X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I'M BAAAAACK!!!

*does happy dance*
    I'm picturing your happy dance and laughing!

happy dance.gif

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

I'm picturing your happy dance and laughing!

happy dance.gif
      That would be the appropriate response.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

10aIKqe.gif
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

uefBXEc.gif
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

So I saw that SGA is going off of Hulu. That truly sucks. I've been using Hulu to have my SGA binges. Yes, I have the DVDs but streaming is just easier. Sigh.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup: Virginia Tech fell to West Virginia 27-21, USC beat Washington State 45-14, Tennessee beat Tennessee Tech 56-0, Rhode Island beat Brown 45-24, and in the Atlantis Cup standings, Air Force lost to Utah State 49-45, and Navy had a bye this week. On to next week!

So I saw that SGA is going off of Hulu. That truly sucks. I've been using Hulu to have my SGA binges. Yes, I have the DVDs but streaming is just easier. Sigh.
              Too true.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Stargate can only be watched again on DVD over here so I am not familiar with the feelings of loosing it on streaming services.

I've started streaming Star Trek The Next Generation. I've watched episodes here and there on the BBC channel a long time ago. I actually learned English watching them since there were no subtitles on the English channel. Data was my favorite then and he's still my favorite. I can so relate to his character.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup: Virginia Tech fell to West Virginia 27-21, USC beat Washington State 45-14, Tennessee beat Tennessee Tech 56-0, Rhode Island beat Brown 45-24, and in the Atlantis Cup standings, Air Force lost to Utah State 49-45, and Navy had a bye this week. On to next week!
                  Rhode Island has had it easy with its opponents. Kinda like how my local Patriots won against the Jets today. Good that they won, yes, but then the Jets suck. (No offense to any Jets fan who may read this) The Raiders won too, so it was a good week for me!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                  Stargate can only be watched again on DVD over here so I am not familiar with the feelings of loosing it on streaming services.

I've started streaming Star Trek The Next Generation. I've watched episodes here and there on the BBC channel a long time ago. I actually learned English watching them since there were no subtitles on the English channel. Data was my favorite then and he's still my favorite. I can so relate to his character.

You're hilarious!! I had a huge crush on Wil Wheaton as a teen watching The Next Generation. And I so clearly remember watching the Borg cliffhanger with my family and all of us freaking out. That was a great episode.

I read that some of the Star Trek series are leaving Netflix soon too (TOS, Voyager, and Enterprise are leaving - the rest are staying). I love Voyager and watch it every now and then. (Janeway x Chakotay all the way - I do love my female boss/male second in command dynamic). Why must they do this to me? You pay for all these streaming channels and then they take away the content you want.

Comment

You're hilarious!! I had a huge crush on Wil Wheaton as a teen watching The Next Generation.
                    Teeny-weeny Wil Wheaton is adorable.

I read that some of the Star Trek series are leaving Netflix soon too (TOS, Voyager, and Enterprise are leaving - the rest are staying).
                    Ah well... so be it... I'll find them... errm... some other way then.

I love Voyager and watch it every now and then. (Janeway x Chakotay all the way - I do love my female boss/male second in command dynamic).
                    I think Voyager is the only Trek series I watched when it was airing and I saw every episode.

I freely admit that I'm a huge Seven of Nine fan.
                    So obviously I was so HAPPY that she would be appearing in Star Trek Picard and I'm so glad to see her back in season 2 (-- the trailer is promising some LOL-worthy moments between Seven and Rafi).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Rhode Island has had it easy with its opponents. Kinda like how my local Patriots won against the Jets today. Good that they won, yes, but then the Jets suck. (No offense to any Jets fan who may read this) The Raiders won too, so it was a good week for me!

I read that some of the Star Trek series are leaving Netflix soon too (TOS, Voyager, and Enterprise are leaving - the rest are staying). I love Voyager and watch it every now and then. (Janeway x Chakotay all the way - I do love my female boss/male second in command dynamic). Why must they do this to me? You pay for all these streaming channels and then they take away the content you want.
                      Contracts. It's always for a limited time. I'm guessing all of the Star Trek series will eventually end up on Paramount+, much like how all the Disney-owned stuff is gradually making its way to Disney+.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I freely admit that I'm a huge Seven of Nine fan.
                        So obviously I was so HAPPY that she would be appearing in Star Trek Picard and I'm so glad to see her back in season 2 (-- the trailer is promising some LOL-worthy moments between Seven and Rafi).
                        Ooooh, I'm going to cause trouble. I thought Seven of Nine was like SGA's McKay - a good character but WAY too overused. (Don't hit me)

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                        Contracts. It's always for a limited time. I'm guessing all of the Star Trek series will eventually end up on Paramount+, much like how all the Disney-owned stuff is gradually making its way to Disney+.
                        Grrrrr. I already have Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, and Disney+. I wanted to watch Ted Lasso but didn't want to pay for Apple+. Similarly, I have no desire to pay for Paramount+ either. It's just too much, in addition to cable. It's the principle of the matter. *stomps foot*

Comment

Ooooh, I'm going to cause trouble. I thought Seven of Nine was like SGA's McKay - a good character but WAY too overused. (Don't hit me)
                          I'm sorry but McKay would never have fit that outfit -- not the Voyager one (which I never liked anyway) or the one from Picard.

Grrrrr. I already have Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, and Disney+. I wanted to watch Ted Lasso but didn't want to pay for Apple+. Similarly, I have no desire to pay for Paramount+ either. It's just too much, in addition to cable. It's the principle of the matter. *stomps foot*
                          Netflix and that's it.... anything else I acquire through "other" means.

The whole streaming business will collapse when it continues to splinter.

Edit: Unlike in the USA Star Trek is not leaving Netflix NL. I looked it up cause I wanted to know how much time I had left watching Star Trek The Next Generation. Paramount+ doesn't want to loose too much money apparently so Netflix can retain the broadcasting rights for a little while longer worldwide, where P+ isn't (yet) available.
                          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 20 September 2021, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yeah, the only thing we're paying extra for (in addition to having Dish) right now is Disney+ (I got a 3-year deal back when D+ started). When Dish dumped HBO during their little contract dispute, we got HBO Max, but ended that when Dish finally caved and put HBO back on a month ago (and now we're getting HBO Max as part of the Dish subscription too, so we're still gonna get all the Max exclusives--yay, Dune!).

I'm sorry but McKay would never have fit that outfit -- not the Voyager one (which I never liked anyway) or the one from Picard.

Netflix and that's it.... anything else I acquire through "other" means.

The whole streaming business will collapse when it continues to splinter.

Edit: Unlike in the USA Star Trek is not leaving Netflix NL. I looked it up cause I wanted to know how much time I had left watching Star Trek The Next Generation. Paramount+ doesn't want to loose too much money apparently so Netflix can retain the broadcasting rights for a little while longer worldwide, where P+ isn't (yet) available.
                            The thing is, there's long been a push by consumers for an a la carte-type option to get only the channels/content they want, rather than paying for a bundle of channels they don't want just to get the one or two they do want, like what happens now on cable/satellite. Individual streaming services seems to be the content creators' answer to that desire. Again, a lot of this is probably due to contracts with cable/satellite providers for carrying the traditional-style channels. The cable/satellite companies just don't want to offer a la carte channels; streaming may finally shake that up, but I think it's going to move slower than a glacier for a while to come.

Comment

OMG Bring out the brain bleach for that mental image!!

Frankly, her Voyager outfit was another reason I had issues with her. I can't stand it when sci-fi dresses females solely for the male gaze (I know you like it too, FH, but let's be real - you are not what they are thinking about when they create these costumes - they're thinking of the young males they THINK is their core audience ). It's an issue I had with Teyla's wardrobe at times as well. *shrugs*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                              The thing is, there's long been a push by consumers for an a la carte-type option to get only the channels/content they want, rather than paying for a bundle of channels they don't want just to get the one or two they do want, like what happens now on cable/satellite. Individual streaming services seems to be the content creators' answer to that desire. Again, a lot of this is probably due to contracts with cable/satellite providers for carrying the traditional-style channels. The cable/satellite companies just don't want to offer a la carte channels; streaming may finally shake that up, but I think it's going to move slower than a glacier for a while to come.
                              Yeah, I don't see things improving any time soon. It seems like there's more streaming channels all the time. Maybe if the streaming options were cheaper I wouldn't mind as much? But it gets to be expensive to subscribe to everything you want. I mean, I'd really like to watch some stuff I don't have access to but I just can't subscribe to them all. I might do a free preview of Apple+ just to watch Ted Lasso, but I'll binge it and end the subscription before the free look ends.

Comment

Working...
                              X