No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Oh, I'm surprised they went this far. Didn't think they had it in them to take those necessary steps.

I would have drawn the line at non-essential travel within our borders, because that would have meant we wouldn't be able to see Dad over the weekend.

But I can live with the regulations in place. I'm quite okay with them.
    When they allowed us to hang out with 10 people, I had to joke that I had to post an ad for people to fill that requirement.
    Hah! We'd have to do the same thing.

Hope you can see your dad soon!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I LOL'd at the office today. Had to go in to pick up one laptop and deliver some of my granddad's woodwork.

So I arrive at my floor and the whole place is dark, like no one's there, but I know at least one of my colleagues is present cause he's always there. So, I start walking towards my desk space and I notice there's at least one other person present... These 2 idiots didn't turn on the lights. They're just sitting there in the dark, working.

They probably don't know where the general light switches are so they decided against light.

I know where they are, though, and I thought about flipping them on... but I forgot so they continued to work in the dark the rest of the day.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Today and I watched both Siege 3 and Return 2 (work was insanely slow). Elizabeth hugs Jack - Jack's reaction = completely platonic. Elizabeth hugs John - John's reaction = super shippy.

QED

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Yeah, WTF? Kavanagh gets to live, but Lizzeh gets fridged? SO. WRONG.
        AMEN SISTER!! He deserved a slow, lingering death.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
        Oh, I'm surprised they went this far. Didn't think they had it in them to take those necessary steps.

I would have drawn the line at non-essential travel within our borders, because that would have meant we wouldn't be able to see Dad over the weekend.

But I can live with the regulations in place. I'm quite okay with them.
        When they allowed us to hang out with 10 people, I had to joke that I had to post an ad for people to fill that requirement.

Good luck with lockdown! Do the people there actually follow it? Cause people ignore the mask rules and social distancing here.

Comment

Oh, and something else I just noticed. End of Siege 3, John is looking at the gate sadly after Ford leaves. Elizabeth tries to comfort him.

End of Ghost in the Machine, John is looking at the gate sadly after Elizabeth leaves. He is alone.

*sobs in Sparky*

Frelll TPTW!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Good luck with lockdown! Do the people there actually follow it? Cause people ignore the mask rules and social distancing here.
            About 95% of the population follows the rules, yes.

The fines for breaking the rule of gathering with more than 10 people outside start at 250 euro and go up to jailtime. There are lockdown parties which have resulted in courthearings for all involved, ranging from hefty fines to a month jailtime.

Mask rules are followed and the most you can get as a violater is a stern warning and access-denied.

That one colleague who, at first, ignored the mask rule got a dress down from his (now mine too again) teamlead.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Today and I watched both Siege 3 and Return 2 (work was insanely slow). Elizabeth hugs Jack - Jack's reaction = completely platonic. Elizabeth hugs John - John's reaction = super shippy.

QED
              LOL!

Yep, it’s on screen, so it’s canon, baby.

Oh, and something else I just noticed. End of Siege 3, John is looking at the gate sadly after Ford leaves. Elizabeth tries to comfort him.

End of Ghost in the Machine, John is looking at the gate sadly after Elizabeth leaves. He is alone.

*sobs in Sparky*

Frelll TPTW!!
              A thousand curses upon TPTW!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I LOL'd at the office today. Had to go in to pick up one laptop and deliver some of my granddad's woodwork.

So I arrive at my floor and the whole place is dark, like no one's there, but I know at least one of my colleagues is present cause he's always there. So, I start walking towards my desk space and I notice there's at least one other person present... These 2 idiots didn't turn on the lights. They're just sitting there in the dark, working.

They probably don't know where the general light switches are so they decided against light.

I know where they are, though, and I thought about flipping them on... but I forgot so they continued to work in the dark the rest of the day.
                Too funny. I always kept my office lit by lamp and kept the overhead off. I still do in my home office now that I work at home. But by choice, lol, not because I didn't take a few extra steps to figure out the lights. McKay would be shaking his head and muttering.

QED

Now I want to watch fan vids to see all the best scenes real quick like, lol. And rewatch some more of the epps. So many sigh worthy momemts.

Comment

I got my vaccine appointment!! Tuesday at 11:45 at the local hospital. Yay!! (Of course, if I end up feeling like crap afterwards, I won't be Yay-ing)

About 95% of the population follows the rules, yes.

The fines for breaking the rule of gathering with more than 10 people outside start at 250 euro and go up to jailtime. There are lockdown parties which have resulted in courthearings for all involved, ranging from hefty fines to a month jailtime.

Mask rules are followed and the most you can get as a violater is a stern warning and access-denied.

That one colleague who, at first, ignored the mask rule got a dress down from his (now mine too again) teamlead.
                  That's good that most people follow it. There's no fines here. Just public shaming. But then again, some people think this is just the flu and refuse to be shamed. And then the young people out at spring break... and what really sucks about that is that they will probably be fine but they'll pass it onto older people who won't be fine. Grrrrr.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                  Yep, it’s on screen, so it’s canon, baby.
                  AMEN, SISTER!!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
                  Now I want to watch fan vids to see all the best scenes real quick like, lol. And rewatch some more of the epps. So many sigh worthy momemts.

I haven't rewatched any of the S4/S5 episodes, though. I stop at Tao of Rodney, skip to Submersion, and stop. It's better for my mental health that way.
                  Last edited by JT-2; 26 March 2021, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I got my vaccine appointment!! Tuesday at 11:45 at the local hospital. Yay!! (Of course, if I end up feeling like crap afterwards, I won't be Yay-ing)
                    YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! That's very good news! (and I hope it doesn't make you feel like crap afterwards!)

I haven't rewatched any of the S4/S5 episodes, though. I stop at Tao of Rodney, skip to Submersion, and stop. It's better for my mental health that way.
                    Sounds like the sensible way to do it. Heck, I already do it in other fandoms...

Comment

YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! That's very good news! (and I hope it doesn't make you feel like crap afterwards!)
                      Me too. I've heard of various reactions, from a sore arm to a day or two of flu symptoms. And then the second one makes you feel worse. I've never had any reaction to a flu shot or any other vaccine, so I'm hoping for the best.

Sounds like the sensible way to do it. Heck, I already do it in other fandoms...
                      Oh I do too!! The series finale of Timeless was so sucktastic (IMHO) that I've only seen it once, when it first aired. Every other episode I've seen at least twice. Okay four times.

And I remember when I was doing an SGA rewatch of S4/S5 and posting comments on LiveJournal (I love Tumblr but I miss LiveJournal). I refused to watch Brain Storm and Trio. NEVER AGAIN! I'd have to be drunk to get through those two ever again.

Comment

I've had a bad day. Both my upstairs and downstairs toilets got plugged up. The downstairs one overflowed a little. I had to call in a drain guy (for top dollar). The downstairs one now flushes but it flushes very slowly. He stated I need a new toilet. The upstairs one is still broken. It's possible that when they fixed my tree-root-in-the-pipe problem a couple of years ago, that they didn't hook up the upstairs plumbing to it. It never mattered because I rarely use that bathroom (yes, the house I live in is too big for me but it's my childhood home so I'm keeping it).

I'm tired.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Me too. I've heard of various reactions, from a sore arm to a day or two of flu symptoms. And then the second one makes you feel worse. I've never had any reaction to a flu shot or any other vaccine, so I'm hoping for the best.
                          Same here.

In related news, it looks like our governor wants to open up vaccinations to all age 16+ on May 1 (in accordance with the president's directive), so perhaps I'll be getting my shots sooner than I thought. Not looking forward to the online Hunger Games I'll have to go through to get the appointment, though.

Oh I do too!! The series finale of Timeless was so sucktastic (IMHO) that I've only seen it once, when it first aired. Every other episode I've seen at least twice. Okay four times.

And I remember when I was doing an SGA rewatch of S4/S5 and posting comments on LiveJournal (I love Tumblr but I miss LiveJournal). I refused to watch Brain Storm and Trio. NEVER AGAIN! I'd have to be drunk to get through those two ever again.
                          I STILL have only watched Avengers: Endgame once. Just once. I refuse to watch it again. Like you, I'd probably have to be drunk to get through it.

I've had a bad day. Both my upstairs and downstairs toilets got plugged up. The downstairs one overflowed a little. I had to call in a drain guy (for top dollar). The downstairs one now flushes but it flushes very slowly. He stated I need a new toilet. The upstairs one is still broken. It's possible that when they fixed my tree-root-in-the-pipe problem a couple of years ago, that they didn't hook up the upstairs plumbing to it. It never mattered because I rarely use that bathroom (yes, the house I live in is too big for me but it's my childhood home so I'm keeping it).

I'm tired.
                          Oh no! That totally sucks! I hate hate HATE plumbing problems, they're the worst. Sorry you've had to deal with that. *hugs*

Comment

In related news, it looks like our governor wants to open up vaccinations to all age 16+ on May 1 (in accordance with the president's directive), so perhaps I'll be getting my shots sooner than I thought. Not looking forward to the online Hunger Games I'll have to go through to get the appointment, though.
                            Good news!!!

And yes, online Hunger Games is a good way to put it. I was checking 4 times a day every day until I eventually got my appointment.

I STILL have only watched Avengers: Endgame once. Just once. I refuse to watch it again. Like you, I'd probably have to be drunk to get through it.
                            I hear that. I've only watched Infinity War with Loki's ultimate demise only once. And I know they are doing a new Loki series, but the Loki that went through the character growth of Ragnarok died and it still pisses me off. All my faves die.

Oh no! That totally sucks! I hate hate HATE plumbing problems, they're the worst. Sorry you've had to deal with that. *hugs*
                            *hugs* Thanks. At least I didn't have to go to a hotel which is what I was fearing. Homeownership can suck sometimes.

Comment

YAY!!

(I may be jealous of your status as far as vaccinations go, but that doesn't mean I'm not happy for all)

My dad got AstraZenca, as did a colleague. My dad felt a little feverish for a day -- hot and cold, and tired (he called it lazy). My colleague said she experienced some dizziness for a day.

My neighbor was ill for a week after but the Doc assured her that the 2nd shot wouldn't be so bad. The funny bit one of her clients is a 104-year old who got the shot at the same day as she did and she got worried that maybe he too was feeling crappy so she called him. He declared with a cheery voice he felt fit as a fiddle. No side effects whatsoever.

Over here we have to wait for an invitation, then have to confirm our attendance or that the timing is inconvenient and reschedule, or if you don't want it you have to confirm that too so that the shot can go to someone else instead, someone next on the list. After that we get a time and day, and then have to report to the vaccination center assigned to our regions (mine is about 10 minutes from where I live).

At the center we have to fill in a form with our medical history, at least whether we are allergic to something and what medication we take. Then you get the information about what you're getting and what line you have to wait in. Once you've gotten the shot, you have to sit around for 15 to 20 minutes to make sure you don't have any allergic reactions.

We can take "vaccination vacation/time off" but our company decided we don't have to take time off. We just have to inform our teamlead when our appointments are, and just go and get the shot during work hours without time off or lost pay.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Over here we have to wait for an invitation, then have to confirm our attendance or that the timing is inconvenient and reschedule, or if you don't want it you have to confirm that too so that the shot can go to someone else instead, someone next on the list. After that we get a time and day, and then have to report to the vaccination center assigned to our regions (mine is about 10 minutes from where I live).

At the center we have to fill in a form with our medical history, at least whether we are allergic to something and what medication we take. Then you get the information about what you're getting and what line you have to wait in. Once you've gotten the shot, you have to sit around for 15 to 20 minutes to make sure you don't have any allergic reactions.
                                Huh, we do all the paperwork online beforehand (at least, we do in Washington, I don't know about other states). And while the date is set, we've got our choice of 15-minute timeslots throughout the day.

And yes, online Hunger Games is a good way to put it. I was checking 4 times a day every day until I eventually got my appointment.
                                The upside is, I’m an old hand at online registration under a time crunch with lots of people trying to get the same spots. I just hate doing it.

I hear that. I've only watched Infinity War with Loki's ultimate demise only once. And I know they are doing a new Loki series, but the Loki that went through the character growth of Ragnarok died and it still pisses me off. All my faves die.
                                Yup. Totally sucktastic. I've heard this Loki will
                                Spoiler:
                                learn about "our" Loki, and he'll go on his own redemption arc, but yeah...not the same.

*hugs* Thanks. At least I didn't have to go to a hotel which is what I was fearing. Homeownership can suck sometimes.
                                *shudders* *more hugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X