Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    And WTF with the forum upgrades?!?! No more multi-quote? No more Stargate emojis? EPIC. FAIL. ????
    It's not very user friendly at the moment.

No multi-quote missing is a serious pain in threads which still have a lot of activity, like this one.

I think the emoji's will be back. The avatars are resized too -- 160x160 -- and everyone can set a personal one now. No more posting until 2000 to gain that perk.

I'm still trying to add my signature picture back but so far I'm just lucky I managed to get back into the account setting to rectify the way the forum shows me new posts. I had it set to latest activity which meant it reversed the order of posts so instead latest on the last page they were on the first page.

I keep getting thrown out of the account settings.

Darren has his work cut out the next couple of days. Lots of stuff to work out still.

Yeah, that's what I did; hit quote, copy the text & coding that appears in the quick reply window, paste, repeat for other posts I want to reply to. This is gonna get annoying.
    It'll hamper conversations, I think... cause that requires dedication to the posting.

Oh and by the way... you can't like your own post but you can flag it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

As you can see, my signature is back... ...will change it to something more Stargate appropriate or maybe Frozen -- I'm in a Frozen funk. Only took me a dozen tries but in the end I prevailed!

And the smilies are back by the way and apparently the code is case sensitive... I thought that was always the case but hey...

Comment

LOL, yeah that's like me with my Mustang. No going out in the snow. ????
        Nope. I don't go out until the snow is over. I live right on the border of another town, and that other town is HORRIBLE about plowing. So I do slide around a bit until it melts - only in the other town. You can always tell exactly where the town line is by the snow still on the streets.

FH - how did you get your sig back? I've been trying and can't get it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          FH - how did you get your sig back? I've been trying and can't get it to happen.
          This is how I managed it...

Edit signature in your account settings only seems to work when you attach an img from an URL. Trust me I tried with an attachment from my computer but that didn't work at all.

Once you've linked to your image -- in my case: https://i.imgur.com/W9gWoXW.jpg
          It will show you a thumbnail and the words Thumbnail and Remove right next to it, and below the name of the file --> W9gWoXW.jpg

In your editor, choose the first icon on the first menu bar... next to the T with an x -- on its left. That'll get you into the BBcode source editor.

Choose the spot where you want your sigpic to go and drop the filename in between the BBcode [ sigpic ]W9gWoXWdotjpg[/sigpic ]. Hit save, and you're done.

Comment

Do you mean to tell me that this nonsense is permanent? I thought it was a glitch.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Do you mean to tell me that this nonsense is permanent? I thought it was a glitch.
              Err... nope, not a glitch. This new look is permanent. The forum was operating on vB4 which ceased to be supported so they had to move to vB5 (which has been in use since 2013 or so) -- which is still glitchy and looks like this.

Comment

While everyone is figuring out this new set up, let me drop chapter IX. It turned out a bit different than I envisioned it, but meh... it leaves the floor open for more fun in the future.

Spoiler:
                Elizabeth wrung her hands together, pacing in front of the lab where Doctor Kavanaugh was working. She had postponed the talk long enough and if she didn't get it over quickly, she would just have more complaints to deal with later. She had gone back to Kate, trying to pursuade the psychologist to at least come along, but Kate had politely declined mentioning she had a full schedule to deal with.

She took a deep breath and stepped inside the lab. Kavanaugh spotted her and rolled his eyes at her. She was used to his behavior and nearly returned the eyeroll but managed not to at the last second.

"Doctor Weir," he said.

"Doctor Kavanaugh," she echoed.

"Anything I can do for you?"

Elizabeth cringed at his tone of voice. Hell just froze over.

"As a matter of fact, yes." She gave it a beat.

"It's about..."

Before she could finish her sentence, Kavanaugh interrupted her.

"Yes, yes... treat the others with a little more respect. Stop sending reports to Stargate Command. Be a teamplayer. Share my lab. Yadda yadda yadda... I know."

He closed his laptop, picked it up and walked out of the lab, leaving Elizabeth behind.

She opened her mouth to say something but closed it again, shook her head and walked out.

There were going to be more complaints; of that she was sure. But next time she was going to stick Ronon on him again. That would teach Kavanaugh.

Elizabeth would later learn that Kate's "full schedule" went by the name of Teyla, and that they had spend the entire afternoon in Kate's quarters.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Stargate smilies are not showing up in the smilie menu, so I assumed they were gone. And without the menu, I don't have the individual codes for all the variations, so...I guess there will be far fewer Stargate smilies from me.

Chapter IX! Yeah, when in doubt, send Ronon.
                  (PS: FH, your sig is not showing up for me. I have no idea if it's on my end or your end, I still can't make heads or tails of this new forum software. )
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

(PS: FH, your sig is not showing up for me. I have no idea if it's on my end or your end, I still can't make heads or tails of this new forum software. )
                    Oh... good to know. Must look into that.

Yeah, the forum is buggy at best so who knows what's going on backstage. Greg said something about caches and whatnot.

Oh, and the smileys appear when you hit the smiley button in the upper right corner of the reply windown (not the one on the menu bar) -- right next to the A (which is the icon to toggle the advanced editor bar).

Comment

Have you checked "show signatures" in your user settings?
                      Cause that's automatically set to "don't show".

Comment

FH - Great continuation!! Poor Elizabeth. And sneaky Kate.

Well, I managed to get my sig fixed. Thank you, FH! Eventually I was just able to do it with uploading the image instead of URL. (The 20th time was the charm?) Thank goodness, because I didn't know where to host the image - Photobucket now wants money to have items there. No thanks.

I'm missing multi-quote, for all it didn't always work for me anyway.

Comment

FH - Great continuation!! Poor Elizabeth. And sneaky Kate.
                          I have to admit that I have done what I had Kate do at least once or twice at work.
                          And so have some of my colleagues -- deliberately putting their status on "Do not disturb" which means they can't be reached by phone (we call via computer, don't use actual phones). And one even went so far as to call me, and straight out told me she was just calling me so her phone line would be busy and she would be unable to be reached by anyone else.

Thank goodness, because I didn't know where to host the image - Photobucket now wants money to have items there.
                          I use imgur -- still free and fairly easy to use.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Oh... good to know. Must look into that.

Yeah, the forum is buggy at best so who knows what's going on backstage. Greg said something about caches and whatnot.

Oh, and the smileys appear when you hit the smiley button in the upper right corner of the reply windown (not the one on the menu bar) -- right next to the A (which is the icon to toggle the advanced editor bar).
                            Hmm, I had tried hitting that button before, and nothing came up. Now it's working. Buggy, indeed. But yay, Stargate smilies!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Have you checked "show signatures" in your user settings?

Cause that's automatically set to "don't show".
                            Ah, there we go, thank you! Of course, when I tried to save the change, I got an error message. Still buggy, LOL. Will have to try again later.

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I was over at my brother's over the weekend and they had the Hallmark Channel on with a series called Flower Shop Mysteries. Guess who I saw?? Claire Rankin and Beau Bridges!! It was pure cheese (the Brooke Shields character randomly searches through a file cabinet and wouldn't you know it, the one file she needs is a different color than all the others so she finds it right away!). But it was fun to see some Stargate alums.

Comment

Cool!

The title though -- Flower Shop Mysteries...

Comment

Working...
                                X