Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    After the second shot I slept for a day and a half. So be prepared.
    My second one's on a thursday as well -- I'm gonna put friday down as working-from-home then. Just in case.

We have to go back to the office from July 1st onwards -- a mandatory 2 days a week, so I'm thinking maybe thursday and friday (except the week of my 2nd shot).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Scary Kitty Yeah I'm enjoying Loki so far. Of course what is annoying is that people on Tumblr are spoiling me every week since I don't usually watch it until Friday. And they don't tag, so I can't blacklist them. Grrr

Originally posted by Morgania View Post

All six of her main novels. Emma and Persuasion first, as those are my favourites.
      Oooh, nice.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
      My second one's on a thursday as well -- I'm gonna put friday down as working-from-home then. Just in case.

We have to go back to the office from July 1st onwards -- a mandatory 2 days a week, so I'm thinking maybe thursday and friday (except the week of my 2nd shot).
      I think it's absolutely ridiculous that people are being forced to go into the office again after it's been proven that everyone can work from him if they need to.

Comment

Scary Kitty Yeah I'm enjoying Loki so far. Of course what is annoying is that people on Tumblr are spoiling me every week since I don't usually watch it until Friday. And they don't tag, so I can't blacklist them. Grrr

Oooh, nice.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that people are being forced to go into the office again after it's been proven that everyone can work from him if they need to.
        SR Jr. just got a new job that is totally work from home. His boss is several states away. He loves it.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

SR Jr. just got a new job that is totally work from home. His boss is several states away. He loves it.
          Good for him!! My job went totally work from home too. They realized they could save a bunch of money by not having to rent office space. I know people on my team are bummed by it, but I couldn't be happier!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I simply unfriend people who post without tagging. On anything. So much less clutter on my dashboard, LOL.

Totally ridiculous. Bosses just want to be control freaks.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I agree, but my company doesn't.

They want us to stay "connected" with our colleagues on a face-to-face level, so the only way to not having to go into the office is with a note from your doctor (and mine's on maternity leave, and I doubt I could get any of the others to do me the favor -- my doctor knows me and knows how I function -- my autistic self makes her laugh every time), or when you booked days off (obviously).

However, there's this thing that the office space is limited to 50% occupation so if lots of colleagues want to go back all the time (which is allowed), those who don't could just wait for all the seats to be taken and then go "Oh, you've reached 50% capacity... darn, that's shame." -- I can dream, right.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Totally ridiculous. Bosses just want to be control freaks.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                I agree, but my company doesn't.

They want us to stay "connected" with our colleagues on a face-to-face level, so the only way to not having to go into the office is with a note from your doctor (and mine's on maternity leave, and I doubt I could get any of the others to do me the favor -- my doctor knows me and knows how I function -- my autistic self makes her laugh every time), or when you booked days off (obviously).

However, there's this thing that the office space is limited to 50% occupation so if lots of colleagues want to go back all the time (which is allowed), those who don't could just wait for all the seats to be taken and then go "Oh, you've reached 50% capacity... darn, that's shame." -- I can dream, right.
                Nothing wrong with dreaming!!

Stay "connected"? Again, the pandemic has proven we can all stay connected while working from home. I call BS. On the other hand.... I've been at my job for almost a year now and I'm not really friends with anyone there. By the time I'd had my last job for a year I had a bunch of friends. Hmmm... I don't know if it's the virtual office or just that my old job was more my kind of people? *shrugs*

Comment

Stay "connected"? Again, the pandemic has proven we can all stay connected while working from home. I call BS. On the other hand.... I've been at my job for almost a year now and I'm not really friends with anyone there. By the time I'd had my last job for a year I had a bunch of friends. Hmmm... I don't know if it's the virtual office or just that my old job was more my kind of people? *shrugs*
                  There's just 3 Professional Process Supporters (that's the new name of our team come July 1st -- yes, comes with a small raise) and we're pretty connected, online and offline.

Heck, I went to Paris for a weekend 3 years ago with these 2 colleagues. We're definitely friends.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Nearly 10 am and it's roasty toasty out here already. Air conditioner is going to get a workout today!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    There's just 3 Professional Process Supporters (that's the new name of our team come July 1st -- yes, comes with a small raise) and we're pretty connected, online and offline.

Heck, I went to Paris for a weekend 3 years ago with these 2 colleagues. We're definitely friends.
                    Yay for the raise!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Our temps are down, back to autumn temps... tomorrow... I mean, today ... it's going to be a feeble 16° Celsius. It was closer to 30 over the weekend.

Comment

Thunderstorms here tonight, good for the forests and bad for my wallet as I’ve been browsing Amazon prime sales. I actually didn’t buy anything not on my list and I saved more than I thought on my big item- a inflatable stand up paddleboard! I bought inflatable kayaks last year and loved them but they are sit in and that’s not so comfy in high summer temps. It’s also easier to swim off the iSUP.

Comment

SUP'ing... all I remember from that one time at sea is my sister's constant yelling at me: "TUCK YOUR BOTTOM IN!!"

And me going on repeat to myself: "Balance! Balance! Balance! Please don't fall! Please don't fall! ARGH, THERE'S FISH DOWN THERE!! Please don't fall!"

Sidenote for clarification: I have an irrational fear of fish. I kid you not but I love kayaking at sea and watching the fish, even swim with them and stand watching them.

Sidenote: I'm always wearing a surf suit -- longsleeved or shortsleeved depending on the water temps -- and shoes (to keep the fish from nibbling my toes).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Paddleboards... I can't even swim...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Paddleboards... I can't even swim...
                              What do you mean you can't swim?

Wait, don't you live near water?

Comment

Paddle boarding.... *shivers* I can barely walk without falling over.

ps - go Croatia! Kick Scotland's butt! (and yet another set of ancestors curses me)

Comment

Working...
                                X