No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna watch that video today, cause yesterday turned out busier than I thought, especially since I spend a few hours waiting on a file that was uploaded to the server but I kept looking in the wrong place for it so I thought the print group forgot about it.

Had a bit of a facepalm-moment when my colleague send me a screenshot of the folder... I'm just glad she didn't use a red circle and big arrow to make it even more obvious I need to read the instructions before leaping into something new.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    I keep hearing McKay in my head too muttering about how the scientists are expected to save the day once again. I really hope ours can figure something out.
    I think the pressure they're under to produce results is gruelling right now. I mean, we're all sorta depending on them giving us a future of some normalcy.

I mean, have you tried making your own facemasks... it's hit-and-miss.

That is super thoughtful! I haven't read any of his besides Good Omens. Let me know what you think. I counted up my April reads and it was 18 books. Escapism at it's finest
    I'll keep you posted.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    From some of the things I've been hearing lately, I think the scientists may be at the "When all else fails, manipulate the data" stage.
    I'd rather they didn't let the pressure get to them, and that they do their jobs to the best of their abilities.

We can hang in there a little longer... We'll adapt.

My DIL's company is doing work from home until October. Fine for her but what about the people who clean the building, security guards and others who do maintenance? No job for them. Plus people like daycare workers, house cleaners, etc.
    For us it'll probably be until the end of the year.

However, from the 18th of May onwards, depending on the results of the coming week as far as infection rates go (we're slowly re-opening the country), we'll be expected to work at least 1 day at the office though with respect to all safety and health measures in place, and only 50% of the people in place so that distance can be maintained at all times.

Our offices are open still, and cleaning are still cleaning the place every weekday.
    Security guards are still working too.

Daycare workers are essential personnel over here.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

However, from the 18th of May onwards, depending on the results of the coming week as far as infection rates go (we're slowly re-opening the country), we'll be expected to work at least 1 day at the office though with respect to all safety and health measures in place, and only 50% of the people in place so that distance can be maintained at all times.

Our offices are open still, and cleaning are still cleaning the place every weekday.
      Security guards are still working too.

Daycare workers are essential personnel over here.
      My state is now closed until the end of next week for sure before we start to reopen. Most offices here are not open along with stores of all kinds. SR Jr's work told them not to come into the building at all costs. Driving to the store yesterday, I passed tons of small shopping areas with empty parking lots. Movies and all other entertainment venues are closed along with all services such as hair salons and anything not considered essential.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

As of Sunday the 10th we are allowed to invite up to 4 people to visit, however it always have to be the same people.

So, we can finally drive home to Dad, or he can come over here.

On the 11th most stores are allowed to open again, but only 1 customer for every 10 square meters so most shops will only have room for 1 customer at the time.

Covering nose and mouth is mandatory and so is maintaining social distancing.

In other news, this day has gone from moderate to "I need to punch something now"... company decided to fire my colleague who's been absent due to burnout since September, and who has been ready to come back to work since February but whom our teamlead's been blocking coming back. I am so angry right now, I could shoot a whole Wraith hive to kingdom come.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

From some of the things I've been hearing lately, I think the scientists may be at the "When all else fails, manipulate the data" stage.

There was almost no meat at Safeway also, and when I got home I heard reports on TV about the meat shortage. I guess we can live on pasta and sauce but there wasn't a lot of that on the shelves either. Thank God for my bodega in the basement.
          Yeah, our Walmart was cleaned out of meat. Costco had plenty, but the variety of cuts was limited. Our local markets out here still seem to be getting in a good selection for now. Welp, as long as we can get ground meat, there's always meatloaf. And we've got our laundry room bodega.

We're still under lockdown until the 31st, with a few modified openings, though certain counties with small populations and a low number of cases can apply to go to the next phase of reopening now. Surprise surprise, our county wasn't included on that list even though we fit all the criteria.

In other news, this day has gone from moderate to "I need to punch something now"... company decided to fire my colleague who's been absent due to burnout since September, and who has been ready to come back to work since February but whom our teamlead's been blocking coming back. I am so angry right now, I could shoot a whole Wraith hive to kingdom come.
          That's terrible! Your teamlead is a jerk!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I was trying to remember something McKay said and googled best SGA quotes. It made my day to spend a few minutes of my lunch break scrolling through some of their best hits. I highly recommend it for a pick me up if needed. I've been so blah this week, I need all the help I can get. Winning smile of the day was- J: "All right, so no head knocking. E (smiling slightly): "It's the thought that counts."

As of Sunday the 10th we are allowed to invite up to 4 people to visit, however it always have to be the same people.

So, we can finally drive home to Dad, or he can come over here.

On the 11th most stores are allowed to open again, but only 1 customer for every 10 square meters so most shops will only have room for 1 customer at the time.

Covering nose and mouth is mandatory and so is maintaining social distancing.

Hopefully kharma will catch up with that team lead. Of all the times to be an a$$.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Yeah, our Walmart was cleaned out of meat. Costco had plenty, but the variety of cuts was limited. Our local markets out here still seem to be getting in a good selection for now. Welp, as long as we can get ground meat, there's always meatloaf. And we've got our laundry room bodega.

We're still under lockdown until the 31st, with a few modified openings, though certain counties with small populations and a low number of cases can apply to go to the next phase of reopening now. Surprise surprise, our county wasn't included on that list even though we fit all the criteria.

That's terrible! Your teamlead is a jerk!
            My state is now closed until the end of next week for sure before we start to reopen. Most offices here are not open along with stores of all kinds. SR Jr's work told them not to come into the building at all costs. Driving to the store yesterday, I passed tons of small shopping areas with empty parking lots. Movies and all other entertainment venues are closed along with all services such as hair salons and anything not considered essential.
            Our store's meat departments are lean. One week I'll find the chicken I want, the next week I'll find the beef. It's been averaging out just fine, but I've been increasing shrimp, fish, and the specialty sausages into the routine. I have a laundry room bodega too which helps. Tonight will be a great night for soup- temperature drop was crazy. I am COLD.

I think my state is one of the ones on the naughty list for cell phone activity tracking. I went out this morning for groceries and traffic was normal and I was in the minority as a face mask wearer. So few people have been impacted (sick) by the virus, I think most just don't think it's a big deal or feel that it's a NYC area kind of problem. Pretty crazy.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I was trying to remember something McKay said and googled best SGA quotes. It made my day to spend a few minutes of my lunch break scrolling through some of their best hits. I highly recommend it for a pick me up if needed. I've been so blah this week, I need all the help I can get. Winning smile of the day was- J: "All right, so no head knocking. E (smiling slightly): "It's the thought that counts."
              Heeheehee! Love it!

Our store's meat departments are lean. One week I'll find the chicken I want, the next week I'll find the beef. It's been averaging out just fine, but I've been increasing shrimp, fish, and the specialty sausages into the routine. I have a laundry room bodega too which helps. Tonight will be a great night for soup- temperature drop was crazy. I am COLD.
              Interesting observation about the fish, it seems that a lot of people are gravitating toward it as the fresh stuff is still so plentiful. We've always eaten a lot of it anyway, so it's just business as usual for us.

It's getting warmer out here, we're supposed to have a bit of a heat wave this weekend. Time for salad for dinner!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Interesting observation about the fish, it seems that a lot of people are gravitating toward it as the fresh stuff is still so plentiful. We've always eaten a lot of it anyway, so it's just business as usual for us.

It's getting warmer out here, we're supposed to have a bit of a heat wave this weekend. Time for salad for dinner!
                The seafood department in my store was closed down on Tuesday, but you people who live near the water are luckier I guess.

Warm? What is this of which you speak? We have a frost warning for the weekend with snow in the mountains.
                sigpic

Comment

Our rules to meet people will become less strict as of Sunday, but the preference of meeting people -- the same 4 people at maximum -- is outside on a balcony or in a garden. Okay cool -- it's gonna rain on Sunday.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

The seafood department in my store was closed down on Tuesday, but you people who live near the water are luckier I guess.

Warm? What is this of which you speak? We have a frost warning for the weekend with snow in the mountains.
                    Yeah, a lot of the country's seafood comes through the PNW, so that's probably it.

Eeek, I heard the East Coast is getting a polar vortex this weekend. Brrrr!

Our rules to meet people will become less strict as of Sunday, but the preference of meeting people -- the same 4 people at maximum -- is outside on a balcony or in a garden. Okay cool -- it's gonna rain on Sunday.
                    LOL, how timely!

Comment

It's freezing! My brain is not happy. I had to cover the only two plants I'd been brave enough to plant, silly me. I also had to drive across town in the foggy rain to pick up new patio cushions. Instead of drinking a hot mug of tea or sipping soup, I am now drinking orange juice read screwdriver and eating double stuff Oreos. I figured I'd try the whole sanity thing again tomorrow. It's not working for me today.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Yeah, there's a chance (slim chance) to have snow here. Which would be crazy. But what isn't in the year 2020?

Oh, and FH, your teamlead is a jerkface!!

Comment

It's freezing! My brain is not happy. I had to cover the only two plants I'd been brave enough to plant, silly me. I also had to drive across town in the foggy rain to pick up new patio cushions. Instead of drinking a hot mug of tea or sipping soup, I am now drinking orange juice read screwdriver and eating double stuff Oreos. I figured I'd try the whole sanity thing again tomorrow. It's not working for me today.
                          It was carrot cake and chocolate peanut butter pie Oreos for us this week. Plus a bit of salted caramel ice cream. We may have to stay home but we don't have to suffer.

Every year I silently warn all the people lined up at the nursery to buy the lovely spring flowers to wait until May. They never listen. This year I may have to wait until June to get my hanging baskets for the deck.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

*sends warm weather vibes to everyone on the East Coast*

Comment

We did end up having a few snow showers. Nothing that stuck, but enough to get us into the record books.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                We did end up having a few snow showers. Nothing that stuck, but enough to get us into the record books.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
                                I see your state is going to reopen. Congrats. We've still got at least a week before anything changes. I'm going to miss my dentist appointment and my hair is beyond repair at this point.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X