Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Sorry I haven't been around. Life has been crazy over the last few weeks.
    Spoiler:
    I thought I just had atypical cells but instead had cancer - well, DCIS - stage 0 cancer. So I thought it would mean radiation and drug therapy, but then they tell me I have to have more surgery. Then some of my genetic markers came back bad (not BRCA1 or 2, thank goodness). Anyway, I'm now in the process of getting a second opinion from Dana Farber). Between that going on and work, I haven't had a lot of time to come here.
    *gives big -- virtual -- lemming hug*

Although lemmings are rather small so imagine it more like my lemming-self is now hugging your thumb or your big toe or something.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      They also removed my right thyroid so we were nervous about vocal chord damage, I had a nodule right against it. Good news is no damage, like you said, I think most of it is due to the tube. I just try to use it too much until my body essentially tells me to shut it
      I'm so glad you had no damage to your vocal chords!!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      So sorry to hear that. You will be in my prayers.
      Thank you. I greatly appreciate it.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      *gives big -- virtual -- lemming hug*

Although lemmings are rather small so imagine it more like my lemming-self is now hugging your thumb or your big toe or something.

Thank you!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Spoiler:
        I thought I just had atypical cells but instead had cancer - well, DCIS - stage 0 cancer. So I thought it would mean radiation and drug therapy, but then they tell me I have to have more surgery. Then some of my genetic markers came back bad (not BRCA1 or 2, thank goodness). Anyway, I'm now in the process of getting a second opinion from Dana Farber). Between that going on and work, I haven't had a lot of time to come here.
        *HUGS YOU TIGHT* More surgery is kind of good news, in a way. The earlier you catch these things, the more options there typically are for treatment. *HUGS YOU MOAR*

It was so weird. For whatever reason I wasn't really nervous, so it was just a nice quiet night.
        Good to hear.

They also removed my right thyroid so we were nervous about vocal chord damage, I had a nodule right against it. Good news is no damage, like you said, I think most of it is due to the tube. I just try to use it too much until my body essentially tells me to shut it
        That's very good news! And at the "body tells me to shut it".
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            *HUGS YOU TIGHT* More surgery is kind of good news, in a way. The earlier you catch these things, the more options there typically are for treatment. *HUGS YOU MOAR*
            Yes, I keep telling myself that. I know it's not so bad in the grand design. Still, it doesn't make me happy.

I'm so sick of the heat and humidity around here. And there's no end in sight. When does fall start?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Yes, I keep telling myself that. I know it's not so bad in the grand design. Still, it doesn't make me happy.
              *MOAR HUGS*

I'm so sick of the heat and humidity around here. And there's no end in sight. When does fall start?
              Ugh, I'm feeling the same way. And we haven't even gotten to the worst temps of the season yet.

Comment

Uh, it's still July. We're on a record number of days above 90.

Fall is evidently coming soon because some stores already have the Halloween candy out. I'm thinking there won't be any trick or treating this year, so they are hoping to sell as much candy as possible.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ugh, I'm feeling the same way. And we haven't even gotten to the worst temps of the season yet.
                  It's not so much the heat as the humidity. I could deal with the heat much better without it.

But OMG, my electricity bill shot up like $100 this past month.

Fall is evidently coming soon because some stores already have the Halloween candy out. I'm thinking there won't be any trick or treating this year, so they are hoping to sell as much candy as possible.
                  Only July....... ugh!!!!! Yeah, we're supposed to be in the 90s for the next few days.

I've seen the Halloween stuff too. And you're right. I can't imagine there will be trick or treating this year.

Comment

It's not so much the heat as the humidity. I could deal with the heat much better without it.

But OMG, my electricity bill shot up like $100 this past month.
                    Our power company has a plan that allows you to pay the same amount each month. That helps a lot with budget planning especially for those of us living on mailbox money. On the other hand, Mr. SR has been watering his flowers outside so our water bill has doubled.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I've seen the Halloween stuff too. And you're right. I can't imagine there will be trick or treating this year.
                      A few of the big theme park Halloween parties (Disneyland and Disney World, Universal, the Queen Mary; I don't think Knotts and Cedar Fair have made it official yet, but it's probably just a matter of time) have already announced they're cancelling their events for this year. A lot of yard/home haunters are still talking about putting up their displays so at least parents can walk/drive their kids by to see the decorations, with various ideas for how to distribute treats; a popular one making the rounds is making up treat bags and yeeting them to the kids from the porch.

Our power company has a plan that allows you to pay the same amount each month. That helps a lot with budget planning especially for those of us living on mailbox money. On the other hand, Mr. SR has been watering his flowers outside so our water bill has doubled.
                      Oh dear...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Spoiler:

I'm so sorry to hear that. You must be exhausted between the mental and physical stress. Glad you are getting a second opinion. I hope you get good news soon!

I saw a fall display at Wal-Mart on a school supply run. I may have bought two tiny buffalo check pumpkins, lol. They were too cute to pass up.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

A few of the big theme park Halloween parties (Disneyland and Disney World, Universal, the Queen Mary; I don't think Knotts and Cedar Fair have made it official yet, but it's probably just a matter of time) have already announced they're cancelling their events for this year. A lot of yard/home haunters are still talking about putting up their displays so at least parents can walk/drive their kids by to see the decorations, with various ideas for how to distribute treats; a popular one making the rounds is making up treat bags and yeeting them to the kids from the porch.

Oh dear...
                          I feel so bad for the younger kiddos. I can already imagine the conversations that will take place this year. Kids asking if Santa can still visit.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that. You must be exhausted between the mental and physical stress. Glad you are getting a second opinion. I hope you get good news soon!

I saw a fall display at Wal-Mart on a school supply run. I may have bought two tiny buffalo check pumpkins, lol. They were too cute to pass up.

I feel so bad for the younger kiddos. I can already imagine the conversations that will take place this year. Kids asking if Santa can still visit.
                            Santa, the elves and the reindeer will all be wearing masks. lol
                            sigpic

Comment

The Sims have taken over my life again...

...which means Kate has burned down the kitchen, electrocuted herself (and died -- not saving a game made it all go away) and broke the computer.

My Teyla!Sim was probably jealous of Kate's electrocution cause she proceeded to get electrocuted while tinkering with the electronics of the jacuzzi. She didn't die -- was luckier.

Anywho...

...summer doesn't look at all good right now as Belgium's covid-cases are going up again. Our bubble of social contacts has been reduced to max 5, and facemasks are mandatory pretty much everywhere (which I was hoping for would be enforced, which it is).

There are a couple of hot spots in the region, and the city where I work is one of them. They have mandated a curfew and made working from home mandatory again. I sincerely hope that my company will follow those rules accordingly. However, I have an inkling I'll be wearing my facemasks a lot in the coming weeks -- all day is going to be hell. I suffer gladly to stay healthy, and I'll just have to tell my colleagues to speak up or maybe just write down what they need cause I have trouble understanding people when I can't see their lips moving (I have excellent hearing, just a brain that plays tricks on it -- it's that whole attention problem).

Also, I haven't forgotten about Elizabeth's lunch date... I had planned on a sequel Friday but I was interrupted.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                The Sims have taken over my life again...

...which means Kate has burned down the kitchen, electrocuted herself (and died -- not saving a game made it all go away) and broke the computer.

My Teyla!Sim was probably jealous of Kate's electrocution cause she proceeded to get electrocuted while tinkering with the electronics of the jacuzzi. She didn't die -- was luckier.

Anywho...

...summer doesn't look at all good right now as Belgium's covid-cases are going up again. Our bubble of social contacts has been reduced to max 5, and facemasks are mandatory pretty much everywhere (which I was hoping for would be enforced, which it is).

There are a couple of hot spots in the region, and the city where I work is one of them. They have mandated a curfew and made working from home mandatory again. I sincerely hope that my company will follow those rules accordingly. However, I have an inkling I'll be wearing my facemasks a lot in the coming weeks -- all day is going to be hell. I suffer gladly to stay healthy, and I'll just have to tell my colleagues to speak up or maybe just write down what they need cause I have trouble understanding people when I can't see their lips moving (I have excellent hearing, just a brain that plays tricks on it -- it's that whole attention problem).

Also, I haven't forgotten about Elizabeth's lunch date... I had planned on a sequel Friday but I was interrupted.
                                Mr. SR and I just got back from our annual physical and came away with lots of info from our doc. First of all, he talked about the virus and how from its structure it can only be manmade, which means that it is not going away.

Secondly, for the first time ever we were told that we are not eating enough. We need more protein. He has a fancy machine that I hate which talks to you and tells you your BMI, % of body fat and all kinds of embarrassing facts. We are both what he calls "skinny fat" which means too much fat but not overweight. So this means we need to eat more and build muscle. Try doing that and stay thin. I think not, but we're willing to give it a go.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X