Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Saw this on Tumblr. Thought it was ... interesting.

Here is full link...

https://sheppard-and-weir.tumblr.com...g-moonlighting

Here is relevant text...

Joe Flanigan using Moonlighting (remember this quote) as an example of John and Elizabeth’s relationship on the show and saying yes, there was romantic tension between them on screen gives me life. Thank you new Stargate fan at the Chicago Con for asking him about John and Elizabeth. I don’t know if the person who reported this wants to be mentioned or not, please let me know, but thank you too!

nhawk-1
    “Well let me just tell you. There’s an interesting dynamic that a lot of people don’t understand. The consummation of a relationship on a show is a very different thing than the tension of a potential consummation of a relationship. [-] It’s the tension of unrequited relationships…there’s tension and the tension is it wants to happen but it’s not happening. That’s really what you need to establish. So it’s less about having the relationship, it’s more about setting up the circumstances where the audience says ‘I want it to happen’.”

Joe then goes on to say how he was under the impression that they were setting up a relationship between him and Weir but he felt that the dynamics of the show got in the way because it became more like two separate shows in one with Weir at HQ/Atlantis and Sheppard in the field and therefore he and Torri weren’t getting to work together very much.

~Joe Flanigan (Oct 2020), “Who do you wish Sheppard hooked up with?”

sheppard-and-weir
    Joe Flanigan: "I was under the impr- it was, i think, originally meant to be me and Weir."

David Read (Interviewer "It sure felt like that, yeah."

Swoon. Reading that is warming just like a hot toddy by the fire. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

TPTW cockblocking Sparky, having them being in 2 separate places -- typical!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      ...Atlantis Cup standings, Air Force beat New Mexico 38-10, and Navy beat UCF 34-30. On to next week!
      Yay!!!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
        Swoon. Reading that is warming just like a hot toddy by the fire. Thanks for sharing!
        Mmmm, hot toddy...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Typical is right!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Ooooh, I saw that too. Interesting, indeed! So, "dynamics of the show", hmm? *snorts* Yeah, drag 'em, Joe! And he still thinks it was supposed to be Sheppard and Weir. Canon, baby. Everyone knows it.
          In Joe We Trust!!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
          Ooh that sounds lovely, although I'll have a hot chocolate instead.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
          They never seemed to realize that we are stubborn creatures who will do what we want!

Comment

In Joe We Trust!!

Ooh that sounds lovely, although I'll have a hot chocolate instead.

They never seemed to realize that we are stubborn creatures who will do what we want!
            lol, I’d probably have hot chocolate or tea too, I’ve accumulated a ridiculous assortment of tea, but on a really cold and wet/snowy day I sometimes welcome the warmth from a tiny nip of whiskey. Also discovered the same nip of whiskey was an antidote for the nerves when I took a tumble hiking last weekend on a lovely but crazy rocky and slippery trail. I was fine, barely a bruise, but it scared me pretty good and I was a little shaky the rest of the hike. I’ve had a tiny whiskey bottle in my car since my last backpacking trip and I was glad to see it when I opened the hatch to stow my gear. I handed the keys to my friend and opened the bottle.

And grrr. TPTB suck.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

In Joe We Trust!!
              In-VERY-deed!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

*bounces around*

HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW LEGO CREATOR EXPERT SET!!!! IT'S THE TITANIC!!

Anywho... how's your day going?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    *bounces around*

HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW LEGO CREATOR EXPERT SET!!!! IT'S THE TITANIC!!

Anywho... how's your day going?
                    Oooh, nifty! I may have to take a look at that one. I remember the old Lego Technic sets and they were always pretty darn cool.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams1

Comment

Rhode Island won again! They are 5-0.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was another mixed bag this week, as Virginia Tech lost to Notre Dame 32-29, USC lost to Utah 42-26, Tennessee beat South Carolina 45-20, Rhode Island beat Delaware 22-15, and in the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Wyoming 24-14, and Navy lost to SMU 31-24. On to next week!

Rhode Island won again! They are 5-0.
                          Awesome! That's a great start to the season!

Comment

Oh, Air Force is on a good run.

Comment

I think TN plays better when I’m not watching. This weekend I played tourist in my old hometown for a reunion of friends, most from out of state. I really feel like they should hand out a sticker for surviving a honky tonk laden weekend. Oh, and also for not buying souvenir boots.

Comment

I think TN plays better when I’m not watching.
                                Well, the Raiders have lost their last 2 games - one I watched and one I didn't. The Patriots won though, so that's something.

This weekend I played tourist in my old hometown for a reunion of friends, most from out of state. I really feel like they should hand out a sticker for surviving a honky tonk laden weekend. Oh, and also for not buying souvenir boots.

I almost bought boots when I went to Old Town in San Diego. I would have never worn them again, so I'm glad I resisted.

Comment

Working...
                                X