Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I survived the family 4th of July party. It was hot outside. And then they all got into politics and I was just . But I kept my mouth shut, and said "bless their hearts" inside my head. (SR, that's the phrase right?)
    You got it right and I'm proud of you. It is very very hard for me to keep my mouth shut. Luckily, I haven't been around many people with an opposing political opinion lately. The few on FB I can ignore and just rant to Mr. SR.

I hope that's the case. I like working from home.
    Who wouldn't? My DIL said the only drawback, except for days when the twins are home, is when she has a video conference and has to put on actual clothes and comb her hair. LOL She also said one time when she said goodbye on a call, the twins said "bye bye" also and the person she was talking to thought it was a hoot.

That's true!! Knowing how my old company was about working from home, I can't imagine them allowing it. But like you said, maybe the virus has changed people's minds.
    I think with most companies it has changed their minds even if not willingly. Mr. SR used to complain about his company wanting to see his face at a desk and not trusting people to actually work at home. Now they've been forced and I haven't heard anything about the whole company collapsing in ruins.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I think with most companies it has changed their minds even if not willingly. Mr. SR used to complain about his company wanting to see his face at a desk and not trusting people to actually work at home. Now they've been forced and I haven't heard anything about the whole company collapsing in ruins.
      The excuse of "but it's not possible to work from home with the work you do" is no longer applicable for most of us since we've shown that we're quite capable of doing our jobs from home.

I was already working from home once a week but I have the option of 2 days a week, and as soon as we're going back to normal, I'm definitely thinking about working from home 2 days a week. I don't always use the day(s) that I have before Corona, so it's not always going to happen but I'm definitely going to make more use of it.

I LOVE working from home, over office days.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        The excuse of "but it's not possible to work from home with the work you do" is no longer applicable for most of us since we've shown that we're quite capable of doing our jobs from home.

I was already working from home once a week but I have the option of 2 days a week, and as soon as we're going back to normal, I'm definitely thinking about working from home 2 days a week. I don't always use the day(s) that I have before Corona, so it's not always going to happen but I'm definitely going to make more use of it.

I LOVE working from home, over office days.
        I have a friend who works in the finance office in a college who is going nuts staying home. If you knew her, you would understand because she is very outgoing and needs people to listen to her stories. We introverts don't understand that she is energized by people whereby they exhaust us.

Speaking of two days, the public schools in my county have decided on some bizarre plan for the fall that has kids coming for 2 days a week and then doing online study. Evidently they get to choose when to come and when not. I talked to a mom of 5 on my street who is very confused. The county spent millions on a video learning plan in the Spring that failed miserably, so now they are going to try it again. She also said the teachers are the most upset of all. I can just imagine.
        sigpic

Comment

I have a friend who works in the finance office in a college who is going nuts staying home. If you knew her, you would understand because she is very outgoing and needs people to listen to her stories. We introverts don't understand that she is energized by people whereby they exhaust us.
          Reminds me of the survey our company has us fill in every couple of weeks. One of the reasons many people are happy to be back in the office space is cause the can talk and see colleagues again, and I'm like... "What do you mean I should miss my colleagues?!?" ... "I don't miss seeing my colleagues."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

LOL, extroverts are energy vampires sucking the energy away from introverts. That's why we stay home.

Speaking of two days, the public schools in my county have decided on some bizarre plan for the fall that has kids coming for 2 days a week and then doing online study. Evidently they get to choose when to come and when not. I talked to a mom of 5 on my street who is very confused. The county spent millions on a video learning plan in the Spring that failed miserably, so now they are going to try it again. She also said the teachers are the most upset of all. I can just imagine.
            Eeep, those poor kids. Everyone in school, from the little kids all the way up through college, is getting screwed. I mean, the education system has needed a shakeup for a long time, but this isn't it.

Reminds me of the survey our company has us fill in every couple of weeks. One of the reasons many people are happy to be back in the office space is cause the can talk and see colleagues again, and I'm like... "What do you mean I should miss my colleagues?!?" ... "I don't miss seeing my colleagues."
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Eeep, those poor kids. Everyone in school, from the little kids all the way up through college, is getting screwed. I mean, the education system has needed a shakeup for a long time, but this isn't it.
              The latest is that the union is objecting to the crazy 2 days idea which leads me to believe things will change. I think the NRA is one of the most vile organizations around, but in this case I may agree with them. They always protect bad teachers and make it impossible to fire anyone but never stand up for anyone who doesn't agree with them politically.
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

The latest is that the union is objecting to the crazy 2 days idea which leads me to believe things will change. I think the NRA is one of the most vile organizations around, but in this case I may agree with them. They always protect bad teachers and make it impossible to fire anyone but never stand up for anyone who doesn't agree with them politically.
                Hm, is that the NRA or the NEA? In any event, this is gonna be a wild ride...
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Hm, is that the NRA or the NEA? In any event, this is gonna be a wild ride...
                  LOL NEA of course. The NRA is one of the good guys.
                  sigpic

Comment

So much adulting around here, lol, it kind of sucks some times. I've been trying to get my own self (finances and all the co-mingled accounts of every kind) sorted out as my adulting continues as a singleton.

One bright note- have you been watching Joe's stories on Instagram? Have been seeing A LOT of that handsome man around.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    It's slow going. Getting access to systems takes awhile.

My doctor just called me to say my "atypical" cells are actually "pre-cancer". So now I have to have another MRI, some genetic counseling, and meet with some board. She mentioned I might have to have radiation or take something like tamoxifen. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
                    I'm so sorry to heart that. Sending hugs and good energy vibes.

The dude at the bank was quite positive about our outlooks to get the loan we want.
                    The outcome of the analyses was positive, at least.

The adventure continues...
                    Yay! I'm super excited for you. It will be so worth all the paperwork.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                      It will be so worth all the paperwork.
                      Considering I don't understand a word of what is written on those paperworks, I find it less exciting.
                      Seriously double checked I wasn't just selling my soul to the devil earlier when I signed the official loan-contract. You can never be too careful.

In other news, my sister dropped the news to my neighbor when he was discussing the anual clean-up, which this year is postponed to September and won't be with a BBQ at the end. He then proceeded to exchange that piece of information with the downstairs neighbor, who is the kind of person you don't tell a secret to if you hope it to remain a secret for as long as possible cause when he knows something, the whole street will know about it in the time it takes you to blink.

She kindly asked him to NOT tell the others, and most certainly NOT tell our current landlord... not until the fat lady sings at least.

Comment

In other news, my sister dropped the news to my neighbor when he was discussing the anual clean-up, which this year is postponed to September and won't be with a BBQ at the end. He then proceeded to exchange that piece of information with the downstairs neighbor, who is the kind of person you don't tell a secret to if you hope it to remain a secret for as long as possible cause when he knows something, the whole street will know about it in the time it takes you to blink.

She kindly asked him to NOT tell the others, and most certainly NOT tell our current landlord... not until the fat lady sings at least.
                        We all have a neighbor like that. Ours is a guy who owns a motorcycle shop and on weekends very large trucks come into the cul-de-sac and load and unload bikes and spill oil. I think they go to races or something but am not sure why they have to come to his house. I'm surprised the HOA has not had words with him but I'm not gonna tattle. He's a very nice guy who actually paid for the neighborhood fireworks so we let it slide.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

LOL NEA of course. The NRA is one of the good guys.

So much adulting around here, lol, it kind of sucks some times. I've been trying to get my own self (finances and all the co-mingled accounts of every kind) sorted out as my adulting continues as a singleton.

One bright note- have you been watching Joe's stories on Instagram? Have been seeing A LOT of that handsome man around.
                          Yep. He's looking darn good.

Considering I don't understand a word of what is written on those paperworks, I find it less exciting.
                          Seriously double checked I wasn't just selling my soul to the devil earlier when I signed the official loan-contract. You can never be too careful.

Whoops! There goes that plan!

We all have a neighbor like that. Ours is a guy who owns a motorcycle shop and on weekends very large trucks come into the cul-de-sac and load and unload bikes and spill oil. I think they go to races or something but am not sure why they have to come to his house. I'm surprised the HOA has not had words with him but I'm not gonna tattle. He's a very nice guy who actually paid for the neighborhood fireworks so we let it slide.
                          Heh! That'll do it.

Speaking of fireworks, can you imagine the show they must put on in Atlantis? BOOM!

Comment

Ugh. Yes, news spreads like wildfire in my neighborhood, good and bad.

That is nice. I think my neighbors are that way. I'm sure we all have a quirk that irritates the others, but we all have our ways of making up for it. Just like a work family. Slightly malfunctional but what can you do, lol.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Yep. He's looking darn good.

Whoops! There goes that plan!

Heh! That'll do it.

Speaking of fireworks, can you imagine the show they must put on in Atlantis? BOOM!
                            So many visions jumped into my head. Shep with a welding torch to light the fireworks while Rodney and Zelenka call him an amateur with their hand crafted computer operated launching system. Elizabeth hiding her smile by taking a sip of the wine hidden in her coffee cup.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

That would be Lieutenant Cadman's speciality -- big explosions.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

So many visions jumped into my head. Shep with a welding torch to light the fireworks while Rodney and Zelenka call him an amateur with their hand crafted computer operated launching system. Elizabeth hiding her smile by taking a sip of the wine hidden in her coffee cup.
                                Then there's Caldwell trying to one-up everyone with a show launched from the Daedalus, with the 302 squadron trailing sparklers...

That would be Lieutenant Cadman's speciality -- big explosions.
                                Yep! She and Lorne team up with dueling shoulder-held rocket launchers.

In the meantime, Teyla and Ronon are just standing their shaking their heads at yet another example of How The Earth Humans Are CRAZY.

Comment

Working...
                                X