No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Well, let me clarify. I'll be taking a break from work. I won't actually be going anywhere. I'll be doing Christmas stuff like wrapping and making cookies. And I won't be working.
    Whoo hoo! That totally qualifies as vacation.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I overslept... Great start of my friday, I have to say.
    Ooops!

Ah... you're vacationing at home. It's a stay-cation -- apparently that's the word.
    Yep, that's the word.

Mmm... cookies...

We got a surprise box from our employer, the yearly gift which would have been gotten at the yearly "sip & socialize" event but which has been cancelled because of corona. Anywho, it's a box filled which chocolate goodies, like "make your own chocolate truffles", chocolate powder and tiny marshmallows for a hot chocolate, speculoos, and more chocolate than is probably healthy to eat in one go.
    Mmm, now I'm hungry...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Ooops!
      Certainly the right word for it...

I was floating to the surface, hearing a large plane coming over and I remember thinking "what the hell are they coming in so late. it's the middle of the night", at which point I took a peak at my clock... ... ARGH!!

Like the speed of light, across the hall and behind my computer... with a minute to spare... ...but still in my PJ's.

Sidenote: nighttime landings are not allowed between 1am and 6am (or some such).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Certainly the right word for it...

I was floating to the surface, hearing a large plane coming over and I remember thinking "what the hell are they coming in so late. it's the middle of the night", at which point I took a peak at my clock... ... ARGH!!

Like the speed of light, across the hall and behind my computer... with a minute to spare... ...but still in my PJ's.

Sidenote: nighttime landings are not allowed between 1am and 6am (or some such).
        Whew, just in the nick of time!

We usually don't have nighttime landings at our airport, either. But then, it's a small rural airport and we don't have a control tower or radar or the other advanced instrumentation for night landings. We've got runway lights, that's about it. Pilots are on their own with that one.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We usually don't have nighttime landings at our airport, either. But then, it's a small rural airport and we don't have a control tower or radar or the other advanced instrumentation for night landings. We've got runway lights, that's about it. Pilots are on their own with that one.
          That's basically a death-trap -- better to wait for daylight.

I ventured out into the world today and went shopping -- read: I speedwalked through a toy store, got what I sort of wanted (what I wanted was still sold out) and speedwalked back out (don't worry, I paid first).

And oh yeah... remember that office saga... yeah, me either... but the next installment is coming along nice anyway.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

That's basically a death-trap -- better to wait for daylight.
            Yep, and everyone does. Nothing comes in before 7:30 in the morning, and the latest I've ever seen any takeoffs or landings is right about at dusk, and that only when the weather is clear.

I ventured out into the world today and went shopping -- read: I speedwalked through a toy store, got what I sort of wanted (what I wanted was still sold out) and speedwalked back out (don't worry, I paid first).
            Definitely time to raise the drawbridge and batten down the hatches.

And oh yeah... remember that office saga... yeah, me either... but the next installment is coming along nice anyway.
            LOL! Looking forward to it!

And now, here's this week's College Football Roundup! USC beat UCLA 43-38 in their annual rivalry game (and boy, what a ride that was!), Virginia Tech beat Virginia 33-15, Tennessee beat Vanderbilt 42-17, Navy fell to Army 15-0 in their annual rivalry game, and Air Force had a bye. On to next week!

Comment

And now, here's this week's College Football Roundup! USC beat UCLA 43-38 in their annual rivalry game (and boy, what a ride that was!), Virginia Tech beat Virginia 33-15, Tennessee beat Vanderbilt 42-17, Navy fell to Army 15-0 in their annual rivalry game, and Air Force had a bye. On to next week!
              Is it just me or haven't the Falcons played at all the passed 3 weeks?

Also, I don't think I want to be Navy this week...

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Good luck on your first day at your new job, Zandra's Ashes!!

I still need to watch The Mandalorian before my Disney+ expires.

As for Hallmark movies - my family was just discussing them and all the tropes that always exist... the tree lighting, the man who just returned from the army, a bakery, a New York-businessman type of current boyfriend (to be dumped for the army guy). My family loves those movies. As does SR, I believe. I can watch one but I will roll my eyes a lot. But they sure are pretty.
                We loved S2 of The Mandalorian also. I wish there were more.

I love Hallmark movies mainly for the outrageously expensive decorations. Have you ever checked the website for Balsam Hill, the company that sponsors most of the movies? Not the stuff you grab at Target. I pay no attention to the plots except to check off things like: decorate the tree, make hot cocoa, ice skate, bake cookies, cut your own tree or buy a huge one that won't fit in your house, and on and on. If you made a drinking game out of it, you'd die. Sometimes the bad acting gets me, but usually I make it to the end. I also think it is the perfect time to ignore how the world is falling apart before our very eyes and pretend everything is 2019.

We survived our weekend with the twins and I'll be back later with a little report.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I love Hallmark movies mainly for the outrageously expensive decorations. Have you ever checked the website for Balsam Hill, the company that sponsors most of the movies? Not the stuff you grab at Target. I pay no attention to the plots except to check off things like: decorate the tree, make hot cocoa, ice skate, bake cookies, cut your own tree or buy a huge one that won't fit in your house, and on and on. If you made a drinking game out of it, you'd die. Sometimes the bad acting gets me, but usually I make it to the end. I also think it is the perfect time to ignore how the world is falling apart before our very eyes and pretend everything is 2019.
                  I do have to admit that the decoration in most of those films is always on point.

I give them that.

Probably also one of the main reasons I want a real tree, and not a fake plastic one.
                  Snow too but that's become an oddity and this year too it'll not be a white christmas. It'll be a wet one though. Rain, rain, and more rain.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Is it just me or haven't the Falcons played at all the passed 3 weeks?

Also, I don't think I want to be Navy this week...
                    Air Force played (and beat) Utah State last week. Their final game for the season is against Army on Saturday (it was postponed from earlier in the year).

Yeah, poor Navy is not having a good year.

We survived our weekend with the twins and I'll be back later with a little report.
                    Heh, that recap of the Hallmark movies is right on the money.

And 2020? What's that?

I do have to admit that the decoration in most of those films is always on point.

I give them that.

Probably also one of the main reasons I want a real tree, and not a fake plastic one.
                    Snow too but that's become an oddity and this year too it'll not be a white christmas. It'll be a wet one though. Rain, rain, and more rain.
                    Yeah, we've got rain on and off for the next 10 days. Typical Pacific Northwest Christmas!

Comment

I survived week one at the new job, whoohoo. Breath has finally been caught. I only had to learn about 10 new software programs overnight, lol. I skimmed the basics how to's, it'll take a minute to get the rest.

Twin time tales- can't wait! I love watching the movies as the seem to set the scene and make it feel more like the holidays, but this years it's really made me feel lacking in the Christmas tradition department. We baked gingerbread cookies yesterday, so I feel I deserve some points for that maybe. Hopefully...

I give them that.

We have a meme of a mud puddle snowman that circulates around these parts near Christmas. It's pretty apt.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Air Force played (and beat) Utah State last week. Their final game for the season is against Army on Saturday (it was postponed from earlier in the year).

Yeah, poor Navy is not having a good year.

Heh, that recap of the Hallmark movies is right on the money.

And 2020? What's that?

Yeah, we've got rain on and off for the next 10 days. Typical Pacific Northwest Christmas!
                      We made history in our game. Well, the female Vanderbilt kicker did, scored the first points by a female athlete in a Power 5 football conference game. #glasseverywhere
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Oops, I forgot.

But oh dear, if Army is still in good shape this week, my Falcons might get plucked.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                        I survived week one at the new job, whoohoo. Breath has finally been caught. I only had to learn about 10 new software programs overnight, lol. I skimmed the basics how to's, it'll take a minute to get the rest.
                        One of my colleague's sent me a meme earlier today which said:

If I manage to survive the rest of the week, I would like my straight jacket in hot pink and my helmet to sparkle.

We have a meme of a mud puddle snowman that circulates around these parts near Christmas. It's pretty apt.

Comment

Here's a little twin report:
                          Spoiler:
                          First we picked them up from school daycare. They were all playing outside and when the twins spotted us they ran over and started banging on the gate.

We had pizza for dinner on Friday. They love pizza. They wouldn't eat the pizza and cried for chicken.

Thing 2 had a meltdown at breakfast the next morning and sobbed like his heart was broken. Thing 1 said "Thing 2 is crying" and laughed and pointed at him. Thing 2 stopped crying.

When asked what they want Santa to bring them, they say "cheese."

They love to brush their teeth.

We gave them several new books, one of which is "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly." We probably read it 95 times. They were very concerned that she wouldn't say why she swallowed a fly.

They didn't seem to miss Mom and Dad but kept asking about the dog.

Thing 1 was bonking Pop Pop on the head with a beach ball while Thing 2 was calmly playing with a puzzle. Thing 1 suddenly ran over, snatched away the puzzle and made Thing 2 cry. Thing 1 got a time out and kept crying "oh no" the whole time. Thing 2 got his puzzle back and smirked at Thing 1. So it begins.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Apt is right! Kinda like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, eh?

We made history in our game. Well, the female Vanderbilt kicker did, scored the first points by a female athlete in a Power 5 football conference game. #glasseverywhere
                            Saw that, it was sweet!

Oops, I forgot.

But oh dear, if Army is still in good shape this week, my Falcons might get plucked.
                            Yeah, Army's had a good season, and coming off that win against Navy, they're gonna be pumped.

If I manage to survive the rest of the week, I would like my straight jacket in hot pink and my helmet to sparkle.
                            *dies laughing*

Spoiler:
                            First we picked them up from school daycare. They were all playing outside and when the twins spotted us they ran over and started banging on the gate.

We had pizza for dinner on Friday. They love pizza. They wouldn't eat the pizza and cried for chicken.

Thing 2 had a meltdown at breakfast the next morning and sobbed like his heart was broken. Thing 1 said "Thing 2 is crying" and laughed and pointed at him. Thing 2 stopped crying.

We gave them several new books, one of which is "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly." We probably read it 95 times. They were very concerned that she wouldn't say why she swallowed a fly.

Thing 1 was bonking Pop Pop on the head with a beach ball while Thing 2 was calmly playing with a puzzle. Thing 1 suddenly ran over, snatched away the puzzle and made Thing 2 cry. Thing 1 got a time out and kept crying "oh no" the whole time. Thing 2 got his puzzle back and smirked at Thing 1. So it begins.
                            OMG. *cackles* I swear, it's like those two get more goofy every time. What fun!

Comment

Oops, I forgot.

Ohhh.....sparkly. Yes please

Spoiler:

I'm so glad you are getting such good time with them!

When you said smirk, my brain said let's play a game and insert toddler John for Thing 2 (the smirker) and toddler Rodney for Thing 1. After re-reading I reversed, but it was a funny experiment.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Apt is right! Kinda like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, eh?

Saw that, it was sweet!

Yes, the Charlie Brown Christmas tree would be a perfect companion!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Spoiler:
                                The dog clearly has a superior position to mom and dad.

Comment

Working...
                                X