No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sister said we had to go see the wee lad now, and I replied that I'm not so great with wee ones. And she started laughing because I might not be comfortable with them, they always seem to be perfectly comfortable with me.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      My sister said we had to go see the wee lad now, and I replied that I'm not so great with wee ones. And she started laughing because I might not be comfortable with them, they always seem to be perfectly comfortable with me.
      Remember what Rodney said when he was complaining about not getting to hold Torren. He was right. They do jump. The twins like to hurl themselves backwards when you are holding them. But a newish one won't be a problem. They just snuggle right up to you.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Heh, I'm much the same way with the wee ones.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Remember what Rodney said when he was complaining about not getting to hold Torren. He was right. They do jump. The twins like to hurl themselves backwards when you are holding them. But a newish one won't be a problem. They just snuggle right up to you.
          My other niece, when she was little, would always grab me in a chokehold. And once she was so happy to see me that she flung herself into my lap and smashed her head into my nose. Yeah, can't say that wasn't memorable.

There's a photo of me with the oldest daughter of a friend of ours when she was but a few months old, where she had been dropped into my arms because I was the only one available to hold her -- even though I had made it abundantly clear I did not want to do that -- so there we are the two of us, a freaked-out look on both of our faces and neither of us daring to move. Of course, they had to capture that moment.

Comment

My other niece, when she was little, would always grab me in a chokehold. And once she was so happy to see me that she flung herself into my lap and smashed her head into my nose. Yeah, can't say that wasn't memorable.

There's a photo of me with the oldest daughter of a friend of ours when she was but a few months old, where she had been dropped into my arms because I was the only one available to hold her -- even though I had made it abundantly clear I did not want to do that -- so there we are the two of us, a freaked-out look on both of our faces and neither of us daring to move. Of course, they had to capture that moment.
            They have a way of singling out those who are not the most comfortable with babies. Cats are the same way. Dog just lick your face no matter who you are.
            sigpic

Comment

They have a way of singling out those who are not the most comfortable with babies. Cats are the same way.
              THIS. Exactly this.

I think those damn wee ones can smell the fear I have of kids below the age of 2...

Comment

THIS. Exactly this.

I think those damn wee ones can smell the fear I have of kids below the age of 2...
                Actually that's very true. They can sense inexperience. It was true with the twins at first. As soon as I or their other Grandma picked them up, they snuggled right down but it took their mom and dad a while to get to the same point. If you pick them up with confidence, they feel secure. Just like a kitten or puppy.
                sigpic

Comment

I'll take that advice and hopefully remember it when I get offered the chance to pick up Vic. I may still decline politely though or my brain could go blank -- go into that infamous fight or flight mode.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

They have a way of singling out those who are not the most comfortable with babies. Cats are the same way. Dog just lick your face no matter who you are.
                    So. True.

And now, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mixed bag as Virginia Tech lost to Notre Dame 21-20, USC lost to Oregon 56-24, Tennessee beat UAB 30-7, Air Force beat Army 17-13, and Navy beat Connecticut 56-10. On to Week 11!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My Rhode Island Rams beat Merrimack 42-14. So now they are 2-7.

On the professional side, the New England Patriots have their first real test tonight against the Ravens. Yeah, the Patriots are 8-0 but they've had an easy schedule. The rest of the season will be tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

So. True.

And now, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mixed bag as Virginia Tech lost to Notre Dame 21-20, USC lost to Oregon 56-24, Tennessee beat UAB 30-7, Air Force beat Army 17-13, and Navy beat Connecticut 56-10. On to Week 11!
                        Yeah, we lost on a bad call. There is just that split second between a sack and roughing the passer that makes all the difference. Officials in college ball always err on the side of protecting the player even when there was no ill intent.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Air Force had a near miss... won by the seat of their football pants.

Good weekend!

Also... it's windy here in on the Spanish hilltops above the Mediterranean sea. Behind me the Sierra Nevada mountains are nearly always covered in clouds.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Also... it's windy here in on the Spanish hilltops above the Mediterranean sea. Behind me the Sierra Nevada mountains are nearly always covered in clouds.
                              Ooooh, vacation time! Sounds lovely!

Comment

I just had a phone screening for a job. The first question they asked was what salary I want. How do you answer that? I mean, if you say something too low then they'll pay you that instead of what they should, but if you say something too high you'll be out of the running.

Comment

Working...
                                X