No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Radek and Carson will not be friends today... Czechia is kicking Scotland's butt at the moment. They are trailing 2 goals to zip. The 2nd goal made from the middle of the field even... 49.7 yards from the goal. A new record.

I expect meme's to follow cause the Scottish goalkeeper's flight to nowhere looks hilarious.
    D'oh! Oh dear...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It was a very warm wednesday... and it will be an even hotter thursday which will end with thunderstorms and our Red Devils winning their next game (hopefully).

Oh yeah, and it's also V-day -- vaccination day!!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I GOT JABBED!!!

Comment

Well I am back in reality after revisiting three lovely southern cites. It was weird though with the relaxed mask policies. Kind of felt like I’d traveled back to 2019. I miss my beach house “pet”, a turtle we named Henry who had a big personality and entertained us daily.

It was a very warm wednesday... and it will be an even hotter thursday which will end with thunderstorms and our Red Devils winning their next game (hopefully).

Oh yeah, and it's also V-day -- vaccination day!!
            Yay! Glad it’s finally time!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I GOT JABBED!!!

WHOO HOO!!!!!! YAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!! ***BIG HIGH FIVES***

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
              Well I am back in reality after revisiting three lovely southern cites. It was weird though with the relaxed mask policies. Kind of felt like I’d traveled back to 2019. I miss my beach house “pet”, a turtle we named Henry who had a big personality and entertained us daily.
              Squeee, turtle! Carson would be pleased.

Heh, we went on an expedition to the mainland yesterday to scout out nurseries for trees & plants we want to add to the landscaping. My face was certainly thankful I could go without the mask.

Comment

I GOT JABBED!!!

Congrats!! Did you feel okay afterwards?

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
                Welcome back to reality!! Yeah it's weird with the masks being gone. I went to a drug store recently and the cashier wasn't wearing one. I had to stifle my urge to hold my breath around them.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                Heh, we went on an expedition to the mainland yesterday to scout out nurseries for trees & plants we want to add to the landscaping. My face was certainly thankful I could go without the mask.
                Did you find nice stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Congrats!! Did you feel okay afterwards?
                  I developed a headache near the evening but it's a toss-up whether that was from the jab or from the heat, cause we're being hit with tropical weather at the moment and it's really too warm to sit idle behind a desk, staring at a computer screen all day.

Last night I felt the muscle in my arm go stiff, and this morning I woke unable to lift my left arm above shoulder-height. I couldn't sleep on it either (though a colleague of mine had already warned me about that). The more I use it, the better it goes though so I suspect the stiffness will be gone by the end of the day.

I'll be able to cheer on Scotland later tonight when they're playing England in EURO2020, without wincing every time I throw my hands up in the air.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Did you find nice stuff?
                    Yep! Lots of trees and ornamental grasses for the courtyard, one nursery had several giant hothouses with lots of different flowers, and oh squee, the ROSES! (though the deer would definitely eat them, LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      ...oh squee, the ROSES! (though the deer would definitely eat them, LOL)
                      They come by to smell the roses.... and then eat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yep! Lots of trees and ornamental grasses for the courtyard, one nursery had several giant hothouses with lots of different flowers, and oh squee, the ROSES! (though the deer would definitely eat them, LOL)
                        Fun! I love visiting nurseries though my wallet does not. Glad you found some things that will work. Love the idea of a courtyard, I bet it will look amazing.

Comment

I haven't seen Loki yet. Decided to watch Bridgerton first.

Started re-reading Jane Austen's novels. It is my summer reading.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I developed a headache near the evening but it's a toss-up whether that was from the jab or from the heat, cause we're being hit with tropical weather at the moment and it's really too warm to sit idle behind a desk, staring at a computer screen all day.

Last night I felt the muscle in my arm go stiff, and this morning I woke unable to lift my left arm above shoulder-height. I couldn't sleep on it either (though a colleague of mine had already warned me about that). The more I use it, the better it goes though so I suspect the stiffness will be gone by the end of the day.

I'll be able to cheer on Scotland later tonight when they're playing England in EURO2020, without wincing every time I throw my hands up in the air.
                            That's how I felt after my first shot. After the second shot I slept for a day and a half. So be prepared.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                            Naughty deer. I used to have a rose bush in my yard but I didn't take care of it and it died.

Originally posted by Morgania
                            I haven't seen Loki yet. Decided to watch Bridgerton first.

Started re-reading Jane Austen's novels. It is my summer reading
                            I've seen the first two episodes of Loki. I really like it so far.

Which novel are you reading now?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

They come by to smell the roses.... and then eat them.
                              That's for sure!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                              Fun! I love visiting nurseries though my wallet does not. Glad you found some things that will work. Love the idea of a courtyard, I bet it will look amazing.
                              Yeah, nurseries are pricey! But worth it if you can find exactly what you're looking for. Here's hoping the courtyard comes out gorgeous!

Naughty deer. I used to have a rose bush in my yard but I didn't take care of it and it died.
                              Whoops!

Oooh, I was wondering what you thought of Loki. Good to know you like it!

Comment

Which novel are you reading now?
                                All six of her main novels. Emma and Persuasion first, as those are my favourites.
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X