Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    *raises hand* That would be me. So far this month we've had chili and cornbread, chicken and dumplings, and beef barley soup. Plus I made apple bread. I love fall.
    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Yay fall and fall foods! Just made my first pumpkin galette of the season last night. And I'm aiming to make some beef and Guinness stew next week.

*wipes drool off chin* Mmm, when's dinner?
    Yum! I made a crockpot full of chili and then a few days later a crockpot full of vegetable beef soup. That Guinness Stew sounds great- I wonder if it's anything like the Flemish Beef Stew I keep meaning to make. I had it in Belgium and loved it. Now I also want to make a steak and ale pie- I ate that for every other meal when I was in Scotland, lol.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Oh... by the way... I met Willa Holland over the weekend (Speedy in Arrow). She was amazing.

Edit
    Tormund from Game of Thrones still looks like that -- I doubt the actor's gonna change his look any time soon.
    And Christopher Lambert has grown old... looked a bit sluggish to me even, though spoke really good French from what I heard as I stood waiting in line for an autograph from Willa.
    I heart Tormund. He moved into my number one GoT crush spot after the finale bumped Jamie. Cool you were able to meet him and Willa. She is adorable. Loved her in Arrow.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Did you all see the new Star Wars trailer? It was awesome!!!!!!!!
    I'm nervecited to watch it. I am (it's sad, I know) so stressed out about this movie. I really hope it checks all the boxes to bring the series to a satisfying close. That rarely seems to happen these days.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      I did catch it, but most of my emotional energy today was spent on election day coverage, so I didn't feel like I had much to say about it.
      Oh no! I hope the elections went the way you wanted them to.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Hmm, must be an age thing for me too. I know who everyone is, but I'm just not feeling it for these new movies (though Finn is awesome and was totally cracking me up in Force Awakens). Didn't feel it for the prequel trilogy, either. Oh well. *shrugs*
      I'm older than you are, missy, so don't go playing the age card.

But I hear what you and Southern Red are saying. When I saw the first one of the new series I didn't care about the new characters either. But then The Last Jedi made me fall in love.
      Spoiler:
      And Adam Driver looks very hot all soaking wet.

Spoiler:
      Rey, Finn, Marie (that's not her character name, can't remember that right now), BB-8, Poe, Kylo Ren, ... and I swear there was something in my eye when Leia appeared...

Edit:
      Puts spoiler-tags just in case...
      You're probably thinking of Rose?

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      I'm nervecited to watch it. I am (it's sad, I know) so stressed out about this movie. I really hope it checks all the boxes to bring the series to a satisfying close. That rarely seems to happen these days.
      Oh I feel the same way. I love these movies sooooooo much. They've been an important part of my life, and I want it to end well.

I still am going back and forth on the idea of spoiling myself before seeing it.

Comment

I heart Tormund. He moved into my number one GoT crush spot after the finale bumped Jamie. Cool you were able to meet him and Willa. She is adorable. Loved her in Arrow.
        Oh no... I didn't get to meet Tormund. I saw him from a distance of about 3 meters away. Guy was overpricing his autographs and photoshoots. There was no way in hell I was going to pay 65 euro for an autograph. He even dared to ask 90 euro for an autograph + selfie.

Same with Mathew Lewis (Neville from Harry Potter) -- was excited until I saw the prices for his autographs and photoshoot. No sir, you may be an awesome guy but hell no, I'm paying that amount for your autograph/photo.

You're probably thinking of Rose?
        YES!! Rose Tico!!
        Thank you.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Need a good laugh today? Twin report:

Spoiler:
          1. The twins are on the cusp of walking. They can stand up alone and walk with assistance. Thing 2 is fond of using their rolling cooler as a walker and pushes it all around the kitchen island. Thing 1 gets so excited when he stand alone that he promptly falls down.

2. Thing 2 plays fetch with the dog.

3. Thing 1 has found a loose piece of floorboard and is systematically trying to dismantle the living room.

4. They love cauliflower puffs.

5. Mom walked into their room after a nap and they were standing up hitting each other on the head with a stuffed animal and laughing hysterically.

6. On Sat they were all dressed and ready for a trip to the mall when Thing 1 picked up a glass of water and dumped it on his head. He reportedly enjoyed it quite a bit.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:
            1. The twins are on the cusp of walking. They can stand up alone and walk with assistance. Thing 2 is fond of using their rolling cooler as a walker and pushes it all around the kitchen island. Thing 1 gets so excited when he stand alone that he promptly falls down.

3. Thing 1 has found a loose piece of floorboard and is systematically trying to dismantle the living room.

5. Mom walked into their room after a nap and they were standing up hitting each other on the head with a stuffed animal and laughing hysterically.

6. On Sat they were all dressed and ready for a trip to the mall when Thing 1 picked up a glass of water and dumped it on his head. He reportedly enjoyed it quite a bit.
            Ahhhhahaha! I love it. I rarely manage to login to GW this early in the morning, but I'm so glad I did! Laughter is the best way to kick off the day. It's always a marvel to see those strong personalities forming so early in the littles, especially when it's double trouble.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh no... I didn't get to meet Tormund. I saw him from a distance of about 3 meters away. Guy was overpricing his autographs and photoshoots. There was no way in hell I was going to pay 65 euro for an autograph. He even dared to ask 90 euro for an autograph + selfie.

Same with Mathew Lewis (Neville from Harry Potter) -- was excited until I saw the prices for his autographs and photoshoot. No sir, you may be an awesome guy but hell no, I'm paying that amount for your autograph/photo.

YES!! Rose Tico!!
              Thank you.
              I think GW ate my original response to this (or user error due to low coffee consumption). That sucks. He seems like he would be a fun one to meet. The prices are crazy at times. I'd love to go to a Supernatural Convention, but the photo ops with Jared or Jensen start at $199. $399 for the duo photo op.
              sigpic

Comment

LOL!!

We may have to refer to Thing 1 as Bob the Builder (or Destroyer) soon.

Comment

Ahhhhahaha! I love it. I rarely manage to login to GW this early in the morning, but I'm so glad I did! Laughter is the best way to kick off the day. It's always a marvel to see those strong personalities forming so early in the littles, especially when it's double trouble.
                  The twins are always good for a laugh. They are always busy. Much to do. Much to do.

LOL!!

Funny you should say that. Bob is my husband's name, and Thing 1 gets mixed up between Bob and Bye Bye. So we think he may call his Grampa "Bob Bob" which would be fine with him.

When we left over there on Sun, SR Jr. was looking for a hammer to fix the loose board. Mom had gone to tea with her friends and he was happy that we could come over. LOL At times it took 2 of us to corral the boys. Can't wait until they walk for real.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a blast on this Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Just got back from a raiding party on the mainland, and boy did we ever pillage the village! We'll be well stocked for a couple of months at least.

Spoiler:

OMG!

I think GW ate my original response to this (or user error due to low coffee consumption). That sucks. He seems like he would be a fun one to meet. The prices are crazy at times. I'd love to go to a Supernatural Convention, but the photo ops with Jared or Jensen start at $199. $399 for the duo photo op.
                    Ugh, autograph and photo op prices are just insane. Between that and the bonkers overnight lines, I'm rather glad I've been out of the convention circuit for the past few years.

LOL!!

Casting a vote for "the Destroyer."

The twins are always good for a laugh. They are always busy. Much to do. Much to do.

Funny you should say that. Bob is my husband's name, and Thing 1 gets mixed up between Bob and Bye Bye. So we think he may call his Grampa "Bob Bob" which would be fine with him.

When we left over there on Sun, SR Jr. was looking for a hammer to fix the loose board. Mom had gone to tea with her friends and he was happy that we could come over. LOL At times it took 2 of us to corral the boys. Can't wait until they walk for real.
                    LOL, I swear I can just see the sarcasm oozing off the screen!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Can't wait until they walk for real.
                      The Adventures of Thing 1 and Thing 2: Mayhem Complete, the sequel

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

The Adventures of Thing 1 and Thing 2: Mayhem Complete, the sequel

Hahahah, I love it!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The Adventures of Thing 1 and Thing 2 totally cracked me up. I needed that. So thank you!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

The Adventures of Thing 1 and Thing 2 totally cracked me up. I needed that. So thank you!!
                              You're welcome. I'm sure there will be much more to come. The latest is that they have discovered the wine cooler and love messing with the controls on the front. Now they've gone too far.
                              sigpic

Comment

It will be a multipart series of award winning films... We should start thinking about Thing 1 and 2 merchandise soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X