No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Why am I not surprised that CA would come up with that idea? Hopefully they know what poison ivy looks like. Personally I think the newspaper itself would make a great substitute for TP. I found TP this week and bought some even though I don't need it because you never know.
    Heh, actually, a couple of them were apparently plants that were used by settlers and cowboys back before TP was invented. So, history lesson, I guess. Dunno about newspaper itself, though. Might be kinda stiff. And of course the ink gets everywhere...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Okay, I needed that laugh. That is funny.
    I think we all needed it.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    She teaches 8-9 year olds so it's better she tests, curses and grumbles having us on the other side than a bunch of kids in her class.
    Definitely a good idea...

Tell me about it. I hate the mask. Mr. SR had some N95 masks that he got from Home Depot to wear when doing yard work, but they are too stiff and very uncomfortable for me. I don't know how people stand them. And watch out if your nose runs.
    Or wear glasses...
    Or have sensitive skin that goes nuclear with any minor irritation...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I had to go inside the grocery store today and two lovely people (they were so not lovely) without masks left about one inch of space between them and me in line as I was paying (no one else was in line) and started kissing. I was dumbstruck. The cashier nervously laughed and teased them about Covid kissing.

It wasn't even Walmart.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that I'm not immune to feeling alone.

I always thought that I could better cope with something like this because of my autistic/introvert nature, but even I have to admit that I'm starting to feel constrained within these 4 walls. My sister and I, both, are relatively well at ease in lonely situations but we've started to notice in the past few days that we too are starting to feel the long-term effects of having to stay put.

A funny thing happened to me a week ago, though... in terms of having to stay put.

I got a text message from someone asking me how I was doing. The number was unknown to me so I reply, "I'm good but who are you?". I get a message back from them telling me their name is Jef, but the only one I know is the car repair man who keeps my winter tires in stock and his number I know. So, I reply "Jef who?" and I get a text back telling me that it's Jef from a group called Active.

I'm already at the part where I figured out this guy has texted the wrong number so I reply to him that I think he got the wrong number and I don't know of any such group.

Sidenote: I did by accident know of the group because there had been an article in the paper about them. They are a group of single people, mostly between the age of 50 and 70, who spend time together doing things together. A way for these people to keep in touch with each other and others and not go it alone.

He realizes his mistake and apologizes but I'm okay cause I just had the best laugh with his mix-up.
      And that's that.

Then on sunday, I got another text message from him, wishing me a happy easter. Wished him a happy easter back.
      Thought it was nice. Didn't expect to hear from him again after his miss, but definitely gave me a good chuckle.
      You know I saw something on that, how people assumed introverts or those on the spectrum would handle this better and how that assumption was wrong. We're all living in a way we'd never had considered normal and we are all feeling the hits in our own ways. I'm glad you have your sister with you. BTW, can you give Jef my number, lol? He sounds like a good one.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Yeah, I've stopped watching the news except for checking the weather. Much better that way.

Hey, do you get Comet TV in your area? They've just started rerunning BSG; they also have SG1 and had SGA on for a while. You can also get them streaming; it's totally free (they have commercials, which is what's paying for it).
      Whaaat? Going to investigate right now. I'm totally reinstating Sci fi Friday if so.

Why are people being so incredibly stupid (at least here in the US)? People going out to protest in large groups? Protesting is a great American tradition, but dude.... in large groups, without face masks... how is that a good idea?

There's got to be other ways to protest.

I think I need to follow SK's ways, and stop the news for awhile.
      Did you see the meme where everyone is comparing the photo of the protesters with their faces pushed against the door to Shaun of the Dead? All the zombie means I've seen this week have had protester images in them.

I have also seriously limited my exposure to the "news." I don't know who to believe anymore, but I definitely know who not to believe so I'm just staying informed and skipping the yelling.
      I'm still limiting. I do try to watch the President talk every day for at least a few minutes. Otherwise I'd never believe the soundbites I hear on the news.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I had a stupid moment today (I'd call it a blond moment, but my highlights have grown out too much for anyone to believe I'm blond anymore). I had to go to the drug store to pick up one item. I went through my coupons and I was excited cause I had some really big deals (30% off whole order, 35% off top item, $3 and $5 off individual items). So I bought all this stuff, and I did make out really well. You can probably see where this is going.... I forgot to get the one I went there for in the first place! I refuse to go back, so I'll just do without it.

Tell me about it. I hate the mask. Mr. SR had some N95 masks that he got from Home Depot to wear when doing yard work, but they are too stiff and very uncomfortable for me. I don't know how people stand them. And watch out if your nose runs.
        Yeah, I don't know how people are wearing them all day. I guess you do what you have to do....

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        I had to go inside the grocery store today and two lovely people (they were so not lovely) without masks left about one inch of space between them and me in line as I was paying (no one else was in line) and started kissing. I was dumbstruck. The cashier nervously laughed and teased them about Covid kissing.

It wasn't even Walmart.
        What is WRONG with people?

(And "it wasn't even Walmart"... that made me Yes, here too, Walmart does tend to bring out a certain type.)

Did you see the meme where everyone is comparing the photo of the protesters with their faces pushed against the door to Shaun of the Dead? All the zombie means I've seen this week have had protester images in them.
        No, I haven't. I'll have to go look for it. That sounds funny.

I'm still limiting. I do try to watch the President talk every day for at least a few minutes. Otherwise I'd never believe the soundbites I hear on the news.
        I can't listen to him for more than a minute or two. I've found it's dangerous for my mental health.

Comment

Same here. It's gotten to be like "who are you going to believe, us or your own two eyes" if you listen to the mainstream news, so the only way to know what is really happening is to listen to the daily briefings from the people who are actually making things happen.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And it's snowing here right now. On April 18th.

Luckily it won't stay for long.

Comment

I do try to watch the President talk every day for at least a few minutes. Otherwise I'd never believe the soundbites I hear on the news.
              Thoughts and prayers for your braincells.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

It wasn't even Walmart.
                *snorts* I suppose they're probably living together, so they're a social cocoon, if you will, but still...

You know I saw something on that, how people assumed introverts or those on the spectrum would handle this better and how that assumption was wrong. We're all living in a way we'd never had considered normal and we are all feeling the hits in our own ways.
                I think that's true. It's just not natural for people to be cooped up like this for so long, even those of us who prefer flying solo.

Whaaat? Going to investigate right now. I'm totally reinstating Sci fi Friday if so.
                Heck, Sci fi everyday for these guys.

Same here. It's gotten to be like "who are you going to believe, us or your own two eyes" if you listen to the mainstream news, so the only way to know what is really happening is to listen to the daily briefings from the people who are actually making things happen.
                Precisely. Heck, I've watched all three major networks' national news back to back on more than one occasion even before all this started, and it's like they exchange notes before they broadcast, they all say the same thing in the same way. Creepy.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

I'm afraid I have to declare this day as cancelled.

Earlier today I nearly put an empty coffee cup in the oven instead of the dishwasher. And I'm currently hiding in the couch underneath a fleece blanket (like totally underneath it -- tent-like), about to watch some Sarah Jane Adventure (it's been 9 years since Elisabeth Sladen passed away). Lockdown is getting to me again... me thinks.

Comment

Snow! It was kind of cold here. I was glad I still had my sweaters and flannels in my closet. I did have a facebook memory pop up from April 16th two years ago where I'd posted about my neighbor mowing while it was snowing.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I think that's true. It's just not natural for people to be cooped up like this for so long, even those of us who prefer flying solo.

Heck, Sci fi everyday for these guys.
                      My state isn't that restrictive per say, but all the state and national parks are closed. Boat ramps are closed. I can go drive around and look at scenery and all, but I'm getting that claustrophobic feeling in that I just can't run. Can't jump on a plane, can't drive to the beach, can't escape. I don't need to escape, home is a safe and comfortable place, but I have that uneasy kind of trapped feeling, if it makes any sense. I think I am "tamed" to domestic life, but only a sane tamed knowing I get my solo trips to be me without compromise and I miss those little breaks.

I'm reading A LOT. Armchair traveling. It's just not the same.

Also, SyFy is having a Battlestar Gallactica marathon today. Sci fi all day! I need to work on the every day. My kiddo is on a HGTV kick and I am losing my mind, lol.

Earlier today I nearly put an empty coffee cup in the oven instead of the dishwasher. And I'm currently hiding in the couch underneath a fleece blanket (like totally underneath it -- tent-like), about to watch some Sarah Jane Adventure (it's been 9 years since Elisabeth Sladen passed away). Lockdown is getting to me again... me thinks.
                      Thanks for the prayers for my braincells. I told a friend that I was watching the news and something someone said actually sounded reasonable. I was then concerned about the state of my sanity. Also, I found two leftover cheeseburgers in a container in my Tupperware cupboard.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

*sends virtual hugs*

My state isn't that restrictive per say, but all the state and national parks are closed. Boat ramps are closed. I can go drive around and look at scenery and all, but I'm getting that claustrophobic feeling in that I just can't run. Can't jump on a plane, can't drive to the beach, can't escape. I don't need to escape, home is a safe and comfortable place, but I have that uneasy kind of trapped feeling, if it makes any sense. I think I am "tamed" to domestic life, but only a sane tamed knowing I get my solo trips to be me without compromise and I miss those little breaks.

I'm reading A LOT. Armchair traveling. It's just not the same.
                        Exactly. It's just...a weird feeling.

Also, SyFy is having a Battlestar Gallactica marathon today. Sci fi all day! I need to work on the every day. My kiddo is on a HGTV kick and I am losing my mind, lol.
                        Yep, got the SyFy marathon on right now; they're running the entire series, wraps up early Thursday morning. So say we all!

My condolences on your kiddo and the HGTV kick.

Thanks for the prayers for my braincells. I told a friend that I was watching the news and something someone said actually sounded reasonable. I was then concerned about the state of my sanity. Also, I found two leftover cheeseburgers in a container in my Tupperware cupboard.
                        Oh dear...do we even want to know how long those cheeseburgers have been there?

Comment

Oh dear...do we even want to know how long those cheeseburgers have been there?
                          She'll just say it was a science experiment...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

She'll just say it was a science experiment...
                            Heheheh...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Heheheh...
                              I found it at night, leftovers from lunch so nothing terribly gross, just funny as heck. The kiddo has no memory of doing it, however this is the same teen who was making cookies and cracked an egg into the trash instead of the mixing bowl as I watched. This thing is taking a toll in very odd ways, lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

...this is the same teen who was making cookies and cracked an egg into the trash instead of the mixing bowl as I watched. This thing is taking a toll in very odd ways, lol.
                                LOL!!

That's something I would do in a heartbeat without even realizing it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X