Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Ewww! That's just awful! Stay as cool as you can...go to the mall if necessary. Or go see a movie. They have air conditioning. That's what everyone does in SoCal when the temps get obscene and they can't get to the beach.
    Today was a "do as little as possible" day. I went to my brother's for dinner, and to a small market, and then back home. It's 95 outside and the air conditioner is making it 80 inside.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    The heat is back in Belgium. We'll be getting temps close to 40 degrees Celsius on Thursday... Just when I'm working from home and oh, I don't have air conditioning.

But I have no plans to head out to the office cause if I can stay as far away from that place any time this week, that would be great. I predict some **** to hit the proverbial fan on a project this week, and the further I am away from that moment, the better. (cause I kinda predicted that was gonna happen)

Also, today was our version of the 4th of July... totally forgot about it until I opened Google and saw it in their doodle.
    *does conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit* Yeah, that's where we are. I would NOT want to be anywhere without air conditioning!!!

Good luck with your work project!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I suppose in fairness he did say that it was dependent on other factors falling into place, but yeah.

The other thing is that even the scene he described kind of makes me a little leery of what they would do. It seems kind of weird that Elizabeth would immediately expect and demand her old job back after being gone for so long.

And it seems kind of like it's a set up for a joke where John and the others do a "Actually Elizabeth, we like Woolsey better than you, so we're on his side now."

Maybe the whole scene was just written for comedic effect for his blog, but doesn't that Supernatural joke only make sense now as opposed to back in 2009?

Also, yeah it's hot over here too. Being born and raise in a desert, I think I'm more used to it than everyone else here, but having an AC is still important.
    I hear what you're saying about that bit of dialogue. I thought that was weird too.

Comment

The temps are apparently adjusted again -- this thursday's probably gonna hit the low forties in the Celsius range. Also, I have a meeting so I'll be at the office in the airco-environment, which on second thought might be better than melting at home (and it gives me reason not to be at the other office where the failing project is being worked on).

Also, someone here watched Timeless.... JT, was it you?
      I just started watching on Netflix... four episodes in and I'm intrigued.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I suppose in fairness he did say that it was dependent on other factors falling into place, but yeah.

The other thing is that even the scene he described kind of makes me a little leery of what they would do. It seems kind of weird that Elizabeth would immediately expect and demand her old job back after being gone for so long.

And it seems kind of like it's a set up for a joke where John and the others do a "Actually Elizabeth, we like Woolsey better than you, so we're on his side now."

Maybe the whole scene was just written for comedic effect for his blog, but doesn't that Supernatural joke only make sense now as opposed to back in 2009?
        Yeah, that scene was just awkward as heck.

Also, yeah it's hot over here too. Being born and raise in a desert, I think I'm more used to it than everyone else here, but having an AC is still important.
        Yep, right there with you. Even being at the beach doesn't really help once the temps go above a certain point.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Today was a "do as little as possible" day. I went to my brother's for dinner, and to a small market, and then back home. It's 95 outside and the air conditioner is making it 80 inside.
        Ugh. *shudders* Well, at least the AC's helping a little, right?

The temps are apparently adjusted again -- this thursday's probably gonna hit the low forties in the Celsius range. Also, I have a meeting so I'll be at the office in the airco-environment, which on second thought might be better than melting at home (and it gives me reason not to be at the other office where the failing project is being worked on).
        Excellent! You get to be in an air-conditioned office, but away from the impending explosion. Best of both worlds!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Excellent! You get to be in an air-conditioned office, but away from the impending explosion. Best of both worlds!
          Oh... hadn't thought about it like that... I think this week might get saved after all.

Comment

It's only in the 80s today, and tomorrow is supposed to be rain and 70. Sweet!!!

Yup, that was me. Actually, ShipperWriter got me into it but we ended up shipping opposing couples. I believe Zandra's Ashes watched it too.

It's a fun show! You'll have to let me know what you think as you watch it.

Ugh. *shudders* Well, at least the AC's helping a little, right?
            Oh definitely. I wouldn't have been able to sleep at all without the AC. I really feel for FH.

Comment

It worked for me after refreshing a few times. I have no idea why it works sometimes but not other times.

Joe is actually on General Hospital. It's just me watching Days but questioning why I'm watching something so stupid.
              Whoops- I totally knew that. I think I'm still stuck on Jensen's earlier appearances on Days.

And do we believe him? I sure don't. He's a lying liar who lies.
              It's interesting because Torri discussed Joe at the convention. She said she really didn't interact with him that much when on SGA, because of all the cooks in the kitchen and all, and was caught off guard when he reached out to her about Dark Matter. She mentioned some conversations between them, but said she was totally surprised that he had liked her work. So maybe he had been a fan of her character back in the day. Or maybe it suits him now to be a fan of Torri.

Hang in there with the heat and work. I loved Timeless until the last season when I had some issues with the relationships. I didn't feel the writers were responsible with the characters or with the message they were presenting to any impressionable viewers of what healthy looks like in a relationship (I switched ships because of it), but...what else is new? I feel like I see the same issues with most shows.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                Whoops- I totally knew that. I think I'm still stuck on Jensen's earlier appearances on Days.
                Tee-hee! Yeah, Jensen was just a wee babe when he was on Days.

It's interesting because Torri discussed Joe at the convention. She said she really didn't interact with him that much when on SGA, because of all the cooks in the kitchen and all, and was caught off guard when he reached out to her about Dark Matter. She mentioned some conversations between them, but said she was totally surprised that he had liked her work. So maybe he had been a fan of her character back in the day. Or maybe it suits him now to be a fan of Torri.
                That last part. Probably because he was doing a panel with her, so he wanted the panel to be good.

Hang in there with the heat and work. I loved Timeless until the last season when I had some issues with the relationships. I didn't feel the writers were responsible with the characters or with the message they were presenting to any impressionable viewers of what healthy looks like in a relationship (I switched ships because of it), but...what else is new? I feel like I see the same issues with most shows.
                Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!! Thank you for articulating that for me.

Comment

It's a fun show! You'll have to let me know what you think as you watch it.
                  Well, I'm only 4 episodes in so not much to say yet... although, Rufus is hilarious.

Oh definitely. I wouldn't have been able to sleep at all without the AC. I really feel for FH.
                  I should probably mention that I don't actually like AC all that much.
                  And I still sleep between two sides of my sleepingbag, underneath a heavy duvet and on top a fleece blanket, even when it's getting warmer.

I can't sleep with nothing covering me... *shrug*

I generally don't tend to ship much... unless I can see it work between characters (PTB's views aren't usually what I see).
                  I think I need to get to know the characters better before any shipping can occur.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Today's weather report: As I'm writing this and looking out my window, there's a cool breeze and wisps of fog rolling up the sound. We'll see how long that lasts, LOL!

Oh... hadn't thought about it like that... I think this week might get saved after all.
                    Now that's what I'm talking about!

It's only in the 80s today, and tomorrow is supposed to be rain and 70. Sweet!!!
                    Yay! Enjoy it, that sounds delightful!

I should probably mention that I don't actually like AC all that much.
                    And I still sleep between two sides of my sleepingbag, underneath a heavy duvet and on top a fleece blanket, even when it's getting warmer.

I can't sleep with nothing covering me... *shrug*
                    Ah. My body temp tends to run on the cool side, though not to that extent. Can't sleep without something on me, either.

Interesting, indeed...

That last part. Probably because he was doing a panel with her, so he wanted the panel to be good.
                    *snerks*

Same here. It seems like the writing always crashes and burns right when it should be kicking in the afterburners. And not just with shipping, either...
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*raises hand* I can't sleep uncovered either but I do sometimes put one foot outside.

And ITA on ships. I tend to stay neutral because experience has shown just when you start to like a ship they drop it.

Here's a pic of Thing 1 that might remind you of someone. Evidently he has a double crown.
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

OMG, Thing 1 has the Joe hair (TM)!!! Too cute!

It's a glorious 70 degrees here today. Sigh.

Unlike you guys, I tend to run warm but I still like to sleep with covers on. A sheet at least. Hence, the air conditioning.

Sometimes I can't help but ship. When I started watching Timeless, I shipped both TPTB-approved couple and the other couple. I remember posting stuff on Tumblr saying I didn't know who to ship. Then in season 2, like Zandra's Ashes said, TPTB-approved couple became toxic and I switched to full time shipping the other couple. It didn't hurt that the man in the other couple is extremely handsome.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          *raises hand* I can't sleep uncovered either but I do sometimes put one foot outside.
                          The mosquitos thank you for the generous gift of at least one foot.

Here's a pic of Thing 1 that might remind you of someone. Evidently he has a double crown.
                          JOHN SHEPPARD COSPLAY FOR KIDS!!!

Yes, it's definitely a thing.

Comment

As you may know, I'm not historically and even presently much of a shipper. My total number of ships is still fairly limited, and it usually takes a lot to get me into one. But ever since I watched Legend of Korra, I think I've actually gained the ability to at least see better what shippers see, some of the time, anyway. So now I understand the shipper lens just a little better.

I don't know how many of you remember my flabbergasted stunned reaction back in 2014, but that's probably the most memorable experience I've ever had with shipping. It's hard to imagine it ever being topped.

And I wasn't the only one, lots of people have uploaded very memorable reactions to the end of that show.

Have you ever wondered what a crescendo of the purest most unadulterated of shipper joy looks like?
                            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 23 July 2019, 11:46 PM.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

The mosquitos thank you for the generous gift of at least one foot.

JOHN SHEPPARD COSPLAY FOR KIDS!!!

Yes, it's definitely a thing.
                              Better not be any mosquitos in my house or our pest control people will hear about it. Just sayin'. I saw a little skink downstairs yesterday. They come in through the fireplace sometimes and ultimately starve to death. I told him but he didn't seem to listen.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Same here. It seems like the writing always crashes and burns right when it should be kicking in the afterburners. And not just with shipping, either...
                                Right? We don't even have to throw the names out. We know who the major offenders of 2019 are.

And ITA on ships. I tend to stay neutral because experience has shown just when you start to like a ship they drop it.

Spoiler:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]42984[/ATTACH]
                                OMG on the pic- that is fantastic! And I'd like to say I'm above shipping, but damn Star Wars and Han & Leia. It started it all. For a long time after that I didn't really care or was invested enough in a show to be shippy, but then...Farscape. Then SGA. I have a problem, lol.

OMG, Thing 1 has the Joe hair (TM)!!! Too cute!

It's a glorious 70 degrees here today. Sigh.

Unlike you guys, I tend to run warm but I still like to sleep with covers on. A sheet at least. Hence, the air conditioning.

Sometimes I can't help but ship. When I started watching Timeless, I shipped both TPTB-approved couple and the other couple. I remember posting stuff on Tumblr saying I didn't know who to ship. Then in season 2, like Zandra's Ashes said, TPTB-approved couple became toxic and I switched to full time shipping the other couple. It didn't hurt that the man in the other couple is extremely handsome.
                                He is quite handsome indeed! I am fond of the roguishly handsome ones.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Working...
                                X