No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Oh, and it's also April Fools' Day. Watch out for any crazy-sounding news reports!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I went to the store today also and they were pretty well stocked except for TP, cleaning products and hand sanitizer. We have a corner of our basement that we call our bodega where we store food, paper and cleaning products. There is also a wine section and a freezer. We have everything except produce and dairy. LOL I have enough TP for a couple of months at least. After that I may have to barter with my neighbors.

Our governor has declared a stay at home order until June 10. I will have long gray hair by then and the twins will have forgotten us. We have a community forum online here and I must say I am embarrassed for some of my neighbors. I think they only heard the "stay at home" part and not the rest of the info on what businesses can stay open. However, it seems like the traffic is only about 20% reduced around here. Maybe they're all out looking for TP.
    Heh, we've got our Costco wall. It's a set of temporary shelves (to be replaced by cabinets at some point in the future) along one wall in our laundry room. All the extra foodstuffs and cleaning supplies that aren't already deployed are there.

June 10?!? Geeze.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    New score! TP vs JT --> 1-1!!

I was going to wait until tomorrow but a friend reminded me that tomorrow is the first of the month, so all the people who get monthly government checks would be out in force, so it would likely be crowded. I was able to get 4 individual rolls (that was the limit, and there were only individual rolls available). I'm just glad I got some. Now I can calm down about it for awhile. I hope this whole limited supply thing stops soon.
    Whoo hoo! The sweet smell of victory!

I hope you were able to get some!
    Sadly, no. It was all two days old. Looks like fresh fish deliveries have taken a big hit. We had spaghetti instead. Tonight is steak (we get those big Costco tenderloins and cut them up--we get 3-4 meals that way), tomorrow is soup, and we're going to get burgers & fries to go from the tavern on Friday.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You think the government is lying?
    *snort* Yeah, but not as much as the press.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's Thursday indeed... no wait, Friday already for me.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have to admit that I've been reading the hashtag "ReopenAmerica" on twitter a lot lately. The Darwin Awards will have so many nominations this year.
          Some governors just FINALLY decided to start shelter-in-place.

After reading Twitter today, I came up with 2 schools of thought.

1. It's all a hoax and the government is lying to us.
          2. We're all going to die and the government is lying to us.
          Heh.

*snort* Yeah, but not as much as the press.

As promised, the Sangria recipe
          Spoiler:
          3 cups red wine
          3 cups Sprite or similar
          2 cups Triple Sec
          ¼ (12-ounce) OJ concentrate
          ? cup Tequila
          Fruit of choice: orange, lemon, lime; sliced

Will fit into a 2 quart Pitcher.

If possible, put in freezer overnight. Remove from freezer a few hours
          before serving. Another option is to make Sangria ice cubes to add to punch. Much
          experimentation might be necessary. Expect it to disappear quickly.
          Saving for later! Sounds gooooood.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          Glad to hear some are winning the war of the TP. Never in a million years would I have thought finding TP would be such a struggle.
          I truly thought the whole TP thing would be over by now. I wish I'd hoarded like everyone else.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          I'm only doing click list pick up grocery shopping at Kroger, so I'm not sure what my store shelves actually look like, but luckily (except for the one week I couldn't find tortillas) I've been able to get everything on my order each week without any crazy substitutions. My brain hasn't let me forget the great tortilla shortage either. Everything I eat, I want on a tortilla. BBQ chicken quesadilla, spicy taco tacos, enchiladas, egg/cheese/bacon quesadilla, you name it, I want to turn it into some kind of tortilla dish. I ran out of graham crackers for smores and contemplated a tortilla version. Still might try that sometime.
          That's funny.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Sadly, no. It was all two days old. Looks like fresh fish deliveries have taken a big hit. We had spaghetti instead. Tonight is steak (we get those big Costco tenderloins and cut them up--we get 3-4 meals that way), tomorrow is soup, and we're going to get burgers & fries to go from the tavern on Friday.
          Nice!! I am thinking about some fish and chips on Friday from my local pizza place.

Comment

I truly thought the whole TP thing would be over by now. I wish I'd hoarded like everyone else.
            My sister went shopping yesterday, braving the proverbial masses... and when she returned she was -- should I say -- mildly frustrated (obviously this is an understatement) about the supply shortage the stores claim there isn't. Everything is supposedly in stock but she said that wasn't the case. A lot of items were simply not available, like rice and flour, a lot of meat products ... even the chips and dips were only half stocked.

Comment

My sister went shopping yesterday, braving the proverbial masses... and when she returned she was -- should I say -- mildly frustrated (obviously this is an understatement) about the supply shortage the stores claim there isn't. Everything is supposedly in stock but she said that wasn't the case. A lot of items were simply not available, like rice and flour, a lot of meat products ... even the chips and dips were only half stocked.
              It sounds like the same things are in high demand the world over. I talked to my bro yesterday in NC and a cousin in NJ and it's the same in both those places as here. We are all learning to eat different things I guess. Since I grew up on a farm and we grew most of our food, I know how to do a lot of things with very little. SR Jr. used to always joke about how when the zombie apocalypse came he was going to be okay because his mom knows how to kill a chicken and butcher a hog. Now here we are an hour apart in quarantine. Sorry son, but we haven't started shooting squirrels for food quite yet. Though I did joke to my bro that he should start saving all those catalogs that come in the mail in case he can't find TP. lol
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

No squirrels to be found here -- at least, I haven't spotted any -- but plenty of pigeons. And fat ones too.

Comment

No squirrels to be found here -- at least, I haven't spotted any -- but plenty of pigeons. And fat ones too.
                  Really, no squirrels. Funny we didn't notice that when we were there in all those lovely parks. They are pests here everywhere.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Nice!! I am thinking about some fish and chips on Friday from my local pizza place.
                    Mmmm, that sounds yummy!

Yeah, flour and baking mixes are still mostly not to be found. And if you go shopping online, there's all sorts of notices of limits to how much you can order. Darnit, should've stocked up on more Bisquick.

It sounds like the same things are in high demand the world over. I talked to my bro yesterday in NC and a cousin in NJ and it's the same in both those places as here. We are all learning to eat different things I guess. Since I grew up on a farm and we grew most of our food, I know how to do a lot of things with very little. SR Jr. used to always joke about how when the zombie apocalypse came he was going to be okay because his mom knows how to kill a chicken and butcher a hog. Now here we are an hour apart in quarantine. Sorry son, but we haven't started shooting squirrels for food quite yet. Though I did joke to my bro that he should start saving all those catalogs that come in the mail in case he can't find TP. lol
                    Heh, I think we're gonna be fighting with the eagles and gulls over any hunting.

Comment

Tip if any of you are near WalMart, Kroger or any other store that lets you order online and pickup. I'm hearing they pull a lot of those orders before the stores open so you might have more luck getting items that way. I've been lucky so far, but while my appetite is still operating at normal (rational) levels the other humans in my household seem to be eating for an army. My weekly orders go fast. I totally have my own snack stash of Reese's eggs no one knows about, lol.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Really, no squirrels. Funny we didn't notice that when we were there in all those lovely parks. They are pests here everywhere.
                        Oh, there are plenty still... but like you say, they're hiding out in the parks which unfortunately we have no way of getting to. All the near ones are just comprised of a few patches of grass and some trees and hardly worth the name "park", except for the Keizersberg (also known as Mont César or loosely translated the Emperor's Hill - Charlemagne I had some dealings here back in the day). There's a Benedictine abbey, roman remains, medieval remains (Templar knights and Hospitalers) and a huge statue of the Virgin Mary with child -- squirrels and sheep.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Burgers from the tavern last night were a fabulous crowd pleaser. 10/10 totally doing it again ASAP. Note to self: restock beer in preparation.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

I got a family assist in the TP battle. My brother bought me some. He can bug me but he's always looking out for me. Gold star, bro.

(What did you get for Easter, JT? Well, I got toilet paper!!!! I was so excited!!) (Yeah, yeah, Easter is next week)

Comment

I got a family assist in the TP battle. My brother bought me some. He can bug me but he's always looking out for me. Gold star, bro.

(What did you get for Easter, JT? Well, I got toilet paper!!!! I was so excited!!) (Yeah, yeah, Easter is next week)
                                You'll have to have a virtual Easter egg hunt. SR Jr and Mrs. SR had a virtual wine tasting sponsored by one of their local wineries. They received 3 bottles of wine wrapped in brown paper. I guess the tasting was livestreamed. He said it was a lot of fun. This was after the twins were sleeping of course.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X