Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    FH, I have to say that Belgium was my favorite country. We hit Brussels on "no car Sunday" so that made it much better.
    Yup, it was car-free day on Sunday in Brussels.
    Thought that might give you a nice opportunity to see the city.

Also, I think you were in luck with the weather.

Traffic rules in Paris are more like guidelines than actual rules, although I once heard a Brit say the same about the Belgian traffic rules so maybe we're used to the crazy roadstuff.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was watching a movie that my favorite, Goran Visnjic, was in and guess who popped up? David Nykl and David Hewlett!! Nykl had a very small part - like 1 sentence - but Hewlett's was a good part. I was watching in a group chat with a bunch of Goran/Timeless fans, and I was freaking out. I'm sure they thought I was strange.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      Gah. I hate the dentist. It seems so dark ages with all the tech we have today, I feel like dentistry has not changed at all.
      Amen to that!!! It's all the same since I was a kid.

Hope you feel better soon. That reminded me of one more thing to add to my shopping list. I'm off to Scotland next week, flying out Tuesday. I need to stock up on some Airborne or Emergen-C to help ward off those pesky travel bugs.

Have fun on your trip to Scotland!!!

Hey Scary Kitty, I saw that Sony and Disney worked out the Spiderman thing. You must be happy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Yup, it was car-free day on Sunday in Brussels.
        Thought that might give you a nice opportunity to see the city.

Also, I think you were in luck with the weather.

Traffic rules in Paris are more like guidelines than actual rules, although I once heard a Brit say the same about the Belgian traffic rules so maybe we're used to the crazy roadstuff.
        I'm just glad they allowed tour buses on the streets. LOL

The traffic where I live is among the worst in the US but nothing like Paris.

On the subject of dentistry. Things have changed a lot since I was a kid. The needles are thinner, they have laser cleaning devices and there was no such thing as implants. I think it must just change slowly.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Zandra's Ashes, have a great time on your trip to Scotland! I'm jealous!

I'm baaack. It was a wonderful trip but Mr. SR and I both came home sick. FH, I have to say that Belgium was my favorite country. We hit Brussels on "no car Sunday" so that made it much better. All the bikes though are amazing, especially in Amsterdam. Then you get to Paris and find out there don't appear to be any traffic rules, and in addition to the bikes you get scooters and motorcycles. We had an amazing bus driver but I spent a good deal of the time with my eyes closed.
          A "no car" day? Imagine some city doing that here in the US, it'd be chaos!

Sooo, it's like the Pirate Code, then?

I have to say a word about the coffee. We Americans love our huge mugs which makes it tough to deal with the tiny cups of what appears to be espresso with a little water added. The hotels also give you instant coffee in the rooms, which I guess is better than nothing but just barely. In constrast to what I've always heard, we found everybody to be very friendly, even in Paris.

I'm glad to be home and now I need a nap.
          Whoa, I've heard such good things about the coffee culture in Europe. That's disappointing.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I was watching a movie that my favorite, Goran Visnjic, was in and guess who popped up? David Nykl and David Hewlett!! Nykl had a very small part - like 1 sentence - but Hewlett's was a good part. I was watching in a group chat with a bunch of Goran/Timeless fans, and I was freaking out. I'm sure they thought I was strange.
          LOL!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Hey Scary Kitty, I saw that Sony and Disney worked out the Spiderman thing. You must be happy about that.
          Very, very happy. Order has been restored to the universe. At least until the deal is up and it's time to renegotiate again...

On the subject of dentistry. Things have changed a lot since I was a kid. The needles are thinner, they have laser cleaning devices and there was no such thing as implants. I think it must just change slowly.
          Don't forget the panoramic x-rays that don't require you to shove those damn bitewing cages halfway down your throat just to get the back teeth... Other than the x-rays, I've always enjoyed going to the dentist. Now, the doctor, on the other hand...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            A "no car" day? Imagine some city doing that here in the US, it'd be chaos!
            It's chaos here too, since traffic into the city doing it is out of the question so chaos happens on the outskirts.

Sooo, it's like the Pirate Code, then?
            Pretty much...and no chance to "parlay" on the way.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

It's chaos here too, since traffic into the city doing it is out of the question so chaos happens on the outskirts.
              Definitely doesn't sound happy.

Pretty much...and no chance to "parlay" on the way.
              *gets mental image of drivers walking the plank out of their car windows*

And now, on to this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mostly bad week as Virginia Tech fell to Duke 45-10, USC fell to Washington 28-14, Navy lost to Memphis 35-23, and Air Force was the lone bright spot, beating San Jose State 41-24. Go Falcons!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Usually involves a man in uniform.

...Air Force was the lone bright spot, beating San Jose State 41-24. Go Falcons!
                It's their modus operandi apparently -- win one week, loose the next.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Usually involves a man in uniform.

It's their modus operandi apparently -- win one week, loose the next.
                  Heh, I think it's pretty much all of our faves' MO this season.

Comment

Any JAG fans here? Harm and Mac reunited on the most recent NCIS LA! Insert my heart melting here.

I am packing (making a mess) and almost ready to head out this afternoon.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Definitely doesn't sound happy.

And now, on to this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mostly bad week as Virginia Tech fell to Duke 45-10, USC fell to Washington 28-14, Navy lost to Memphis 35-23, and Air Force was the lone bright spot, beating San Jose State 41-24. Go Falcons!
                    I'm so glad Tennessee had a bye week. I've been reading my way through football season.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Any JAG fans here? Harm and Mac reunited on the most recent NCIS LA! Insert my heart melting here.
                      Never got into JAG, but I kinda liked NCIS back in the day. Tuned in last week for the first time in a long time to see
                      Spoiler:
                      Ziva return.

I am packing (making a mess) and almost ready to head out this afternoon.
                      Yay! Have a great trip!

I'm so glad Tennessee had a bye week. I've been reading my way through football season.
                      Oh dear...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Never got into JAG, but I kinda liked NCIS back in the day. Tuned in last week for the first time in a long time to see
                        Spoiler:
                        Ziva return.

We've been fans of NCIS right from the beginning. In think Mark Harmon is my age. Obviously he got the good genes. I don't remember why we never watched JAG. Mr. SR has trouble sometimes with military shows, so that may have been it. I watch her on the Good Witch though.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I loved JAG but didn't watch the new episode. I heard spoilers about it, and it didn't appeal to me. *shrugs*

Comment

Been watching NCIS from the start. Watched JAG on and off... but more off than on.

@Scary Kitty
                            That return is only temporary (for now).

Comment

JAG was on TV a lot when I was growing up. I was never specifically much of a fan, but I sort of became sort of familiar with the characters through osmosis and the odd episode that I caught.

It was the show that initially made me think that maybe pettiness was considered the worst sin in the navy. Because it always seemed like it was a Petty Officer who was was on trial, I wondered if "Petty Officer" was the title given to officers who were in legal trouble.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                                JAG was on TV a lot when I was growing up. I was never specifically much of a fan, but I sort of became sort of familiar with the characters through osmosis and the odd episode that I caught.

It was the show that initially made me think that maybe pettiness was considered the worst sin in the navy. Because it always seemed like it was a Petty Officer who was was on trial, I wondered if "Petty Officer" was the title given to officers who were in legal trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X