No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A day late, but yay- the site is back up!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Pretty much. Coming from Southern California, we had the foresight to build the house with air conditioning, so we're okay. But yeah, the Northwest is MELTING. I've been watching the US Olympic track & field trials all week; they're down at the University of Oregon in Eugene, and OMG it's blazing down there!
    Glad to hear you have AC. Those weather reports are frightening.

Comment

And that's another 5 years gone from my life... but the Devils did it. We sent Penaldo home and move on to the quarter finals. Next up is Italy.

Our score = 1-0.

The Czech Republic won from The Netherlands with 2-0.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        And that's another 5 years gone from my life... but the Devils did it. We sent Penaldo home and move on to the quarter finals. Next up is Italy.

Our score = 1-0.
        CONGRATS!! That's awesome!

Comment

I'm looping Teh HugTM.

John is so adorkable.

Oh, and I made this comment on Tumblr but want to make it here too. Kolya got it all wrong when he thought Elizabeth would cave in watching John be fed upon in Common Ground. John is clearly the one who would give in. In The Storm, he's willing to give Kolya a ship the minute Kolya threatens Elizabeth.
          Last edited by JT-2; 27 June 2021, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Oh, and I made this comment on Tumblr but want to make it here too. Kolya got it all wrong when he thought Elizabeth would cave in watching John be fed upon in Common Ground. John is clearly the one who would give in. In The Storm, he's willing to give Kolya a ship the minute Kolya threatens Elizabeth.
            Kate would have a fieldday psycho-analyzing that.

Luckily there's doctor-patient confidentiality.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I'm so glad you have air conditioning!! Well, so long as the power holds out.

I hope no one gets sick at the trials.

We have a heat wave coming but it's going to be in the 90s (32 C). Better than the Northwest with their over 100s (38 C)!!
              Funny you should mention the power going out…we did have a power outage on Saturday night. Only for an hour, and the house stayed pretty cool inside (good insulation!).

At the trials, they actually had to suspend competition for several hours on Sunday and resumed after dark once the temps fell back into the 90s.

Today’s supposed to be a really icky day again, then the temps start falling tomorrow. Can’t come soon enough.

I'm looping Teh HugTM.

John is so adorkable.

OMG can you just imagine their couples therapy sessions?

Oh and FH: Congrats on the win!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                OMG can you just imagine their couples therapy sessions?

To be a fly on that wall.

(I'm sure Rodney has a mechanical one lying around for such occasions.)

Comment

I'll reply to everyone a little later. I just have to say ... GO CROATIA!! They went from 1-3 to 3-3 in just a few minutes. Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

ETA: Spain just scored. Blaaaa.

ETA2: Spain just scored again. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu*** Well this sucks.

ETA3: Well it's over. Nice try, Croatia. Now I will go on to cheer Belgium on Friday.
                  Last edited by JT-2; 28 June 2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Like SK said, the couples therapy could be epic.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                    Funny you should mention the power going out…we did have a power outage on Saturday night. Only for an hour, and the house stayed pretty cool inside (good insulation!).

At the trials, they actually had to suspend competition for several hours on Sunday and resumed after dark once the temps fell back into the 90s.

Today’s supposed to be a really icky day again, then the temps start falling tomorrow. Can’t come soon enough.
                    I'm so glad you built the house well, so the insulation saved you.

It's supposed to be hot and disgusting until Thursday here. Ugh. My house air conditioning units have reached the limits of their powers, which tends to happen when we hit 90 and especially when there's humidity. I took a drive for half a hour, just to cool off a bit.

Comment

I'm sorry to our local French resident but SWITZERLAND KICKED FRANCE OUT OF EURO2020!!!

Croatia lost to Spain with 3 goals to 5, and Switzerland knocked France out of the competition with 5 penalty goals to 4, after a draw, 3-3, after 120 minutes of game play (90' normal game play + 30' of extra time).

Comment

I'm sorry to our local French resident but SWITZERLAND KICKED FRANCE OUT OF EURO2020!!!

Croatia lost to Spain with 3 goals to 5, and Switzerland knocked France out of the competition with 5 penalty goals to 4, after a draw, 3-3, after 120 minutes of game play (90' normal game play + 30' of extra time).
                        Well I'm glad France lost. (And I've now pissed off 3/4 of my ancestors. Too bad Austria is already out, because if I rooted against them then I'd have hit every single ancestor! ).

Comment

I'm looping Teh HugTM.

John is so adorkable.

Oof. So true. John needed more hugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post

Oof. So true. John needed more hugs.
                            I volunteer as tribute!

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Comment

Well I'm glad France lost. (And I've now pissed off 3/4 of my ancestors. Too bad Austria is already out, because if I rooted against them then I'd have hit every single ancestor! ).
                              They shall come back to haunt you!

I have no idea where my ancestry lies so I can't be faulted for rooting one way or another...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

To be a fly on that wall.

(I'm sure Rodney has a mechanical one lying around for such occasions.)
                                And charges for access to the video stream.

It's supposed to be hot and disgusting until Thursday here. Ugh. My house air conditioning units have reached the limits of their powers, which tends to happen when we hit 90 and especially when there's humidity. I took a drive for half a hour, just to cool off a bit.
                                I've done that too. It's glorious.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X