Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Yeah, by that point it will be completely spoiled.
    Oh, without a doubt in my mind...

Good Omens was REALLY good!! I hadn't read the books so it was all new to me. It was just really well done.
    Got a lot of people raving about it so I definitely want to watch it. Also Tennant as Crowley.

Yeah, I have a friend who loves Game of Thrones and wants me to watch it, but I can't find a cheap and legal way of watching it that doesn't cost a ton.
    I suggest you start with one episode the illegal way before you try finding it a legal way, or borrow the DVD's from someone cause it's something of an acquired taste that GoT.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Yeah, I have a friend who loves Game of Thrones and wants me to watch it, but I can't find a cheap and legal way of watching it that doesn't cost a ton.
      Like FH said, borrow the DVDs from someone, or see if your local library has copies to loan out. If you've got cable/satellite, you might want to check if HBO is going to do a free preview weekend soon; Labor Day weekend is coming up, and they tend to do previews around holidays.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      I obviously have no advice on protecting the walls and the like, but I shelled out the dough for the expensive Behr Marquee paint and OMG. It was awesome. I did three white walls- covering red- and it almost completely covered it in one coat. I did an accent wall in a blue/grey and it did cover it in one coat except two little spots.
      Oooh, sounds good. We'll have to check that out.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I think I missed this before, but I did the free trial of HBO Go for a month. Depending on how motivated you are, you could watch quite a bit for free. Then it's only 14.99 a month and you can (or at least could) cancel at any time. With the short seasons you could totally knock it out in the free month plus one paid even taking some time.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I love that paint. I painted a wall in my guestroom a fairly dark blue but I had never used a dark paint before so didn't buy enough. The very nice man at Home Depot gave me a quick lesson on painting with dark colors so I managed to do it without the telltale streak on the edges. But Mr. SR and I have declared our painting days are over along with our lawnmowing days and most of my vacuuming days thanks to my Roomba and his lawn service.

I hear you on that one. It's amazing the trouble that third glass of wine causes.
        I need a Roomba! Plus hardwood floors. We are slowly (way too slowly) replacing carpet.

And we skipped the alcohol and stuck to desert tonight. Assorted trays of bite sized cakes, cookies and brownies. Yum!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Like FH said, borrow the DVDs from someone, or see if your local library has copies to loan out. If you've got cable/satellite, you might want to check if HBO is going to do a free preview weekend soon; Labor Day weekend is coming up, and they tend to do previews around holidays.

Oooh, sounds good. We'll have to check that out.
        It really is great paint. And Home Depot will match anyone's paint colors. I had them mix Sherwin Williams colors I'd fallen in love with, but using the the Behr paint which I prefer. I'd no idea until one of the paint crew members saw me with my phone trying to match a Behr color to the Sherwin Williams.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I think I missed this before, but I did the free trial of HBO Go for a month. Depending on how motivated you are, you could watch quite a bit for free. Then it's only 14.99 a month and you can (or at least could) cancel at any time. With the short seasons you could totally knock it out in the free month plus one paid even taking some time.
          Just to clarify, there's actually two versions of HBO streaming services: HBO GO is the version that connects to an already-existing HBO subscription on cable/satellite. HBO NOW is the standalone version that you don't need cable/satellite for (you can watch online with a computer/smartphone/tablet, or with an internet-connected TV, gaming console, or set top box like an Apple TV or Roku). In brief, here's the deets: https://www.hbo.com/order/now-vs-go

I need a Roomba! Plus hardwood floors. We are slowly (way too slowly) replacing carpet.
          We love hardwood floors. Have always had them, and will never ever ever go back to carpet.

And we skipped the alcohol and stuck to desert tonight. Assorted trays of bite sized cakes, cookies and brownies. Yum!
          Mmmmm, I'm hungry...

It really is great paint. And Home Depot will match anyone's paint colors. I had them mix Sherwin Williams colors I'd fallen in love with, but using the the Behr paint which I prefer. I'd no idea until one of the paint crew members saw me with my phone trying to match a Behr color to the Sherwin Williams.
          Heehee!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice about HBO!! I'll try to get it as a free trial.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Got a lot of people raving about it so I definitely want to watch it. Also Tennant as Crowley.
            Tennant is AWESOME in the role. I wasn't a huge fan of his until I saw Good Omens, but now I realize just how good he is.

Comment

Tennant is AWESOME in the role. I wasn't a huge fan of his until I saw Good Omens, but now I realize just how good he is.
              We loved Good Omens. Awesome acting and just a fun silly take on the whole story.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

We loved Good Omens. Awesome acting and just a fun silly take on the whole story.
                Definitely going to have to put Good Omens on the watch list.

Comment

I enjoyed the book and I love Tennant in the roles I've seen him in. I really need to start watching.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Definitely going to have to put Good Omens on the watch list.
                    I enjoyed the book and I love Tennant in the roles I've seen him in. I really need to start watching.
                    You both really should! It's only 6 episodes so it's not a huge time investment.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday (yep, it's that time of year again!)! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup (and forgive me if I forget anyone's teams, I lost my list! ): Virginia Tech fell to Boston College 35-28, USC beat Fresno State 31-23, and it was a good day in Atlantis as Air Force beat Colgate 48-7, and Navy beat Holy Cross 45-7. On to next weekend!

Comment

Watched the first episode at a friend's who has Prime in some circumvent way. Must download the rest by other means.
                          It's hilarious and Tennant and Sheen are brilliant.

Here's this week's College Football Roundup (and forgive me if I forget anyone's teams, I lost my list! ): Virginia Tech fell to Boston College 35-28, USC beat Fresno State 31-23, and it was a good day in Atlantis as Air Force beat Colgate 48-7, and Navy beat Holy Cross 45-7. On to next weekend!
                          The Falcons are back!
                          Good start of the season.

Comment

Watched the first episode at a friend's who has Prime in some circumvent way. Must download the rest by other means.
                            It's hilarious and Tennant and Sheen are brilliant.

I hope you find a way to get the other episodes!!

Comment

I hope you find a way to get the other episodes!!
                              Oh, don't worry... we're a country without a variety on streaming services. We are quite creative too.

I could always wait for it to arrive on DVD, which I saw Neil Gaiman mentioning yesterday in twitter but then realised that it will arrive in the UK after the 31st of October so after Brexit... which will probably impede on buying anything from there as it will most likely be a no-deal and very hard Brexit.

Edit
                              Oh, I also finished Casualties of War. Loved it from start to finish. Well worth the read.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

The Falcons are back!
                                Good start of the season.
                                Let's hope the rest of the season goes well!

Edit
                                Oh, I also finished Casualties of War. Loved it from start to finish. Well worth the read.
                                Yay! Glad you enjoyed it, it's a good one!

Comment

Working...
                                X