Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Never watched it cause Mallozzi ended up on my black list... but since a year or two he's worked himself into my favors again (certain things I can't forgive him obviously) so maybe I'll give it a go... some day...
    I watched the first season but lost interest in S2. None of the characters were very likeable.

I don't know what to think about this, but Mr. SR went up to the mailbox earlier and our neighbors were having a birthday party. WTH? He said about 20 people were gathered out in front of the house and they were not keeping a good distance. The birthday seems to be for their teenage daughter. Now excuse me, but can we not just say no? I don't agree with those who are tattling on others but this just lacks common sense.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hmm, interesting indeed. One of these days I may have to check that out.
      I thought it was mostly a fun show, and I was really disappointed when it was cancelled, but if you do watch it, it's worth keeping in mind it seems to have many of the hallmarks of Mallozzi's work on Stargate Atlantis, good and bad. So be prepared.

As I watched it, I remember realizing I feel the same frustration as I did during SGA when they would introduce a really interesting arc, but then maddeningly send most of the season on episodic stories instead of developing the most interesting aspects of the show, besides a few big episodes. It also had a less than stable cast of characters.

It's likely that how much you enjoy it will depend on how much you like the characters.
      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 11 April 2020, 06:52 PM.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        Hey the Dark Matter names are active now!

Interestingly today, Mallozzi tweeted that Torri's Dark Matter character was originally meant to die, but she ended up surviving and becoming a favorite because Torri had a scheduling conflcit. Torri then tweeted that she really enjoyed playing the character.
        I'm too much of a bitter person to ever watch anything from Mallozzi ever again. Besides, I never believe a word he says. He's lied too many times. Or to be a little nicer, he says whatever is convenient to him at the time.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I watched the first season but lost interest in S2. None of the characters were very likeable.

I don't know what to think about this, but Mr. SR went up to the mailbox earlier and our neighbors were having a birthday party. WTH? He said about 20 people were gathered out in front of the house and they were not keeping a good distance. The birthday seems to be for their teenage daughter. Now excuse me, but can we not just say no? I don't agree with those who are tattling on others but this just lacks common sense.
        WTH???!?!?! Are you kidding me? What idiots!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and Happy Easter!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I'm too much of a bitter person to ever watch anything from Mallozzi ever again. Besides, I never believe a word he says. He's lied too many times. Or to be a little nicer, he says whatever is convenient to him at the time.

I thought it was mostly a fun show, and I was really disappointed when it was cancelled, but if you do watch it, it's worth keeping in mind it seems to have many of the hallmarks of Mallozzi's work on Stargate Atlantis, good and bad. So be prepared.

As I watched it, I remember realizing I feel the same frustration as I did during SGA when they would introduce a really interesting arc, but then maddeningly send most of the season on episodic stories instead of developing the most interesting aspects of the show, besides a few big episodes. It also had a less than stable cast of characters.

It's likely that how much you enjoy it will depend on how much you like the characters.
          That's what I was afraid of, and that's why I've been hesitant to check it out. I've been through too many fandoms with unfulfilled promises lately.

*headdesk* Ugh, these stupid, stupid sheeple!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's those stupid sheeple who'll be in the hospital 2 weeks from now, gasping for breath... Or will have affected others unknowingly. I would take no issue calling the cops on them for breaking the social distancing rules. Heck, plenty of times we had to call the cops for noise complaints when students were overdoing it.

Students are no longer a problem here -- with the closing of the universities, there are very few around and they're all playing by the rules those who are.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's those stupid sheeple who'll be in the hospital 2 weeks from now, gasping for breath... Or will have affected others unknowingly. I would take no issue calling the cops on them for breaking the social distancing rules. Heck, plenty of times we had to call the cops for noise complaints when students were overdoing it.

Students are no longer a problem here -- with the closing of the universities, there are very few around and they're all playing by the rules those who are.
              Evidently it was a group of teenagers whose parents had driven them over here to wish happy birthday to the girl up the street. Fine if you don't get out of your cars but they were in a group on the sidewalk. And her dad is an FBI agent. You would think he'd know better. Unbelievable. I hope they didn't spread the virus among the group and then take it home to someone who is vulnerable.
              sigpic

Comment

Evidently it was a group of teenagers whose parents had driven them over here to wish happy birthday to the girl up the street. Fine if you don't get out of your cars but they were in a group on the sidewalk. And her dad is an FBI agent. You would think he'd know better. Unbelievable. I hope they didn't spread the virus among the group and then take it home to someone who is vulnerable.
                Worse that the parents couldn't have been brighter... There's plenty of ways to wish a happy birthday by ways of video calling.

Heck, a kid celebrating his 12th birthday got birthday wishes from all over the globe when his father tweeted out a tweet for help to make it an epic day for him.

One of our scientists has been saying that we may go to a more severe lockdown if people continue to break the rules and I can't blame him. There are plenty out there who I would want to smack some sense into their heads every day.
                Apparently, over in the west of the country they had to break apart a BBQ where 30 or so people were gathered.

Comment

Wow, the dad REALLY should have known better. As should the other parents. Do they not get that whole "6 feet apart" thing?

Worse that the parents couldn't have been brighter... There's plenty of ways to wish a happy birthday by ways of video calling.

Heck, a kid celebrating his 12th birthday got birthday wishes from all over the globe when his father tweeted out a tweet for help to make it an epic day for him.

One of our scientists has been saying that we may go to a more severe lockdown if people continue to break the rules and I can't blame him. There are plenty out there who I would want to smack some sense into their heads every day.
                  Apparently, over in the west of the country they had to break apart a BBQ where 30 or so people were gathered.
                  People in this country have been complaining they couldn't go to Church for Easter. Uh, there's no real way to do social distancing in a packed church. So we were all supposed to break that rule for just today, hoping that Jesus gives us immunity?

Comment

I have another one. Someone posted on our community forum that they saw a large number of cars parked along the road next to a CLOSED local park and tons of people pouring in and out of the park.

Wow, the dad REALLY should have known better. As should the other parents. Do they not get that whole "6 feet apart" thing?

People in this country have been complaining they couldn't go to Church for Easter. Uh, there's no real way to do social distancing in a packed church. So we were all supposed to break that rule for just today, hoping that Jesus gives us immunity?

Those people think God is in the church and they have to go there to pray. Just talk to him dude, he's busy right now but he's still listening. Plus they all bought new clothes and have nowhere to show them off.
                    sigpic

Comment

Overpopulating the parks is a thing here too.

There's a Herbal Garden nearby, which has a collection of several different sort of plants and fruit trees and tropical plants. It's a very beautiful garden/park but of course the social distancing is compromised when too many people go there for walks... so yesterday, one of our neighbors wanted to visit but she had to turn back when it appeared it was just too crowded to even attempt a socially distanced walk. And she was fairly certain that a lot of the people who were walking there were not in fact from around here.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

*headdesk* I've seen plenty of stories on the news about people doing those drive-by birthday parades who do the right thing and stay in their cars. Why couldn't these twits have more sense?

Those people think God is in the church and they have to go there to pray. Just talk to him dude, he's busy right now but he's still listening. Plus they all bought new clothes and have nowhere to show them off.
                        *snorts*

I have another one. Someone posted on our community forum that they saw a large number of cars parked along the road next to a CLOSED local park and tons of people pouring in and out of the park.

There's a Herbal Garden nearby, which has a collection of several different sort of plants and fruit trees and tropical plants. It's a very beautiful garden/park but of course the social distancing is compromised when too many people go there for walks... so yesterday, one of our neighbors wanted to visit but she had to turn back when it appeared it was just too crowded to even attempt a socially distanced walk. And she was fairly certain that a lot of the people who were walking there were not in fact from around here.
                        Yeah, that's a problem a lot of scenic vacation spots all over have been facing; people with second homes trying to flee the cities, go to the beaches, all that. Just no sense at all.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Today it was remarkably calm, even though it's -- technically speaking -- a holiday. Went for a walk -- the long one for weekends (which is barely 6 km) -- and barely saw any people out and about.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

@ Zandra's Ashes

When I told my company that I generally am used to having a callibrated monitor, they gave me a blank stare back so I left it at that and thanked them for the widescreen monitor and moved on. Then when that one broke and I needed a new one, I told them "widescreen or else..." (I'd give them hell about the callibration again).

My two colleagues even managed to bribe the facility's department into giving them 2 monitors but I had enough with 1.

This curved screen I have now can be expanded to two. It's an AOC screen which has special set-ups for 2 or 3 screens so maybe one day when I have my own office space (when we maybe buy that house), I might invest into extra screens.

Also, I have 4 days off so yay.... VACATION... @ home.
                              Sounds like you are going to end up with a sweet setup. I was cracking up over the calibration. I had a Spyder I'd bought used when I was more into digital photography. It died and I haven't replaced it.

Too bad the vacay days are burned at home, but, that being said enjoy! Sometimes a break at home can be the perfect thing. I took a few days off for major house projects and it was so nice. I didn't watch the news all day and it was amazing the difference it made in my mood.

I'm seeing a lot of that. I had to go to Home Depot to pick up a part I'd ordered by my kitchen sink. Went with mask, ran in and out in less than 3 minutes, but I saw families and kids and tons of people just wandering around aimlessly.

It had it's challenges, but I still was sad when it ended. There has just seemed to be a void for those type of shows. I miss my Friday night lineup with Battlestar Gallatica, then SG1, and SGA. I didn't know how good I had it, lol.

So glad I have a treadmill in my office and it's near a window, so I can open it and get a blast of fresh air. I miss the pretty walks but I kept finding my parks were way too peoplely and the other people seemed to have missed the six feet apart memo.

With news on the antibody testing and chatter about immunity passports I feel like there is a set of the population who are brazen enough to almost want to get it and gamble on recovery without complications so they can get back to some semblance of their previous life. Even if the virus doesn't land them in the hospital or worse, I can't imagine it would ever be ever be that easy. Not that recovering from COVID 19 would be easy, but you know what I mean. I hope, lol.
                              Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 14 April 2020, 11:28 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                                With news on the antibody testing and chatter about immunity passports I feel like there is a set of the population who are brazen enough to almost want to get it and gamble on recovery without complications so they can get back to some semblance of their previous life. Even if the virus doesn't land them in the hospital or worse, I can't imagine it would ever be ever be that easy. Not that recovering from COVID 19 would be easy, but you know what I mean. I hope, lol.
                                I'm probably one of those schmucks who won't have antibodies but I'm not that desperate to get out again to find a deliberate infection cause I think it would not end well for me -- and I have no pre-existing conditions and am relatively healthy (minor issues with allergies notwithstanding). I do have find that air polution gives me dry coughs so that would probably count as an unfavorable condition.

Comment

Working...
                                X