lot better, lol.
                  Echoes is in my top 5 episodes! "No more emails!" And yes, Elizabeth and Carson were the exasperated parents there.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                  I'm trying to solve a math / programming problem and I'm this [ ] close to confusing myself.
                  Oh dear! I hope you figured it out without confusing yourself!

Crap, I thought I'd forgotten something. Sorry about that. Yeah, not a great week. Hopefully this week will be better for everyone's teams.
                  No worries!! The Patriots lost to the stinking Cowboys in overtime, but the Raiders beat the Broncos, so it wasn't a totally lost week for me.

Comment

JT2: top 5 epps- that sounds familiar. Did you post them a few weeks back?

I’m finding such relief in watching a few when I can. I’m tired and my house is a wreck. My kiddos entire bedroom contents (and oh my, that child is a hoarder in the making) are in my living room as we just finished her floor. My bedroom is next and the last part of flooring install is the laundry/pantry. Then…it will be over. Except the whole restoring my house to order, lol. I need more chamomile tea

I am going to San Diego in a few days for work so I’ll get a bit of reprieve and should have a whole day to myself to putter around and sightsee.

Mine are minimal. No idea how my sister is faring. She's at the office which at the moment is a good thing cause I'm having long conversations with myself at the moment.
                    Hope you worked through it! I’ve made confusing myself an art form. Especially at work. Soooo many numbers.

Comment

Hope you worked through it! I’ve made confusing myself an art form. Especially at work. Soooo many numbers.
                      My dialogue ended on a stalemate... we're not sure.

Haven't had the time to test my theories yet, as I had to work on something else today.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

No worries!! The Patriots lost to the stinking Cowboys in overtime, but the Raiders beat the Broncos, so it wasn't a totally lost week for me.
                        Heh! Isn't it great how that all works out?

Comment

Speaking of Echoes, I decided to watch it today (I took off work early for a medical test, but then the test only took 10 minutes so now I've got tons of time ).

"Canadian football league is a joke."
                          "Celine Dion is overrated."
                          "Zelenka is smarter than you are!"
                          "Okay, Meredith."

JT2: top 5 epps- that sounds familiar. Did you post them a few weeks back?
                          Hmmm, I know I did on Tumblr but I don't know if I posted them here. But honestly, the "top 5" is a list that changes frequently.

For today, I'd say
                          1. Tao of Rodney
                          2. The Storm/The Eye
                          3. Conversion
                          4. Echoes
                          5. Before I Sleep

But then I have so many honorable mentions that could get rotated in and out depending on my mood.

I’m finding such relief in watching a few when I can. I’m tired and my house is a wreck. My kiddos entire bedroom contents (and oh my, that child is a hoarder in the making) are in my living room as we just finished her floor. My bedroom is next and the last part of flooring install is the laundry/pantry. Then…it will be over. Except the whole restoring my house to order, lol. I need more chamomile tea

I am going to San Diego in a few days for work so I’ll get a bit of reprieve and should have a whole day to myself to putter around and sightsee.
                          Goodness, you're making me tired just reading that!! I'm sure it will be well worth it once it's all completed.

San Diego is a beautiful area!! I went there maybe 10 years ago. The best part was our drive along the beach going up the coast. So gorgeous.

Heh! Isn't it great how that all works out?
                          I wonder if the Raiders team was just like - screw all this controversy, we're gonna kick butt just to spite everyone.

Comment

Now I'm watching Tao of Rodney before heading out for dinner.

I so want almost Ascended Rodney to heal my low back problems.

Comment

Came home to a blocked-off street.
                              Police wouldn't let me pass until I told them my house number. Pointing at my house behind her wasn't enough proof apparently. Go figure!

Tragic accident a 100 meters or so down the road was the cause of the blockade -- I'll spare you the details, which I don't know either but I do know what happened and it shook us quite good.

Decided to watch the new Signed, Sealed, Delivered film The Vows We Have Made. Now there's some feel-good Hallmark goodness.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Speaking of Echoes, I decided to watch it today (I took off work early for a medical test, but then the test only took 10 minutes so now I've got tons of time ).

"Canadian football league is a joke."
                                "Celine Dion is overrated."
                                "Zelenka is smarter than you are!"
                                "Okay, Meredith."
                                *cackles* That bit never fails to make me laugh!

San Diego is a beautiful area!! I went there maybe 10 years ago. The best part was our drive along the beach going up the coast. So gorgeous.
                                I used to take the train to Comic-Con San Diego when I lived in SoCal. It is totally gorgeous. Zandras.ashes, hope you have a great trip!

I wonder if the Raiders team was just like - screw all this controversy, we're gonna kick butt just to spite everyone.
                                That's the Raiders, all right!

Came home to a blocked-off street.
                                Police wouldn't let me pass until I told them my house number. Pointing at my house behind her wasn't enough proof apparently. Go figure!

Tragic accident a 100 meters or so down the road was the cause of the blockade -- I'll spare you the details, which I don't know either but I do know what happened and it shook us quite good.

Decided to watch the new Signed, Sealed, Delivered film The Vows We Have Made. Now there's some feel-good Hallmark goodness.
                                Eeep. *hugs you* Glad you're okay; that's not a good thing to come home to.

Comment

Working...
                                X