No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Yes- I vote for this, lol! I love Halloween themed fic.
    Yep! Halloween is absolutely the most wonderful time of the year!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    The Office Saga ...because this thing, whatever it is, should have a name, right.
    Chapter I
    Chapter II

Chapter III

Spoiler:

Getting through Radek's report took up the better part of the afternoon. By the time Elizabeth was finished, she was none the wiser about what they were doing, but it was most certainly an important new discovery with plenty of potential.

Radek had a way with words, better than Rodney in as far as using layman's terms, but occasionally he too had the habit of rambling on in scientific terms which usually had too many syllables for her brain to properly process. Notwithstanding that he also had a habit of using the occasional Czech word if the English eluded him.

Elizabeth felt the need for a break and decided to go for a snack. She was halfway to the nearest transporter when she heard his voice before she saw him appear around the corner. She immediately stopped walking and instead turned around, trying her best to avoid running into Rodney. She needed a break, not the audio version of his emails.

She made for the hallway she just passed and collided head on with Kate who came walking down, distracted by a file in her hands.

Elizabeth took a few steps back in surprise, finding herself in Rodney's path again. He had spotted her and she did the only thing that came to mind that instant.

"Kate, right on time for our appointment."

Kate frowned confused.

"I don't think..."

Elizabeth didn't give Kate a chance to finish her thought, but instead led her back from where the psychologist had come from. Kate turned to object, pointing in the opposite direction.

"Let's go to the cafeteria, shall we."

Elizabeth turned to Kate and gave her best 'please save me from having to listen to more science-babbling I'm not in the mood for' look, adding a little jerk of her head in the direction of where Rodney was standing, hoping to catch Elizabeth for an update.

"Oh," Kate said, realization dawning on her, "right, okay, our appointment."

"Yes, our appointment," Elizabeth echoed, loud enough for Rodney to hear.

"Lead the way," Kate said, following Elizabeth down the hallway.

When they were out of earshot, Kate turned to Elizabeth, "You owe me."

Yes, this continues to be based on my own experiences, though instead of scientific words I have to occasionally process legal terms my brain simply doesn't know what to do with. And yes, I even have a colleague who'll slip in a Russian word if she can't remember the Dutch expression.
    Hahahah! OMG Radek's adorable. And yes, she so owes her. Big. Time. I wonder how many favors Kate has racked up over the years providing excuses to get away from Rodney.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Hahahah! OMG Radek's adorable. And yes, she so owes her. Big. Time. I wonder how many favors Kate has racked up over the years providing excuses to get away from Rodney.
      Maybe she keeps lists... ...the more favors you owe her, the bigger the pay-out at the end.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Another GREAT chapter, FH!!!! Elizabeth owes Kate big time.

Comment

If the office gods are merciful, there will probably be more to come next week...

Comment

If the office gods are merciful, there will probably be more to come next week...
            Here's something to feed the little lemming...

sugar.jpg

Comment

Yeah... that will definitely do it...

There might be rodents involved next now... Although that would be inspired by my sister's office life. They had warnings of mice in the building so they had to make sure not to leave cookies or other food lying around.

Comment

The Office Saga ...because this thing, whatever it is, should have a name, right.
                Chapter I
                Chapter II

Chapter III

Spoiler:

Getting through Radek's report took up the better part of the afternoon. By the time Elizabeth was finished, she was none the wiser about what they were doing, but it was most certainly an important new discovery with plenty of potential.

Radek had a way with words, better than Rodney in as far as using layman's terms, but occasionally he too had the habit of rambling on in scientific terms which usually had too many syllables for her brain to properly process. Notwithstanding that he also had a habit of using the occasional Czech word if the English eluded him.

Elizabeth felt the need for a break and decided to go for a snack. She was halfway to the nearest transporter when she heard his voice before she saw him appear around the corner. She immediately stopped walking and instead turned around, trying her best to avoid running into Rodney. She needed a break, not the audio version of his emails.

She made for the hallway she just passed and collided head on with Kate who came walking down, distracted by a file in her hands.

Elizabeth took a few steps back in surprise, finding herself in Rodney's path again. He had spotted her and she did the only thing that came to mind that instant.

"Kate, right on time for our appointment."

Kate frowned confused.

"I don't think..."

Elizabeth didn't give Kate a chance to finish her thought, but instead led her back from where the psychologist had come from. Kate turned to object, pointing in the opposite direction.

"Let's go to the cafeteria, shall we."

Elizabeth turned to Kate and gave her best 'please save me from having to listen to more science-babbling I'm not in the mood for' look, adding a little jerk of her head in the direction of where Rodney was standing, hoping to catch Elizabeth for an update.

"Oh," Kate said, realization dawning on her, "right, okay, our appointment."

"Yes, our appointment," Elizabeth echoed, loud enough for Rodney to hear.

"Lead the way," Kate said, following Elizabeth down the hallway.

When they were out of earshot, Kate turned to Elizabeth, "You owe me."

Yes, this continues to be based on my own experiences, though instead of scientific words I have to occasionally process legal terms my brain simply doesn't know what to do with. And yes, I even have a colleague who'll slip in a Russian word if she can't remember the Dutch expression.
                Another great chapter. Funny how Kate knows exactly why Elizabeth wants to avoid Rodney. I'm sure everyone has their methods of escaping.

There might be rodents involved next now... Although that would be inspired by my sister's office life. They had warnings of mice in the building so they had to make sure not to leave cookies or other food lying around.
                Reminds me of the time I taught in a private school in Florida. It being a tropical climate, there were lots of bugs everywhere. Big ones. Every morning when I opened the door of my classroom I banged on the wall and waited a bit until they all scampered. I still have nightmares of the time a kid left a candy bar in his desk. *shudders*

Now for a quiz. There's a cookie for the first person who can translate this bit of twinspeak: seeoo mahwow
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Another great chapter. Funny how Kate knows exactly why Elizabeth wants to avoid Rodney. I'm sure everyone has their methods of escaping.

Reminds me of the time I taught in a private school in Florida. It being a tropical climate, there were lots of bugs everywhere. Big ones. Every morning when I opened the door of my classroom I banged on the wall and waited a bit until they all scampered. I still have nightmares of the time a kid left a candy bar in his desk. *shudders*

Now for a quiz. There's a cookie for the first person who can translate this bit of twinspeak: seeoo mahwow
                  I see you, grandma??

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Maybe she keeps lists... ...the more favors you owe her, the bigger the pay-out at the end.
                    Now you really have to try to get that into the story!

Eeep!

Eeewwww....

See you tomorrow?
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      I see you, grandma??
                      Half right.

See you tomorrow?
                      Bingo. Give the little lady the cookie of her choice.

When they go home from daycare their teacher always says "see you tomorrow." So they have learned to repeat it. Sort of. They also say it when Mom and Dad put them to bed. So cute I can hardly stand it.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Scary Kitty beat me to it, but yeah "See you tomorrow"... It sounds like how it would sound if you just took a big bite from a cookie and try to speak through the chewing (which they generally tell you isn't polite).

Now you really have to try to get that into the story!
                        Mm... that could be a saga all on its own... :lol ... it does have great potential.

Comment

Half right.

When they go home from daycare their teacher always says "see you tomorrow." So they have learned to repeat it. Sort of. They also say it when Mom and Dad put them to bed. So cute I can hardly stand it.
                          OMG, that is so freaking adorable!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Squee! That's totally, totally cuteness overload!

Mmmm, chocolate chunk cookie... And speaking of cookies...

Scary Kitty beat me to it, but yeah "See you tomorrow"... It sounds like how it would sound if you just took a big bite from a cookie and try to speak through the chewing (which they generally tell you isn't polite).
                            LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking!

Mm... that could be a saga all on its own... :lol ... it does have great potential.
                            Muahahahahah!

Comment

Hey, anyone watching the SpaceX Demo-2 return and splashdown? On NASA TV right now:

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasa...ex.html#public

Comment

Hey, anyone watching the SpaceX Demo-2 return and splashdown? On NASA TV right now:

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasa...ex.html#public

I saw it! It was really cool. Although I was getting motion sickness in sympathy for the astronauts bobbing around in the water like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X