Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Sorry I missed it but hope you had a great birthday.
    Due to Covid restrictions it was just me and my sister, but my best friend had been sending me presents two weeks ago so we got those out of the way. And my sister got a me hoodie, which arrived today, saying 40, Keep Calm and Let's Go.

It's a tradition to celebrate round numbers at the office. Colleagues do stuff to surprise you with your birthday, like dress up your desk and the likes. So, I'm really happy that I'm working from home and don't have to go through that particular ritual. But they still want to do something so one of my colleagues on monday asked me whether next week monday or tuesday were okay for this virtual meet. I told her monday was fine and then she told me to please act surprised. I promised I would.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Due to Covid restrictions it was just me and my sister, but my best friend had been sending me presents two weeks ago so we got those out of the way. And my sister got a me hoodie, which arrived today, saying 40, Keep Calm and Let's Go.

It's a tradition to celebrate round numbers at the office. Colleagues do stuff to surprise you with your birthday, like dress up your desk and the likes. So, I'm really happy that I'm working from home and don't have to go through that particular ritual. But they still want to do something so one of my colleagues on monday asked me whether next week monday or tuesday were okay for this virtual meet. I told her monday was fine and then she told me to please act surprised. I promised I would.
      It's nice that your colleagues still want to keep in touch, though I too cringe at being the center of attention. I hate surprises even if they are good ones.

I wonder about all the isolation people are going through, especially kids. I've heard about an increase in suicides and depression. No wonder. Some people, not introverts like us, need that stimulation from others. Personally, I don't understand people who are bored when they retire. Like my SIL, who goes to the store every day and shops for the little old people in her building. Every. Day.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Snow is in the forecast so I stocked up on library books, cocoa, and chili fixings. Snow or no snow, things are looking up for the weekend.
        Mmmm, cocoa...

"Act surprised." I'm with SR, I hate surprises.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        It's nice that your colleagues still want to keep in touch, though I too cringe at being the center of attention. I hate surprises even if they are good ones.

I wonder about all the isolation people are going through, especially kids. I've heard about an increase in suicides and depression. No wonder. Some people, not introverts like us, need that stimulation from others. Personally, I don't understand people who are bored when they retire. Like my SIL, who goes to the store every day and shops for the little old people in her building. Every. Day.
        Every day? Geeze.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday! That is my favorite part of working at home as like SR I hate being the center of attention though I do miss the cake part. Love the hoodie.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Watched Soul -- feeling all jazzy.

Also watched Mulan thursday -- wow... epic.
                So disappointed that we couldn't see it at the cinema cause damn that would have looked even more epic on the big screen.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

I had a very LOL-worthy monday.

It didn't exactly start out great since it was the first day back at work after a week off, but it soon got a lot better when I found that my colleagues had dropped me a 100€ gift certificate from Amazon in my inbox. Then I accidently found out about their "surprise" teams meeting which nearly got cancelled because the VPN connection of our work network went down right when it was supposed to start.

My kind of day...

Comment

It didn't exactly start out great since it was the first day back at work after a week off, but it soon got a lot better when I found that my colleagues had dropped me a 100€ gift certificate from Amazon in my inbox. Then I accidently found out about their "surprise" teams meeting which nearly got cancelled because the VPN connection of our work network went down right when it was supposed to start.

My kind of day...
                      Sweet!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

My kind of day...
                        LOL, I love it!

Comment

My kind of day...
                          Oh my goodness- that would make a dent in my Amazon wish list- happy shopping!
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

It would too in mine, but I'm gonna spend it wisely.

They expected that it would include Lego -- they aren't wrong. I'm looking to pre-order The Skywalker Saga Lego game for Xbox One which had its release pushed back from November 2020 to April/May 2021. It would eat up half my gift certificate.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all had a better Screw the Angst Wednesday than me. A major windstorm last night knocked out power in many places; we were out from just after midnight until just after 7:30 tonight, so almost 19 hours. In the cold. Major suckage! We were hitting the hot cocoa hard as soon as the power came back, LOL!

It would too in mine, but I'm gonna spend it wisely.

They expected that it would include Lego -- they aren't wrong. I'm looking to pre-order The Skywalker Saga Lego game for Xbox One which had its release pushed back from November 2020 to April/May 2021. It would eat up half my gift certificate.
                              Excellent! Sounds like some good times are ahead!

Comment

IT SNOWED!!!

Like zero-point-zero-zero-zero-milimeter but hello SNOW!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X