Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    ...Air Force lost to Boise State 49-30...
    That's not as bad as last week. They'll be back on top in no time.

As of yesterday I am officially a grandparents-orphan... My last remaining grandfather passed away yesterday, thereby joining the covid-19 death statistics.

Not unexpected, but still... you know... devastating.

My uncle, aunt and cousin who were also infected are still feeling sick but are no longer in quarantine. Physically they seem to be better, but apparently my uncle crashed on a mental level, which is not unexpected either.

No idea when the funeral's going to be but considering the rules-changes last week, it will be family only and it's a good thing there are less than 15 members cause that's the maximum of people which can attend.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

FH, my deepest condolences on your grandfather's passing and my best wishes for a speedy recovery for your other relatives. *hugs you*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

FH, I'm so very sorry about your grandfather.

And I hope your other relatives feel better soon.

Comment

Thank you.

Aunt asked the grandkids to write a small text... now, my grandfather had the habit of telling, mostly me (cause I was more or less the only one who would do it -- sometimes on purpose), to "Goddammit, take your can home with you!" whenever I came walking in, slurping on a can of coke or other soda beverage. The thing is that it stuck with me so whenever my sister is eating a cookie or drinking something in my car, and it looks like she's going to leave her waste behind, I tell her to "goddammit, take that with you!"... so my idea was to just put a picture of a can of coke and the "Goddammit.." line right next to it. My aunt thought it was funny but that not everyone might get the reference.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Thank you.

Aunt asked the grandkids to write a small text... now, my grandfather had the habit of telling, mostly me (cause I was more or less the only one who would do it -- sometimes on purpose), to "Goddammit, take your can home with you!" whenever I came walking in, slurping on a can of coke or other soda beverage. The thing is that it stuck with me so whenever my sister is eating a cookie or drinking something in my car, and it looks like she's going to leave her waste behind, I tell her to "goddammit, take that with you!"... so my idea was to just put a picture of a can of coke and the "Goddammit.." line right next to it. My aunt thought it was funny but that not everyone might get the reference.
            Oh, that's a great story! Even if you don't use that particular text for your tribute, it'd be great to pass that story along to everyone...including the part about how you now do the same with your sister.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thank you.

I smiled just reading that. I'm so sorry for your loss.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

That's not as bad as last week. They'll be back on top in no time.

As of yesterday I am officially a grandparents-orphan... My last remaining grandfather passed away yesterday, thereby joining the covid-19 death statistics.

Not unexpected, but still... you know... devastating.

My uncle, aunt and cousin who were also infected are still feeling sick but are no longer in quarantine. Physically they seem to be better, but apparently my uncle crashed on a mental level, which is not unexpected either.

No idea when the funeral's going to be but considering the rules-changes last week, it will be family only and it's a good thing there are less than 15 members cause that's the maximum of people which can attend.
                So sorry for your loss and I know it's particularly hard right now when you can't visit as before. Those amusing stories will last you forever.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! I'd say 'Screw the Angst' Wednesday is particularly appropriate today for a myriad of reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    So sorry for your loss and I know it's particularly hard right now when you can't visit as before. Those amusing stories will last you forever.
                    They do indeed and boy do we have some stories that'll last us a lifetime of laughter, which quite possibly weren't funny at the time they happened but definitely illicit much laughter now thinking back on them. Some of them, at my expense too.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

They do indeed and boy do we have some stories that'll last us a lifetime of laughter, which quite possibly weren't funny at the time they happened but definitely illicit much laughter now thinking back on them. Some of them, at my expense too.
                      Good memories of happy and fun times are the best treasure we can leave to our loved ones. *hugs you*

Comment

There is nothing like feisty grandparents. We joke in my family that the coffee had better be hot in the afterlife or my grandmother is probably be giving someone an never-ending earful.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                          There is nothing like feisty grandparents. We joke in my family that the coffee had better be hot in the afterlife or my grandmother is probably be giving someone an never-ending earful.
                          Then she definitely has an ally with my 2 grandfathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                            I had a feisty grandma that I quote all the time and now I'm hoping the twins will remember me as their feisty grandma.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              I had a feisty grandma that I quote all the time and now I'm hoping the twins will remember me as their feisty grandma.
                              As we like to say these days... "Doesn't look like [insert any family trait] skipped a generation.", or another favorite of ours as we reminisce, "Well, look at that, it runs in the family."

Comment

As we like to say these days... "Doesn't look like [insert any family trait] skipped a generation.", or another favorite of ours as we reminisce, "Well, look at that, it runs in the family."
                                My DIL's favorite saying after she learns a new tidbit about our family is "Well that explains a lot." And since Thing 2 is miniSR.Jr, she has her job cut out for her. Thing 1 tends to be more like her family.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X