Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Same is true of NC with the advent of the Hurricanes. I even went to a game with my friend once. Didn't really see the attraction, plus it was cold.
    I like the idea of watching a local league play, nothing professional. Less pressure and more fun. Plus I can't even imagine how loud a arena would be at a pro game. It's why I avoid college/pro basketball games as well.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hockey fans are weird. And I say that as one!
    Happy Friday! I think fall weather is finally here and I want to cook all of the crisp weather things. Actually, I just want to eat all the warm savory winter foods, but I suppose someone has to cook them.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post

Happy Friday! I think fall weather is finally here and I want to cook all of the crisp weather things. Actually, I just want to eat all the warm savory winter foods, but I suppose someone has to cook them.
      *raises hand* That would be me. So far this month we've had chili and cornbread, chicken and dumplings, and beef barley soup. Plus I made apple bread. I love fall.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Yay fall and fall foods! Just made my first pumpkin galette of the season last night. And I'm aiming to make some beef and Guinness stew next week.

*raises hand* That would be me. So far this month we've had chili and cornbread, chicken and dumplings, and beef barley soup. Plus I made apple bread. I love fall.
        *wipes drool off chin* Mmm, when's dinner?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Yay fall and fall foods! Just made my first pumpkin galette of the season last night. And I'm aiming to make some beef and Guinness stew next week.

*wipes drool off chin* Mmm, when's dinner?
          Leftover soup while we watch the game. If you hurry, you can make it. Think I'll look up a recipe for that Guinness stew. If I can hide the beer from Mr. SR or he'll drink it all before it goes in the stew.
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Leftover soup while we watch the game. If you hurry, you can make it. Think I'll look up a recipe for that Guinness stew. If I can hide the beer from Mr. SR or he'll drink it all before it goes in the stew.
            OMG that game was insane.

There's quite a few recipes out there with their own little variations. To get you started in that delicious search, we use this one from Darina Allen.

And now, this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 43-41 (in SIX OVERTIMES! ), USC beat Arizona 41-14, Tennessee fell to Alabama 35-13, Air Force beat Hawaii 56-26, and Navy beat South Florida 35-3. On to next week!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

OMG that game was insane.

There's quite a few recipes out there with their own little variations. To get you started in that delicious search, we use this one from Darina Allen.

And now, this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 43-41 (in SIX OVERTIMES! ), USC beat Arizona 41-14, Tennessee fell to Alabama 35-13, Air Force beat Hawaii 56-26, and Navy beat South Florida 35-3. On to next week!
              Thanks for the recipe. It sounds perfect.

Our game was blacked out in this area due to some cable contract BS. Lots of furious Hokie fans in VA. But we were following it on the computer. That was the first time the new 2 point conversion rule was used. Hokies are still jumping and looks like it was a good week for you too.
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds perfect.

Our game was blacked out in this area due to some cable contract BS. Lots of furious Hokie fans in VA. But we were following it on the computer. That was the first time the new 2 point conversion rule was used. Hokies are still jumping and looks like it was a good week for you too.
                Ugh, cable blackouts suck. Hope everyone's fury rattles the cage of whatever idiot signed off on that contract. But the game went well, so there's that. Definitely a good week for us, now we get a bye before facing the Oregon Ducks. At least it's a home game, so we'll be at the Coliseum instead of Autzen Stadium.

Comment

Oh... by the way... I met Willa Holland over the weekend (Speedy in Arrow). She was amazing.

Edit
                  Tormund from Game of Thrones still looks like that -- I doubt the actor's gonna change his look any time soon.
                  And Christopher Lambert has grown old... looked a bit sluggish to me even, though spoke really good French from what I heard as I stood waiting in line for an autograph from Willa.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Did you all see the new Star Wars trailer? It was awesome!!!!!!!!

Comment

I did catch it, but most of my emotional energy today was spent on election day coverage, so I didn't feel like I had much to say about it.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        First thing I did waking up this morning... nothing else mattered.

Comment

Just saw it and it must be an age thing that I can't remember anybody's name, only care about the old guys, the Wookie and the Droids. I took SR Jr. to see the original when he was a babe in arms. He grew up playing with every toy imaginable, and we watched the early movies over and over as a family, but I just can't care about the new people even though we'll probably go see it for the oldies.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Rey, Finn, Marie (that's not her character name, can't remember that right now), BB-8, Poe, Kylo Ren, ... and I swear there was something in my eye when Leia appeared...

Edit:
                            Puts spoiler-tags just in case...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Oh... by the way... I met Willa Holland over the weekend (Speedy in Arrow). She was amazing.

Edit
                              Tormund from Game of Thrones still looks like that -- I doubt the actor's gonna change his look any time soon.
                              And Christopher Lambert has grown old... looked a bit sluggish to me even, though spoke really good French from what I heard as I stood waiting in line for an autograph from Willa.
                              Glad you had a great time!

Just saw it and it must be an age thing that I can't remember anybody's name, only care about the old guys, the Wookie and the Droids. I took SR Jr. to see the original when he was a babe in arms. He grew up playing with every toy imaginable, and we watched the early movies over and over as a family, but I just can't care about the new people even though we'll probably go see it for the oldies.
                              Hmm, must be an age thing for me too. I know who everyone is, but I'm just not feeling it for these new movies (though Finn is awesome and was totally cracking me up in Force Awakens). Didn't feel it for the prequel trilogy, either. Oh well. *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Rey, Finn, Marie (that's not her character name, can't remember that right now), BB-8, Poe, Kylo Ren, ... and I swear there was something in my eye when Leia appeared...

Edit:
                                Puts spoiler-tags just in case...
                                Thanks, but I won't remember those until the movie opens.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Glad you had a great time!

Hmm, must be an age thing for me too. I know who everyone is, but I'm just not feeling it for these new movies (though Finn is awesome and was totally cracking me up in Force Awakens). Didn't feel it for the prequel trilogy, either. Oh well. *shrugs*
                                I've been seeing a bit of sarcasm on Twitter, so I guess I'm not alone. Still looking forward to it though for the action and the oldies.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X