Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

In theory, it should stop with the rain from Friday onwards and it should -- in theory -- be dry and sunny this weekend.

In theory... ...which in Belgium could really mean anything.
    Funny you should say that. The only reason I have a hat with "Belgium" written on it is because we got caught in a sudden downpour in Bruges. But it did give me a chance to duck into a chocolate shop. Heh.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Funny you should say that. The only reason I have a hat with "Belgium" written on it is because we got caught in a sudden downpour in Bruges. But it did give me a chance to duck into a chocolate shop. Heh.
      Heya, long time no see! How are you doing? *hugs*

And....mmm, chocolate...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

How convenient.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Does chocolate in Belgium taste different than in the US? I know that chocolate (can't remember the brand - Cadbury I think) from England tastes different because they use a different sugar than we do. A friend of mine came back with a huge bar of it for me when she went to England. It was yum.

Comment

National day of mourning on the 20th and diminished celebration schedule for the 21st the day after (our independence day).

The tally for Belgium sits at 20 dead and 20 still missing.

Got an email at work today from our CEO and apparently we have colleagues who lost everything or have suffered damage in the floods. My company has offices in all provinces of the country so we have French-speaking colleagues.
            So sorry to hear that. The photos and video from the region are terrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Does chocolate in Belgium taste different than in the US? I know that chocolate (can't remember the brand - Cadbury I think) from England tastes different because they use a different sugar than we do. A friend of mine came back with a huge bar of it for me when she went to England. It was yum.
              I can only compare between the UK, The Netherlands, France, Switzerland, Germany and Belgium, but yes... it tastes different. Depends on the recipe and the ingredients really.

Cote d'Or chocolate rules but I'm also a big fan of Cadbury's.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I can only compare between the UK, The Netherlands, France, Switzerland, Germany and Belgium, but yes... it tastes different. Depends on the recipe and the ingredients really.

Cote d'Or chocolate rules but I'm also a big fan of Cadbury's.
                I've been trying to reduce added sugars in my diet; it's just insane how many foods we have here in the US that are made with that high fructose corn syrup crap. So I'm not at all surprised that chocolate in the EU tastes different from what's available here. Hmm, gonna have to find me some Cadbury's.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I did a little digging around and found this...

But there is one significant difference between British and US chocolate among these other ingredients. The UK, like the rest of the EU, allows up to 5% non-cocoa vegetable fats to be blended with the crumb, along with cocoa butter. The US does not.

According to Beckman, this is the main difference between US-made and British-made Cadbury chocolate.
                  My biology teacher told us it was a different sugar base that caused it. He lied. Bastard.

And yes, SK, I'm supposed to be reducing my sugar as well for health reasons and it's insane how much is in everything. (Note the wording - "supposed to be" hehehehe)

Comment

Dark chocolate is healthy!

Mmm... 80% dark chocolate... or better yet... 97% dark chocolate.... one tiny piece and you're in chocolate walhalla!

Comment

Dark chocolate is healthy!

Mmm... 80% dark chocolate... or better yet... 97% dark chocolate.... one tiny piece and you're in chocolate walhalla!
                      I actually am not a big fan of dark chocolate. Probably because it is healthier.

Comment

I actually am not a big fan of dark chocolate. Probably because it is healthier.
                        My sister is lactose intolerant so there's a higher chance of finding dark chocolate in the house than the ligher variation... ALSO... and this is very important to know: white chocolate is not chocolate. That's like decaf coffee, a blasphemy.

Comment

I just had my second night of under 2 hours sleep in a row. It's going to be so much fun working today.

My sister is lactose intolerant so there's a higher chance of finding dark chocolate in the house than the ligher variation... ALSO... and this is very important to know: white chocolate is not chocolate. That's like decaf coffee, a blasphemy.
                          On that last part, we certainly agree!! White "chocolate" is some nasty stuff.

Comment

I just had my second night of under 2 hours sleep in a row. It's going to be so much fun working today.
                            I slept wrong and now it feels like my shoulder is dislocated or some such...

Is this what growing old feels like?!?

Comment

I slept wrong and now it feels like my shoulder is dislocated or some such...

Is this what growing old feels like?!?
                              Yes, yes it is.

That and waving your cane yelling at the kids to get off your lawn.

Comment

That and waving your cane yelling at the kids to get off your lawn.
                                No kids in my neighborhood that qualify yet... but the neighbor's cat, Dina, is regularly yelled at to stop digging out our plants. Does that count?

Comment

Working...
                                X