Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    And we all thought the Olympics was expensive...

Work was slow so I watched The Return 1 and 2 today. The Ancients are jerk faces. I agree with John when he later says in Tao of Rodney something like "we all know the Ancients were pretty screwed up".

Comment

I’m feeling very adulty today. Post divorce refi closed today and for the first time in my life, I have my very own mortgage. When I was young I never dreamed I’d be happy to see bills in my name, of course these are things my name should have always been on, but I guess all the companies I’ve had to do business with haven’t caught up with the times. A**hats.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I'm watching The Storm right now. Elizabeth's "so you want to build a windmill" still cracks me up.
      lol, I didn’t end up watching anything over the weekend, and it made me sad. Must remedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
        I’m feeling very adulty today. Post divorce refi closed today and for the first time in my life, I have my very own mortgage. When I was young I never dreamed I’d be happy to see bills in my name, of course these are things my name should have always been on, but I guess all the companies I’ve had to do business with haven’t caught up with the times. A**hats.

lol, I didn’t end up watching anything over the weekend, and it made me sad. Must remedy.
        Yes, you must remedy. Congrats on the mortgage!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Work was slow so I watched The Return 1 and 2 today. The Ancients are jerk faces. I agree with John when he later says in Tao of Rodney something like "we all know the Ancients were pretty screwed up".
          Yeah, the Ancients definitely left far more messes lying around than they ever cleaned up.

Congrats on the mortgage, Zandras.ashes! Ain't adulting fun?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yeah, the Ancients definitely left far more messes lying around than they ever cleaned up.

Congrats on the mortgage, Zandras.ashes! Ain't adulting fun?
            Lol, so fun. Happy to have that big to do item finally checked off the list!

Comment

When I recently bought my new car, there were so many papers I had to sign. I can't imagine how many forms you have to fill out for a mortgage!!

I have insomnia so I'm watching Echoes. One of my favorites!! You will never be able to convince me that Carl Binder wasn't purposefully writing Sparky. That carry was pure swoon-worthy (even if it's funny that Torri is holding onto Joe for dear life )

Comment

Echoes -- the power of suggestion...

I actually started writing a fic once, starting with that line, where Kate regrets speaking those words aloud.
                Maybe I should go back to it and finish it.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I actually started writing a fic once, starting with that line, where Kate regrets speaking those words aloud.
                  You definitely should!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post

No divorce here, but I'm so old that when I got married I was not able to just change my name on my credit card, but they insisted on giving me a new one under my husband's credit line. I'm still mad about that. And when my parents passed away and we went to get the house changed over to me and my brother, they put my husband's name at the top of the list. I'm also still mad about that. Women have sort of come a long way, but not in everything.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

So Amazon did buy MGM. I feel like there was some chatter about this being a way to launch another Stargate series. Maybe? It is a thought that makes me both happy and nervous. They'd better not break anything if they do, lol. Not really laughing tho.

When I recently bought my new car, there were so many papers I had to sign. I can't imagine how many forms you have to fill out for a mortgage!!

I have insomnia so I'm watching Echoes. One of my favorites!! You will never be able to convince me that Carl Binder wasn't purposefully writing Sparky. That carry was pure swoon-worthy (even if it's funny that Torri is holding onto Joe for dear life ​)
                      That always cracks me up too. Did something happen during rehearsal perhaps? That was quite the grip.

I'm always of fan of more fic- you should do it!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

No divorce here, but I'm so old that when I got married I was not able to just change my name on my credit card, but they insisted on giving me a new one under my husband's credit line. I'm still mad about that. And when my parents passed away and we went to get the house changed over to me and my brother, they put my husband's name at the top of the list. I'm also still mad about that. Women have sort of come a long way, but not in everything.
                      It makes me irrationally angry as I do understand I have great privilege over prior generations, but it seriously sucks to be a woman some days. (I actually just typed out a two paragraph rant to elaborate and deleted it. It was quite therapeutic . )

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Got my second COVID vax shot yesterday. And now I'm all achy and tired after a crappy night's sleep. Didn't get up to watch the lunar eclipse since it was cloudy and I wouldn't have seen anything anyway.

So Amazon bought MGM...this should get interesting...
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Got my second COVID vax shot yesterday. And now I'm all achy and tired after a crappy night's sleep. Didn't get up to watch the lunar eclipse since it was cloudy and I wouldn't have seen anything anyway.
                          Cloudy and rain -- that's us... has been since the beginning of autumn... I mean, spring... I mean... wait... what season is this? It's cold and it rains all the time. Could be an English summer or winter 2.0.

Anywho... I'll be #TeamPfizer after all but when that is but the question now that Johnson & Johnson too has been restricted to 41 and over.

So Amazon bought MGM...this should get interesting...
                          Everybody thinking there will be a new show soon may want to sit down and read the articles again. They haven't even figured out who's going to run that merger. Hell, there hasn't even been an official press briefing, and the shareholders still have to speak their mind.

The deal is made sure... a whoopin' 8.45 billion dollar. That's a lot of money -- less though than what MGM's net worth, which I find a little weird, but if that's the price they agreed upon, good for Amazon I guess.

I'm sorry... I can't excited over something like this, especially with the fragmenting of all the streaming services. It'll just end with even more content going behind bloody paywalls and I really, really, really hate geoblocking content.

Comment

I finished watching The Mandalorian. Now watching Atlantis.
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                              I finished watching The Mandalorian. Now watching Atlantis.
                              THE CHILD!!!

Anywho...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Welp, I survived the Day After COVID Shot #2; finally broke down and took some Tylenol after lunch and watched the first four episodes of season 2 of The Mandalorian and felt much better. Now to find some time to fit in the final 4 eps.

Everybody thinking there will be a new show soon may want to sit down and read the articles again. They haven't even figured out who's going to run that merger. Hell, there hasn't even been an official press briefing, and the shareholders still have to speak their mind.

The deal is made sure... a whoopin' 8.45 billion dollar. That's a lot of money -- less though than what MGM's net worth, which I find a little weird, but if that's the price they agreed upon, good for Amazon I guess.

I'm sorry... I can't excited over something like this, especially with the fragmenting of all the streaming services. It'll just end with even more content going behind bloody paywalls and I really, really, really hate geoblocking content.
                                Agreed. I think right now, Amazon is really just interested in 1) adding MGM's library to Amazon's own service, rather than doing anything new with MGM properties (with the probable exception of Bond), and 2) using MGM's production assets for Amazon's original productions.

Comment

Working...
                                X