Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Just normal breakfast and brunch items, with a little Star Wars twist.

The Star Wars Cookbook: BB-Ate: Awaken to the Force of Breakfast and Brunch

My GoT cookbook has regular ingredients, made in the GoT way so venison, lamb, buttercakes, lemoncakes... all there, nothing special.

A Feast of Ice and Fire: The Official Game of Thrones Companion Cookbook
    Yeah, that's the one he has. I did ask him about that, and he said that one of the recipes is for aurochs, which are extinct in real life.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      Yeah, that's the one he has. I did ask him about that, and he said that one of the recipes is for aurochs, which are extinct in real life.
      I see that book as something they cooked, like, in the middle ages so we have to substitute a bit for ingredients that are similar in taste or structure.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Oh my gosh, right? My first thought was I have to have it, but I have concerns. I'm going to see if I can see the table on contents online and if it has blue milk I'm out, lol. (Nah, it'd probably take more than that to deter me). I do have a friend who has mailed me a Sopranos cookbook because she is off carbs. Can't wait to see the hearty food it's sure to include.

SR and SK have me curious now. I need to do some research on the organizing. I print out online recipes and stick them in a binder, but I've tons bookmarked or saved in a Facebook or Pinterest file that may never see the light of day. It's just cumbersome at times and sometimes it's just nice to flip through something tangible.

It is a good thing I've upped my walking since quarantine. So far my weight has held steady and I have not been counting calories or been very good about the balance of healthy vs calorie dense.
        I like the ease of flipping through a book also. For recipes I use often that I have cut from magazines, I put them in a loose leaf photo album. Then you can pull out the sheet and clip it up in the kitchen to use as you cook. I have one for desserts and one for everything else. You can also add pages as needed.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Not surprising, but they have postponed the Chicago Stargate convention. It was for late June, no new date yet confirmed. I'm glad they did it. I wouldn't have been comfortable traveling in June, but am still kind of bummed.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I like the ease of flipping through a book also. For recipes I use often that I have cut from magazines, I put them in a loose leaf photo album. Then you can pull out the sheet and clip it up in the kitchen to use as you cook. I have one for desserts and one for everything else. You can also add pages as needed.
          Good idea. I might put together a collection of my travel favorites, the foods I look forward to eating to the places I was meant to visit this year. The Chicago selection would include Braciole, pasta, steak, Lemon pancakes, Chicago style hot dog, deep dish pizza, adult milkshakes. Probably more favorites I'm forgetting. I'll have to think on the other cities, but it might be a fun way to complement my armchair traveling. Anyone know how to make macaroons, lol? YouTube here I come.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

SR and SK have me curious now. I need to do some research on the organizing. I print out online recipes and stick them in a binder, but I've tons bookmarked or saved in a Facebook or Pinterest file that may never see the light of day. It's just cumbersome at times and sometimes it's just nice to flip through something tangible.
            Honestly, I rather like flipping through a book as well. There's just something about feeling the pages slip through your fingers. But having the iPad takes up a lot less space.

Anyway, for those interested, here's the deets on the app I use, Paprika: http://www.paprikaapp.com

Not surprising, but they have postponed the Chicago Stargate convention. It was for late June, no new date yet confirmed. I'm glad they did it. I wouldn't have been comfortable traveling in June, but am still kind of bummed.
            Yeah, pretty much everything has either been postponed until later in the year or outright cancelled until next year. I feel so bad for all the vendors who depend on the income from at-show sales, and I wonder how many of them will even still be in business next year.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope everyone's been having a Happy Canon Monday!

Early morning for me today, as we ventured into the terrifying wilds of the Plaguemainland to raid the villages! Managed to get nearly everything on our list of loot to bring back, and am now very very tired.

Comment

My sneaky colleague is sneaky... she asked me to do two things, read a book and listen to a musical. Mentioned some Terry Pratchett which I mentioned I didn't have in my collection (except for Good Omens). Just got 2 Pratchett books delivered in the mail.

Comment

My sneaky colleague is sneaky... she asked me to do two things, read a book and listen to a musical. Mentioned some Terry Pratchett which I mentioned I didn't have in my collection (except for Good Omens). Just got 2 Pratchett books delivered in the mail.
                      Have you seen this? It's just a hoot. https://www.cbr.com/good-omens-lockd...tennant-sheen/
                      sigpic

Comment

Have you seen this? It's just a hoot. https://www.cbr.com/good-omens-lockd...tennant-sheen/
                        Haven't seen it yet... but I got time this afternoon -- work is sloooooooow.

I saw that they did that for the 30th anniversary of the book.
                        Sheen and Tennant are awesome.

Comment

Haven't seen it yet... but I got time this afternoon -- work is sloooooooow.

I saw that they did that for the 30th anniversary of the book.
                          Sheen and Tennant are awesome.
                          I saw that too. Love them. Love Terry Pratchett.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Honestly, I rather like flipping through a book as well. There's just something about feeling the pages slip through your fingers. But having the iPad takes up a lot less space.

Anyway, for those interested, here's the deets on the app I use, Paprika: http://www.paprikaapp.com

Yeah, pretty much everything has either been postponed until later in the year or outright cancelled until next year. I feel so bad for all the vendors who depend on the income from at-show sales, and I wonder how many of them will even still be in business next year.
                            I'll check out the app. I need a new iPad, mine is old. It is crap for anything but reading books. I can't even download the Disney Plus app on it. I'd been planning to buy one this spring, I've been saving random gifts of money from birthday and Christmas (so I don't feel as guilty about buying something for myself), but now it seems more prudent to hang onto that cash.

I feel terrible for the vendors. I have a family member who does the big arts/craft show circuit and usually makes more money from that than they do their day job. Such a nightmare. Speaking of which, I had a dream where all the Stargate docs and scientists tackled Covid 19, but instead of the standard pull a miracle out of the A$$ within 60-120 minute episode arc it was like the SG1 Unending epp where it took them 50 years to figure a problem out.

I keep hearing McKay in my head too muttering about how the scientists are expected to save the day once again. I really hope ours can figure something out.

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope everyone's been having a Happy Canon Monday!

Early morning for me today, as we ventured into the terrifying wilds of the Plaguemainland to raid the villages! Managed to get nearly everything on our list of loot to bring back, and am now very very tired.
                            Cheers to a successful raid. I've been pleased how quiet our stores still seem to be with out state being one of the first to open things back up. Still avoiding Wal-Mart though, that place is dangerous at the best of times.

That is super thoughtful! I haven't read any of his besides Good Omens. Let me know what you think. I counted up my April reads and it was 18 books. Escapism at it's finest
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I'll check out the app. I need a new iPad, mine is old. It is crap for anything but reading books. I can't even download the Disney Plus app on it. I'd been planning to buy one this spring, I've been saving random gifts of money from birthday and Christmas (so I don't feel as guilty about buying something for myself), but now it seems more prudent to hang onto that cash.
                              Yeah, I'm still running an iPad 2; I basically use it for Paprika, reading ebooks and fic, and occasionally playing on Twitter and Tumblr. I suppose I probably won't get a new one until this one crashes and burns.

I feel terrible for the vendors. I have a family member who does the big arts/craft show circuit and usually makes more money from that than they do their day job. Such a nightmare. Speaking of which, I had a dream where all the Stargate docs and scientists tackled Covid 19, but instead of the standard pull a miracle out of the A$$ within 60-120 minute episode arc it was like the SG1 Unending epp where it took them 50 years to figure a problem out.

I keep hearing McKay in my head too muttering about how the scientists are expected to save the day once again. I really hope ours can figure something out.
                              *virtual hugs to your family member*

OMG the Stargate dream.

Cheers to a successful raid. I've been pleased how quiet our stores still seem to be with out state being one of the first to open things back up. Still avoiding Wal-Mart though, that place is dangerous at the best of times.
                              Our Walmart actually wasn't too bad. Having to go one way through the aisles was annoying though. Costco, despite the line outside, was far less of a zoo than I had feared. Zoomed through there like usual. Same with Target.

And all of the stores are out of beef soups. All we found on the shelves were multiple variations of chicken noodle, and some veggie soups.

Comment

From some of the things I've been hearing lately, I think the scientists may be at the "When all else fails, manipulate the data" stage.

Our Walmart actually wasn't too bad. Having to go one way through the aisles was annoying though. Costco, despite the line outside, was far less of a zoo than I had feared. Zoomed through there like usual. Same with Target.

And all of the stores are out of beef soups. All we found on the shelves were multiple variations of chicken noodle, and some veggie soups.
                                I avoid Walmart at all costs here, but for some odd reason the one near my brother in NC is great. So we save up and blitz it when we go visit him.

I went to Safeway today and all the way over there and back I saw dozens of runners, walkers, dog walkers, bikers and people waiting for buses. Only one was wearing a mask. Oddly enough, a lady in a car next to me was wearing a mask and gloves. Yet in the store, everyone was masked. One lady was even wearing a face shield. I am having mixed feelings about the effectiveness of this whole business. Plus I'm concerned for all those without jobs.

My DIL's company is doing work from home until October. Fine for her but what about the people who clean the building, security guards and others who do maintenance? No job for them. Plus people like daycare workers, house cleaners, etc.

There was almost no meat at Safeway also, and when I got home I heard reports on TV about the meat shortage. I guess we can live on pasta and sauce but there wasn't a lot of that on the shelves either. Thank God for my bodega in the basement.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X