Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    One of my colleagues gives me an evil look when I compare it to the mummification process -- it does not amuse her.

It probably wouldn't me either if I had to have been tested, which apparently I have come close to without knowing it. That same colleague's son had a high-risk contact with a kid who tested positive afterwards. He tested positive too, but she didn't and neither did his brother or his dad. However, my brief contact with her was classified as a low-risk contact so no need for testing.
    Due to multiple hospital procedures over the last year, I've been tested like 5 times now. They make you get tested before a procedure in the hospital here.

Okay, my sig keeps disappearing. And this time I can't figure out how to get it back. Grrrrr!!
    ETA: Nevermind, I figured it out. It's a strange system.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Due to multiple hospital procedures over the last year, I've been tested like 5 times now. They make you get tested before a procedure in the hospital here.
      Same procedures here, and when you've had a high-risk contact (obviously).

I have not been tested and I have no intention to get into a situation where that would be necessary.
      I've been really lucky so far -- and hopefully I can make it through the summer too without one. Since apparently after June 9 social distancing is no longer necessary and cuddlebuddies will be a thing of the past -- kiss and hug whomever you like.

So remember that thing I said I once started writing, inspired by Echoes... yeah that... I may need someone to go over it who's a native speaker. It's about a page long (a couple of sentences dropped off onto a 2nd page because my spacing is off -- it's an old file).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Same procedures here, and when you've had a high-risk contact (obviously).

I have not been tested and I have no intention to get into a situation where that would be necessary.
        I've been really lucky so far -- and hopefully I can make it through the summer too without one. Since apparently after June 9 social distancing is no longer necessary and cuddlebuddies will be a thing of the past -- kiss and hug whomever you like.
        I hope you continue with your good luck!!

I am not a fan of kisses and hugs. I like my personal space. So I've been quite happy with that part of the pandemic. In fact, several people have mentioned that I was born for the pandemic - besides the no contact thing, I also enjoy staying home. I'm hoping that family functions stay contact-free like they have been. Maybe everyone got out of the habit of insisting on hugs and kisses? One can only hope.

So remember that thing I said I once started writing, inspired by Echoes... yeah that... I may need someone to go over it who's a native speaker. It's about a page long (a couple of sentences dropped off onto a 2nd page because my spacing is off -- it's an old file).
        I can try. I'm not as good as SR would be, though.
        Last edited by JT-2; 29 May 2021, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I wonder if cable/fios/Dish/whatever will eventually be forced to lower their prices due to people using streaming.
          I think they're going to have to if they want to stay competitive and hold onto a viable share of the market. Whether or not they do it in time to save their own butts, well...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I decided to try out BritBox. Currently watching Persuasion.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I can try. I'm not as good as SR would be, though.
              I think I send you a PM... and by think I mean I hope cause that whole system seems to have changed with the upgrade and now I don't know what happens when I hit send.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                I think they're going to have to if they want to stay competitive and hold onto a viable share of the market. Whether or not they do it in time to save their own butts, well...
                So true!

Originally posted by Morgania
                I decided to try out BritBox. Currently watching Persuasion.
                Ooh, my favorite Jane Austen. Which version are you watching??

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                I think I send you a PM... and by think I mean I hope cause that whole system seems to have changed with the upgrade and now I don't know what happens when I hit send.
                Got it!! I'll work on it a little later.

Comment

Watching Rising, and John saying "we don't leave our people in the hands of the enemy" to Elizabeth... which he then does to her a few seasons later.

Writing FAIL. Screw TPTW. Screw them for all eternity.

Comment

Watching Rising, and John saying "we don't leave our people in the hands of the enemy" to Elizabeth... which he then does to her a few seasons later.

...and far beyond eternity...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! And to those here in the US, a good Memorial Day to you all. Never forget.

...and far beyond eternity...
                      ...and no place to hide from our wrath, even unto the ends of the earth. A thousand curses upon them!

Definitely the unhappiest of canon.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks to the beta assist by our very own JT, I have that Echoes thing I mentioned earlier. Document properties told me the content was originally created in 2008... anywho...never too late to post, I guess...

Spoiler:
                        “Or maybe it's just the power of suggestion.”

Kate had quipped at Teyla and Elizabeth in the hallway, a hint of professional amusement in her tone.

But when reports came in that more and more people had seen apparitions in different parts of the city without having had any contact with Teyla or Elizabeth, her amusement had been replaced with confusion.

“Now you’re all seeing them?”

And oh, how she regretted she had made fun of them, even with, psychologically speaking, the power of suggestion being a proven theory. She had had her doubts about the validity of the reasons as to why the apparitions were appearing to certain people and not to others. However, the burned man in the hallway coming right at her, was all Kate had needed to believe that what was happening to Teyla, Elizabeth and the others was very real, very scary and very, very painful.

Her head had been throbbing for the last couple of hours now, and it seemed the painkillers Carson had given her earlier weren’t even making one bit of difference. She was feeling nauseous and the mere motion of walking, or more accurately, swaying left to right was making her feel more and more faint. If it wasn’t for the wall catching her every few steps, she would already have been sprawled on the floor in the middle of the hallway, doubling as a speedbump.

“Doc?”

Someone was calling her but she couldn’t be bothered to look around. Kate leaned against the wall, waiting for the other person to catch up with her instead. Through blurred vision she could just make out the features of Ronon stopping at her side. How was he even still standing?

Looking up had definitely not been the right idea with the state she was in and before her brain registered what was happening, her legs gave out underneath her. She felt herself falling into oblivion and could do nothing to stop it, not even if she wanted to.

“Good morning Doc!”

Kate dared to open one eye, testing the waters before allowing the other eye to join in the fun. Her headache was as good as gone, but she was still feeling a little queasy. There was someone else, other than Ronon, standing by her side.

“The power of suggestion hey…”

Elizabeth’s voice echoed a lot of her own amusement when she had said it first. Kate cringed, finding that there was not actually much about the situation that was amusing, not even in a psychological fascination kind of way.

“Teyla sends her regards and Carson wants you to get some more rest.”

Kate half nodded even though Elizabeth had already turned away. She noticed Ronon pulling up a chair and managed a confused frown.

“Teyla’s orders,” he explained before he sat down.

Kate managed a smile before she sank back into a blissful state of unconsciousness.

Comment

Ooh, my favorite Jane Austen. Which version are you watching??
                          I watched the 2007 version.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post

I watched the 2007 version.
                            That one's pretty good. My favorite, though, is the 1995 version. Ciaran Hinds... Yum.

Comment

Oh FH, and I should tell you in public too... I adore that fic! Kate having to live down her comment was priceless.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Squee! FH, that Echoes fic is adorable! Poor Kate, LOL! D

That one's pretty good. My favorite, though, is the 1995 version. Ciaran Hinds... Yum.
                                ^ THIS!

Comment

Working...
                                X