No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    When you said smirk, my brain said let's play a game and insert toddler John for Thing 2 (the smirker) and toddler Rodney for Thing 1. After re-reading I reversed, but it was a funny experiment.
    OMG, I am never gonna get that mental image out of my head! Of course, in my head, they're toddler bodies with John and Rodney's adult faces pasted on them...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

OMG, I am never gonna get that mental image out of my head! Of course, in my head, they're toddler bodies with John and Rodney's adult faces pasted on them...
      Ahhhahaha! Now it's in MY head. It's so good. I need more Atlantis funnies. Maybe a youtube blooper or best of reel is in order.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Great!! Thanks for that visual...

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Ahhhahaha! Now it's in MY head. It's so good. I need more Atlantis funnies. Maybe a youtube blooper or best of reel is in order.
          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Great!! Thanks for that visual...

I aim to please!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams (and may they fare better than mine did...)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Now, to this week's College Football Roundup! On Friday, USC fell to Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship 31-24, and yesterday, Tennessee fell to Texas A&M 34-13, and Air Force fell to Army 10-7. On to bowl season! (USC has already announced they're dropping out due to some more COVID tests...)

Comment

...Air Force fell to Army 10-7.
                  Better than what happened to Navy, I guess. The humiliation on that one was through the roof. At least the Falcons managed to score.

Good job! Better luck next time.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and Happy Winter Solstice (or Summer, for those in the Southern Hemisphere)!

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay-cation last week. Going back to work this morning, however, was .... unpleasant. At least it's a 4 day week this week.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Here's a little twin report:
                      Spoiler:
                      First we picked them up from school daycare. They were all playing outside and when the twins spotted us they ran over and started banging on the gate.

We had pizza for dinner on Friday. They love pizza. They wouldn't eat the pizza and cried for chicken.

Thing 2 had a meltdown at breakfast the next morning and sobbed like his heart was broken. Thing 1 said "Thing 2 is crying" and laughed and pointed at him. Thing 2 stopped crying.

When asked what they want Santa to bring them, they say "cheese."

They love to brush their teeth.

We gave them several new books, one of which is "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly." We probably read it 95 times. They were very concerned that she wouldn't say why she swallowed a fly.

They didn't seem to miss Mom and Dad but kept asking about the dog.

Thing 1 was bonking Pop Pop on the head with a beach ball while Thing 2 was calmly playing with a puzzle. Thing 1 suddenly ran over, snatched away the puzzle and made Thing 2 cry. Thing 1 got a time out and kept crying "oh no" the whole time. Thing 2 got his puzzle back and smirked at Thing 1. So it begins.
                      Oh boy. Sounds like SR Jr and his wife have got their hands full. Love these reports!

Comment

The Office Saga

You know the drill:
                        * written on the fly
                        * unbeta'd
                        * just silly thoughts

Previous installments:

And onwards with Chapter VIII, inspired by my own experiences with regards to unions and work-related regulations and how those meetings can sometimes be intense....

Spoiler:
                        Elizabeth sat back in her seat, stretching after what had been - yet again - an intense meeting. She watched as the different representatives of the civilian contingent in the city got up from their seats and filed out of the briefing room, one by one.

There were close to fifty nationalities running around Atlantis and in accordance with the Antarctic Treaty, most of those nationalities were of the civilian kind. The military contingent was easier to navigate - less nationalities she could offend just by nodding when she should have shook her head.

However, so many different countries also implied so many different work laws to abide by. It had seemed in everyone's best interest to have a general work law by which the workforce would have to abide. Initially it had been about work hours and time off, but it had soon become apparent that more pressing matters had little to do with work hours or time off but with colleagues not respecting one's field of expertise or the lack of communication between departments, which would more often than not to incidents easily avoided by well-thought out work ethics.

Elizabeth didn't necessarily regret her decision to have a worker's council every month -- unless they were in the middle of a crisis -- but sometimes she wished they would at least find a way to solve their issues among themselves. Several items on the agenda of the council made regular come-backs.
                        There were the never ending complaints about one Doctor Rodney McKay, followed by Doctor Kavanaugh who, in turn, held the dubious record of filing complaints about others, including Atlantis' leadership, on a regular basis. Though somehow his complaints always ended up mysteriously disappearing whenever a data stream was sent to Stargate Command. Once she had asked Lieutenant Chuck Campbell about it but he claimed to have no knowledge of any wrongdoing.

"So, are you going to tell him or are you going to leave that to Rodney?"

Elizabeth glanced sideways, where Kate was expertly covering her doodles of the last hour.

"Definitely not Rodney," Elizabeth replied, shaking her head. "How about you instead?"

"Oh no," Kate shook her head. "Kavanaugh is all yours."

"How many "owe me"'s does that get me?"

"All of them. Clean slate!" Kate said as she disappeared through the doors.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I thoroughly enjoyed my stay-cation last week. Going back to work this morning, however, was .... unpleasant. At least it's a 4 day week this week.
                          Yay for a great stay-cation! And boo to having to go back to work.

The Office Saga

You know the drill:
                          * written on the fly
                          * unbeta'd
                          * just silly thoughts

Previous installments:

And onwards with Chapter VIII, inspired by my own experiences with regards to unions and work-related regulations and how those meetings can sometimes be intense....

Spoiler:
                          Elizabeth sat back in her seat, stretching after what had been - yet again - an intense meeting. She watched as the different representatives of the civilian contingent in the city got up from their seats and filed out of the briefing room, one by one.

There were close to fifty nationalities running around Atlantis and in accordance with the Antarctic Treaty, most of those nationalities were of the civilian kind. The military contingent was easier to navigate - less nationalities she could offend just by nodding when she should have shook her head.

However, so many different countries also implied so many different work laws to abide by. It had seemed in everyone's best interest to have a general work law by which the workforce would have to abide. Initially it had been about work hours and time off, but it had soon become apparent that more pressing matters had little to do with work hours or time off but with colleagues not respecting one's field of expertise or the lack of communication between departments, which would more often than not to incidents easily avoided by well-thought out work ethics.

Elizabeth didn't necessarily regret her decision to have a worker's council every month -- unless they were in the middle of a crisis -- but sometimes she wished they would at least find a way to solve their issues among themselves. Several items on the agenda of the council made regular come-backs.
                          There were the never ending complaints about one Doctor Rodney McKay, followed by Doctor Kavanaugh who, in turn, held the dubious record of filing complaints about others, including Atlantis' leadership, on a regular basis. Though somehow his complaints always ended up mysteriously disappearing whenever a data stream was sent to Stargate Command. Once she had asked Lieutenant Chuck Campbell about it but he claimed to have no knowledge of any wrongdoing.

Elizabeth glanced sideways, where Kate was expertly covering her doodles of the last hour.

"Definitely not Rodney," Elizabeth replied, shaking her head. "How about you instead?"

LOL, well, that's one way to wipe out the tab!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Now, to this week's College Football Roundup! On Friday, USC fell to Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship 31-24, and yesterday, Tennessee fell to Texas A&M 34-13, and Air Force fell to Army 10-7. On to bowl season! (USC has already announced they're dropping out due to some more COVID tests...)
                            TN already bowed out of their bowl game as well. Covid infestation, no surprise.

So... where were we on The Office Saga.

Oh yes, I remember... that second package...

Chapter VII

Spoiler:
                            It had taken the better part of the afternoon but Elizabeth had managed to put all the items back into the box. Most of it had survived the mishandling, except for a package of corn -- she was going to keep finding missing kernels, of that she was sure -- and the bag of nacho chips had been crushed under the weight of the Westvleteren. It was still intact but the pieces would definitely be smaller than when they went into the box the first time round.

She had planned to surprise him for his birthday but an off-world mission had thrown a wrench in that idea so she had to postpone presenting him with the goodies. It wasn't until after the nth Atlantis crisis, much gathering of dust later and stubbing her big toe twice that she remembered the box sitting underneath her desk in her quarters.

"Evening Elizabeth", he said when she appeared at his door, holding out the box in front of her.

"Evening," Elizabeth replied.

"Is that for me?"

Elizabeth thrust the box forward and into his open arms.

"A thank you for all the help you've been given me lately, and before."

"Cool."

John took the box to his bed and sat down, eagerly prying it open to see what was inside. He patted the empty space behind the box, indicating Elizabeth should come and sit down for a bit.

Elizabeth watched John unpack his goodies, quite different from Kate who had been more cautious and probably a little bit more suspicious about the diplomat's motives. He, on the other hand, was eagerly turning every package over and mm'd appreciatively at the six bottles of Westvleteren, of which he offered her one.

"Oh no, I shouldn't," she started to protest, resisting the offer, but he was having none of it.

"When was the last time you relaxed? Like really relaxed?"

Elizabeth opened her mouth, frowned and closed it again. He was right. It had been too long since she had been able to really relax, as he put it.

"Okay fine," she took the bottle from him. "Just one then."

"Good morning!"

Elizabeth pried both eyes open at the sound of his voice, appearing from right next to her. She was still in his quarters, sharing his bed.

"Slept well?"

Elizabeth frowned, quickly checked underneath the covers, assuring herself she was dressed.

"We didn't," he waved his hand in the general direction of his bed as he made his way over to his desk, usually standing in the corner but for the occasion dragged to the middle of the room, where breakfast was being served.

"That second bottle did you in."

Elizabeth turned to the nightstand where half a bottle of Westvleteren stood forgotten.

"Must have been more tired than I thought," she smiled sheepishly.

"Mmm," he agreed, smiling a tiny smile. "Coffee?"

He poured a cup.

"To get through another busy day."

"Yes, please."

Elizabeth hopped out of bed, joining him at the table.

Again, unbeta'd cause they are written on the fly, as it were.

Previous installments:
                            The Office Saga

You know the drill:
                            * written on the fly
                            * unbeta'd
                            * just silly thoughts

Previous installments:

Spoiler:

Yay- early Christmas presents. Loved it!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Oh boy. Sounds like SR Jr and his wife have got their hands full. Love these reports!
                            Glad you enjoyed your time off!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Happy to provide some distractions.

Comment

The Office Saga

You know the drill:
                                * written on the fly
                                * unbeta'd
                                * just silly thoughts

Previous installments:

Spoiler:

Love it. Diplomacy has got to be the worst job ever.

TN already bowed out of their bowl game as well. Covid infestation, no surprise.
                                VT has also bowed out of a bowl game thus ending the longest streak in the nation with 27 bowl appearances. I think they should just give everybody a free pass this year and not count 2020. They already waved the 6 win requirement, so why not.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X