No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    263 isn't exactly a neighbor... That's about a 100 meters up the street. However, I walked there over lunch and they weren't home. It's a new house with toys in the garden so I suspect a couple with younger kids. I fear they're on holiday so that'll be a bust.

However, I have submitted a form to the postal service about the mix up BUT monday is a holiday here because of some special day tomorrow (don't know what -- *googles it* -- oh, a religious holiday apparently). I hope to get it fixed next week and otherwise I'll just have to try again.

This is an adventure that begs for a Saga chapter.
    Uh oh, that doesn't sound good. Hopefully it does get all sorted out. *hugs*

But yeah, it would make for a good Saga chapter, wouldn't it?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
      Nothing lazy about it. I cleaned out my old clothes at Dad's place (he made us) and gathered all the teddybears I want to keep. The ones I want to donate had to be gathered up and considering how attached I am to my teddybears (don't judge me) I had to make sure I was the one to go through them and not Dad.

Afterall, there are teddybears among them which are 40 years old as they have been with me since the day I was born.

We also had to go through Grandpa's workshop things -- what to keep and what to donate to Papi in Roumania (he's the father of my older sister from another mother -- not as complicated as it sounds).

Uh oh, that doesn't sound good. Hopefully it does get all sorted out. *hugs*
      It might just get sorted out. I noticed a second car parked in front of the house today and tried again. A teenager of about 16 or 17 opened the door. Told him my problem and he said it wouldn't be a problem to accept the package.

But yeah, it would make for a good Saga chapter, wouldn't it?
      It definitely would.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

FH It sounds like a full, busy day! I'm glad you got the package problem fixed.

My day at the pool was great. The water was warm since it's been so hot lately. It was great.

Comment

And I lost my sig once again. WTH?!?!?! And I can't get it back. Ugh, this is irritating.

ETA: I can see the sig again! And I didn't even do anything. Poltergeist in Gateworld!!
          Last edited by JT-2; 15 August 2021, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Okay, the whole package saga is definitely going to have its own chapter... Got a message it was delivered but the folks at 263 said they didn't find it in their mailbox. Told them it was okay, I would just see where it went.

Turns out our mailman put it in our mailbox. The number was circled saying it was wrong but the name and everything else was correct. Thing is, we have a nameplate (with a dragon image) on our mailbox. I guess that works wonders.

So I walked down the street for nothing, though the people from 263 were quite friendly.

...after all that excitement I installed my deceased uncle's stereo (he died when I was barely 6 years old so I don't quite remember him) cause it has a vinyl player. Inherited a lot of vinyls from my grandfather so I'm listening to Glenn Miller on vinyl and I couldn't be happier right now.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              And I lost my sig once again. WTH?!?!?! And I can't get it back. Ugh, this is irritating.

ETA: I can see the sig again! And I didn't even do anything. Poltergeist in Gateworld!!
              It just wouldn't be GateWorld without some sort of technical shenanigans going on...

And glad you had some good pool time!

Okay, the whole package saga is definitely going to have its own chapter... Got a message it was delivered but the folks at 263 said they didn't find it in their mailbox. Told them it was okay, I would just see where it went.

Turns out our mailman put it in our mailbox. The number was circled saying it was wrong but the name and everything else was correct. Thing is, we have a nameplate (with a dragon image) on our mailbox. I guess that works wonders.

So I walked down the street for nothing, though the people from 263 were quite friendly.

...after all that excitement I installed my deceased uncle's stereo (he died when I was barely 6 years old so I don't quite remember him) cause it has a vinyl player. Inherited a lot of vinyls from my grandfather so I'm listening to Glenn Miller on vinyl and I couldn't be happier right now.
              Hooray! Got the package, got the stereo set up, and listening to good tunes. All's well that ends well!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I guess you've made an impression with that nameplate!

Sweet!! My mom used to like Glenn Miller.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                It just wouldn't be GateWorld without some sort of technical shenanigans going on...
                Tis true!!
                Last edited by JT-2; 16 August 2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I guess you've made an impression with that nameplate!
                  Looks like our choice to add it paid of.

Also fun to see passersby do a double take when they see the plate.

Sweet!! My mom used to like Glenn Miller.
                  Inherited that taste from my grandfather, Glenn and Frank Sinatra both.

Comment

Inherited that taste from my grandfather, Glenn and Frank Sinatra both.
                    I was just listening to some Sinatra. Gotta love the classics.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

My aunt took evening class together once and we would sing his whole repertoire in her car to and from the evening classes.

Minor detail -- she's an alto so she can sing. I'm tonedeaf so not exactly the soprano in the family.

And before I sign off on my first workday after my vacation -- here's the next chapter in the saga. The one that I forgot to finish before my 2-week vacation and then was sitting idle on my work laptop.

Previous installments:

The Office Saga

Chapter XII

Spoiler:
                        Back on Earth Elizabeth had learned, like many others, that working with the windows open during summertime inevitably meant having to listen to neighbors mowing their lawns at all hours of the day. Or a hedge that suddenly needed shearing, or even repairs they'd been postponing for months, suddenly couldn't wait any longer. The sound of lawnmowers, drills, chainsaws and other loud work appliances still occasionally sent involuntary shivers down her back.

In Atlantis, however, there was no grass, no hedge and nothing that had need of a drill to make repairs. However, it should also be noted that her office didn't have windows looking out over the ocean, or anywhere else outside, unlike some other offices.

When Kate had offered Elizabeth the use of her office whenever she wasn't using it herself, Elizabeth had jumped at the invitation. The psychologist's office had windows looking out over the ocean and windows that could actually open to that ocean.

+++

Elizabeth had settled behind Kate's desk a little after lunch and for the first few hours she had enjoyed a quiet afternoon but then the buzzing had begun. The noise started and stopped at regular intervals, like someone turning a machine on and off. The sound was at a constant volume and annoyingly monotone. It didn't take long for it to get on her nerves. By the time she was ready to commit murder to make it stop, she stomped out of the office, calculated the approximate location of whomever was situated one floor up and headed straight for them.

If ever there was a time in which Elizabeth had wished she had been able to capture the utterly shocked look on a scientists' face, it had been the moment she had walked into Doctor Parish's lab and had slammed her fist down on the big red button which was unfortunately labeled 'DO NOT TOUCH!'.

The lights in the lab flickered once, twice, then out and back on. To Elizabeth's satisfaction all was quiet when they came back on.

"Doctor Weir?!", Parish stood in the middle of his lab, his mouth opening and closing without further sound coming out.

"I'm sorry, Doctor, but I had enough of it," Elizabeth waved at the growth chambers now quiet.

"My roses..."

Parish turned from his plants to Elizabeth.

"Doctor Heightmeyer never complains about the noise."

"She doesn't? I find that hard to believe."

"No, she doesn't."

+++

When Elizabeth later asked Kate about the noise, the psychologist said she had no idea what Elizabeth was talking about. Moments later, however, she caught Laura asking Kate about it and saw a smile appear while she informed the lieutenant that it was all sorted now. No more annoying buzz.

Comment

My aunt took evening class together once and we would sing his whole repertoire in her car to and from the evening classes.

Minor detail -- she's an alto so she can sing. I'm tonedeaf so not exactly the soprano in the family.
                          I'm so tone deaf that I refuse to even sing Happy Birthday, so I can empathize with that.

And before I sign off on my first workday after my vacation -- here's the next chapter in the saga. The one that I forgot to finish before my 2-week vacation and then was sitting idle on my work laptop.

Previous installments:

The Office Saga

Chapter XII

Spoiler:
                          Back on Earth Elizabeth had learned, like many others, that working with the windows open during summertime inevitably meant having to listen to neighbors mowing their lawns at all hours of the day. Or a hedge that suddenly needed shearing, or even repairs they'd been postponing for months, suddenly couldn't wait any longer. The sound of lawnmowers, drills, chainsaws and other loud work appliances still occasionally sent involuntary shivers down her back.

In Atlantis, however, there was no grass, no hedge and nothing that had need of a drill to make repairs. However, it should also be noted that her office didn't have windows looking out over the ocean, or anywhere else outside, unlike some other offices.

When Kate had offered Elizabeth the use of her office whenever she wasn't using it herself, Elizabeth had jumped at the invitation. The psychologist's office had windows looking out over the ocean and windows that could actually open to that ocean.

+++

Elizabeth had settled behind Kate's desk a little after lunch and for the first few hours she had enjoyed a quiet afternoon but then the buzzing had begun. The noise started and stopped at regular intervals, like someone turning a machine on and off. The sound was at a constant volume and annoyingly monotone. It didn't take long for it to get on her nerves. By the time she was ready to commit murder to make it stop, she stomped out of the office, calculated the approximate location of whomever was situated one floor up and headed straight for them.

If ever there was a time in which Elizabeth had wished she had been able to capture the utterly shocked look on a scientists' face, it had been the moment she had walked into Doctor Parish's lab and had slammed her fist down on the big red button which was unfortunately labeled 'DO NOT TOUCH!'.

The lights in the lab flickered once, twice, then out and back on. To Elizabeth's satisfaction all was quiet when they came back on.

"Doctor Weir?!", Parish stood in the middle of his lab, his mouth opening and closing without further sound coming out.

"I'm sorry, Doctor, but I had enough of it," Elizabeth waved at the growth chambers now quiet.

"My roses..."

"No, she doesn't."

+++

When Elizabeth later asked Kate about the noise, the psychologist said she had no idea what Elizabeth was talking about. Moments later, however, she caught Laura asking Kate about it and saw a smile appear while she informed the lieutenant that it was all sorted now. No more annoying buzz.

Bwahahahahaha!! Kate is an evil genius! That was great. It so reminds me of my days working at home. I want to strangle some of my neighbors. The other day one neighbor (the one next to my bedroom window) was doing his thing of revving the motor on his ATV (he is compensating for something with his big engines). The smell of the gasoline and engine smell permeated my bedroom and made me nauseated. I was ready to go over there and pull an Elizabeth in your story. But I don't have Elizabeth's authority so I'd probably just get yelled back at.
                          Last edited by JT-2; 17 August 2021, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Boo for leaky roofs (mine is due to awaited chimney repair), but yay for swimming, vinyl, and new stories. So thankful for the smiles here today!

Previous installments:

The Office Saga

Chapter XII

Spoiler:

+++

"My roses..."

"No, she doesn't."

+++

Love it! So mischievous. So glad you shared!

Comment

Bwahahahahaha!! Kate is an evil genius!
                              I have to admit that my sister would be the Elizabeth to my Kate in this sort of situation.

I want to strangle some of my neighbors.
                              My most recent one were the neighbors two doors down who felt the need to take down a hedge or whatever. The entire day... the ENTIRE day was spend making noise. Not a moment's peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                                Boo for leaky roofs (mine is due to awaited chimney repair), but yay for swimming, vinyl, and new stories. So thankful for the smiles here today!
                                Good luck on your chimney repair. I hope it's not too expensive.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                                My most recent one were the neighbors two doors down who felt the need to take down a hedge or whatever. The entire day... the ENTIRE day was spend making noise. Not a moment's peace.
                                Yeah that happens here sometimes too. Too many of my neighbors have power tools! And a family member recently asked why I keep the house I'm in (which is too big for me)... why don't I move to a condo? Why, so I can be even CLOSER to neighbors on all sides????? No thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X