No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww, I'm sorry!! I hope you didn't damage yourself too badly.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yeeouch! FH, I hope your arm is okay. Hopefully it's just a stinger that lasts a couple of days and goes away, like the neck tweak I did to myself a few days ago while stretching. *sends virtual ice packs* Ugh, getting old sucks.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Yeeouch! FH, I hope your arm is okay. Hopefully it's just a stinger that lasts a couple of days and goes away, like the neck tweak I did to myself a few days ago while stretching. *sends virtual ice packs* Ugh, getting old sucks.
        I think I hit the nerve somewhere in between all that bone. Definitely hurt it enough that my wrist hurts, and my pinky feels funny like I pinched a nerve.

Considering my flexibility it should be fine in a couple of days, but I cursed my clumsiness nevertheless.

My new CD-player/radio combo just arrived and that makes everything better right now.

The funny thing though, my sister and I have been joking about our age. Every time we get up something is bound to pop and with all our recent furniture assembly works, it has been popping more of late, so we decided that we must be 1000s of years old by now. Varying parts of our body different ages, my left hip is older than my right, and my right knee is older than my left, but only by about a 100 years or so.

Sidenote: I'm 40 and my sister will be 38 in november.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Couldn't be a late reaction to the Corona Virus jabs you had?

Whatever it is, you take things easy, try to rest it, and do not work too hard.
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I think I hit the nerve somewhere in between all that bone. Definitely hurt it enough that my wrist hurts, and my pinky feels funny like I pinched a nerve.

Considering my flexibility it should be fine in a couple of days, but I cursed my clumsiness nevertheless.

My new CD-player/radio combo just arrived and that makes everything better right now.
            Oooh, funny bone time! Always feels weird.

But yay for new music player! ​​​​​​​

The funny thing though, my sister and I have been joking about our age. Every time we get up something is bound to pop and with all our recent furniture assembly works, it has been popping more of late, so we decided that we must be 1000s of years old by now. Varying parts of our body different ages, my left hip is older than my right, and my right knee is older than my left, but only by about a 100 years or so.

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm 6 years older than you with a spine that's about 10,000. It doesn't get better.

Heck, I just rubbed my neck the wrong way a few minutes ago, and it started to hurt. Getting old suuuuucks.

I'm going to watch some kick-@ss Torri in The Long Goodbye to ease my troubles.
              Last edited by JT-2; 25 August 2021, 01:23 PM. Reason: I missing words all over the freaking place

Comment

Watching The Long Goodbye.

Oh Ronon. I love you, but your logic is crap.

Comment

Oh how our bodies misbehave as we age. I joked about my Achilles tendinitis, but it got so bad the doc pulled the plug on everything, even yoga, for 3 weeks. After a lot of PT, I took my first 2 mile walk last night. My legs didn’t feel too bad today, so crossing my fingers. Still, it will be quite some time before I build back up to those 15plus milers again.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Watching The Long Goodbye.

Oh Ronon. I love you, but your logic is crap.
                  It’s been a while since I’ve watched this, now I’m intrigued as I don’t remember. Well, obvi remember that kiss *swoons*. Perhaps that episode makes the lineup tonight.

*update after watching* ahhh. Football. Yes?
                  Last edited by Zandras.ashes; 25 August 2021, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                    Oh how our bodies misbehave as we age. I joked about my Achilles tendinitis, but it got so bad the doc pulled the plug on everything, even yoga, for 3 weeks. After a lot of PT, I took my first 2 mile walk last night. My legs didn’t feel too bad today, so crossing my fingers. Still, it will be quite some time before I build back up to those 15plus milers again.
                    Ouch! That sounds painful. I'm glad you're able to walk a bit again!! Good luck on getting better.

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
                    It’s been a while since I’ve watched this, now I’m intrigued as I don’t remember. Well, obvi remember that kiss *swoons*. Perhaps that episode makes the lineup tonight.
                    Ronon asks "John" if he can prove he is John by asking what he'd watch on TV. "John" says football, but that the answer doesn't mean anything since he's in John's head. Then Ronon says "but only Sheppard would admit that, so...". It really makes no sense whatsoever. Big overgrown puppy failed Logic 101.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                      Whatever it is, you take things easy, try to rest it, and do not work too hard.
                      Errm... maybe that's too late already. Played with my best friend's kids today.

But I'll be sure to give my elbow the rest it probably needs in the coming days. I solemnly swear... (I really do).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Ouch! Take it easy and don't push too hard. *hugs*

Ronon asks "John" if he can prove he is John by asking what he'd watch on TV. "John" says football, but that the answer doesn't mean anything since he's in John's head. Then Ronon says "but only Sheppard would admit that, so...". It really makes no sense whatsoever. Big overgrown puppy failed Logic 101.
                        Ahhhh yes. Silly puppy, should've just shot John anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Ahhhh yes. Silly puppy, should've just shot John anyway.
                          Stunned him, anyway!

Comment

Stunned him, anyway!
                            Indeed. Whompie, but no killie. Protect the hopeless romantic hottie. I went on to watch the return 1&2, and I’m not sure how much managed that on a work night, but it was so nice to take in that much muscle-y goodness. (I especially like it when Ronon is pointing two guns )Webster’s folks be coming for me today. And quite possibly my high school English teach. Sorry for my liberties with grammar, but I’m in a oddly bubbly and goofy mood, and I can’t seem to help myself. It would be a good day to write some fun fanfic

Comment

Indeed. Whompie, but no killie. Protect the hopeless romantic hottie. I went on to watch the return 1&2, and I’m not sure how much managed that on a work night, but it was so nice to take in that much muscle-y goodness. (I especially like it when Ronon is pointing two guns )Webster’s folks be coming for me today. And quite possibly my high school English teach. Sorry for my liberties with grammar, but I’m in a oddly bubbly and goofy mood, and I can’t seem to help myself. It would be a good day to write some fun fanfic
                              You're very funny when you're oddly bubbly and goofy. As Elizabeth would say... "Cheeky!"

Return 1 & 2 are very good episodes. Lots of room for fanfic to fill in the gaps.

ETA: I'm watching those episodes right now. The amount of time Jack holds his breath is quite unbelievable. I mean, come on.
                              Last edited by JT-2; 26 August 2021, 08:53 PM.

Comment

ETA: I'm watching those episodes right now. The amount of time Jack holds his breath is quite unbelievable. I mean, come on.
                                Time it perhaps... like I did screentime and words once.

Comment

Working...
                                X