Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Huh, we do all the paperwork online beforehand (at least, we do in Washington, I don't know about other states). And while the date is set, we've got our choice of 15-minute timeslots throughout the day.
    I didn't really have any paperwork (yet). But then like I said, they did connect my appointment to my medical chart online so maybe that's why. I'll find out tomorrow.

The upside is, I’m an old hand at online registration under a time crunch with lots of people trying to get the same spots. I just hate doing it.

Yup. Totally sucktastic. I've heard this Loki will
    Spoiler:
    learn about "our" Loki, and he'll go on his own redemption arc, but yeah...not the same.
    Yeah, it won't be the same. But I'll still watch it, of course.

Comment

Huh, we do all the paperwork online beforehand (at least, we do in Washington, I don't know about other states). And while the date is set, we've got our choice of 15-minute timeslots throughout the day.
      Belgium does it the Vogon way -- everything in triplicate (and that's not even a joke).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This new system is a pain and a bother so largely I don't bother.

I see you have been talking about the vaccine, so I'll report for my state. We have a number of choices from the government run or hospital run clinics to private docs and pharmacies. Aside from going to the doc and paying for an office visit, you just have to check and recheck and wait until the sites don't say "fully booked." But then I live in an area of 4 million people, so that may make a difference. We feel safe because we don't get around many people so are waiting probably until we see our doc in August for the yearly checkup. Docs have to apply for the vaccine and wait until whoever is in charge feels like sending it to them, but still we aren't in a hurry. I have had a reaction to every vaccine I've ever had ranging from a seriously painful arm for a week to all-over hives, so I'm a bit hesitant. For some reason I always fall in the 2% category for side effects on just about anything.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          This new system is a pain and a bother so largely I don't bother.

I see you have been talking about the vaccine, so I'll report for my state. We have a number of choices from the government run or hospital run clinics to private docs and pharmacies. Aside from going to the doc and paying for an office visit, you just have to check and recheck and wait until the sites don't say "fully booked." But then I live in an area of 4 million people, so that may make a difference. We feel safe because we don't get around many people so are waiting probably until we see our doc in August for the yearly checkup. Docs have to apply for the vaccine and wait until whoever is in charge feels like sending it to them, but still we aren't in a hurry. I have had a reaction to every vaccine I've ever had ranging from a seriously painful arm for a week to all-over hives, so I'm a bit hesitant. For some reason I always fall in the 2% category for side effects on just about anything.
          Yeah, the 4 million will definitely send it into crazy times.

Vaccine reactions, eek! I hope this one is on the mild side for you. *hugs*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm still hoping that by the time I may get an invitation, they're using Johnson & Johnson vaccines and I only have to go in once -- by which I mean, around august after the 5th wave or so.

Comment

Update on my injection....

I got mine a few hours ago (the Pfizer one) at the local hospital. I am a little tired and have a slight headache but it's no big deal. I'm tired most of the time anyway! And it's nothing like the tiredness I had from radiation. That was a bone deep kind of tiredness. This is just a "I didn't sleep well last night" kind.

Evidently there aren't many people with underlying conditions getting the vaccine where I got mine, because the nurse did a double take at me and said "You're young!" Not often I hear anything like that anymore. Then she said she's had all people over 60. I had to tell her I had had cancer.

Oh, and while I was doing my 15 minutes of waiting, the woman next to me had her mask off while chatting with her friend. Hellooooooooooo?????
              Last edited by JT-2; 30 March 2021, 12:26 PM.

Comment

As I understand it, the AstraZeneca one isn't in use in the US at the moment. You have Pfizer (domestic production and import from other countries -- you don't export anything for the record. I know the plant in Puurs (Belgium) exports to the US**), Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson.

** which results in me saying, when the Virgin Atlantic cargo plane flies by around 5:30pm: "Hey look, Virgin Atlantic coming to steal our vaccines again." -- which I hate to admit is not entirely meant as funny.

Comment

I'm sorry, FH. That's not fair.

Feeling fine this morning. Yay!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    Oh, and while I was doing my 15 minutes of waiting, the woman next to me had her mask off while chatting with her friend. Hellooooooooooo?????
                    Oh for frak's sake. I mean, it's one thing to innocently forget your mask in the car (everyone's probably done that at some point), but... *headdesk*

Glad the vax session went well, though!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    As I understand it, the AstraZeneca one isn't in use in the US at the moment. You have Pfizer (domestic production and import from other countries -- you don't export anything for the record. I know the plant in Puurs (Belgium) exports to the US**), Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson.

** which results in me saying, when the Virgin Atlantic cargo plane flies by around 5:30pm: "Hey look, Virgin Atlantic coming to steal our vaccines again." -- which I hate to admit is not entirely meant as funny.
                    *snorts* The results of decades of successive administrations letting US manufacturing jobs go overseas, never to return.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*snorts* The results of decades of successive administrations letting US manufacturing jobs go overseas, never to return.
                      Hey hey, Pfizer has a plant in ... something starting with an M.... Michigan... Minnesota... can't remember exactly... *googles it* ... none of the above ...it was Massachusetts... at least, the M was correct.
                      Something of the article long ago stuck.

Also, isn't overseas production generally going towards low income countries... cause that's not us.

Comment

Oh for frak's sake. I mean, it's one thing to innocently forget your mask in the car (everyone's probably done that at some point), but... *headdesk*

Glad the vax session went well, though!
                        Yeah, she had her mask with her.... it was just hanging off her ear. *headdesk*

And none of the medical people all around us noticed.

Comment

People make me crazy with their lack of concern for mask protocol. And I keep having dreams that I go somewhere without my mask and realize halfway through the store/restaurant. I was a little icky for a week after my first vaccine shot, so I’m really dreading the second one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                            People make me crazy with their lack of concern for mask protocol. And I keep having dreams that I go somewhere without my mask and realize halfway through the store/restaurant. I was a little icky for a week after my first vaccine shot, so I’m really dreading the second one.
                            Yeah, I still see people all the time with the mask under their noses. It doesn't work that way, idiots.

That's not fun dreams to have!

When do you go for your second shot? I hope it's not as bad as you're fearing!!!!

Comment

Remember the days when you went out without even giving a second thought to having certain items with you:

* keys -- check

* keys -- check
                              * cellphone -- nah... don't need it

* keys -- check
                              * cellphone -- oh hell... -- turns around to get it

* keys check
                              * cellphone -- check
                              * facemask -- oh bloody hell... -- turns around to get it

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday! (and of course, April Fools' Day!)

Welp, our governor has just moved up the timetable and now I'll be eligible for the vaccine on April 15. Let the Hunger Games begin...

Comment

Working...
                                X