Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    No multi quote today...but, Lol, I love this. Great way to start the day with this lovely short and lots of pics- thanks JT2. We are all our own individual special kind of bonkers here on Earth, but the insurance madness infects us all, here in the States anyway. Speaking of madness, Area 51 run anyone?
    It's certainly entertaining.

And I agree with Scary Kitty - no one will actually show up.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Have fun storming the mainland.
      We had lots of fun and got lots of good stuff. Had to leave my car at the dealership though-- the trouble with older cars is, many of the parts aren't made anymore, so they have to take the entire instrument cluster out of the dashboard and send it down to a specialty shop in Tacoma for repairs. But the service staff had a collective geekgasm at how well maintained the Mustang is, the guy I was working with described it as being like it was just driven off a museum floor, LOL!

That Area 51 thing is the best laugh I've had all summer. What are they thinking?
      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      It's certainly entertaining.

And I agree with Scary Kitty - no one will actually show up.
      I've got my popcorn ready. It's gonna be comedy!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm currently watching Days of our Lives and cringing to myself at how bad it is. Yet, I keep watching.

And I'm enjoying the weather. We're having one bizarre day of only 70 degrees. But Saturday we're going to be upper 90s with the "feels like" in the 100s. So I'm thoroughly enjoying not having the air conditioner on today.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        We had lots of fun and got lots of good stuff. Had to leave my car at the dealership though-- the trouble with older cars is, many of the parts aren't made anymore, so they have to take the entire instrument cluster out of the dashboard and send it down to a specialty shop in Tacoma for repairs. But the service staff had a collective geekgasm at how well maintained the Mustang is, the guy I was working with described it as being like it was just driven off a museum floor, LOL!

That sucks that it's so hard to fix your car, but yay about it being in such good condition!!

Comment

Multi-quote experiment of the day- Chrome- nada, chrome incognito window- nada, Firefox- my laptop nearly self destructed upon launch, lol. Internet Explorer for the win. It really is quite bizarre.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I've got my popcorn ready. It's gonna be comedy!
          Cool ride! Good thing you know most mechanics are going to baby that kind of car too. If it's a convertible, it could be the perfect car to cruise into the Area 51 thing with. You know, throw a jumbo alien inflatable in the back and sell tshirts out of the trunk. I'm thinking there is some money to be made with the crazy- staying outside a safe perimeter of course. Entertaining, but seriously...what the heck? I mean, if you're going to storm Area 51, don't do it at the hottest time of the year, right?

I'm currently watching Days of our Lives and cringing to myself at how bad it is. Yet, I keep watching.

And I'm enjoying the weather. We're having one bizarre day of only 70 degrees. But Saturday we're going to be upper 90s with the "feels like" in the 100s. So I'm thoroughly enjoying not having the air conditioner on today.

That sucks that it's so hard to fix your car, but yay about it being in such good condition!!
          I know I said I'd start watching Day's, but then the El Rey network put SG1 and SGA epps on in the afternoon, so now I'm watching/listening to those as I finish up work. I still might try that record and fast forward strategy though. I keep seeing an Instagrammer called Scifi.crime posting photos of Joe on Day's and that's been kind of a nice alternative. That's been a fun Instagram to follow, lots of Atlantis/Joe and other goodies popping into my stream and making me smile.

And everyone in the path of the heat wave- hydrate and be safe! We are surprisingly staying in our normal 92 degree kind of range, but I know a lot of the country is looking at crazy temps.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Cool ride! Good thing you know most mechanics are going to baby that kind of car too. If it's a convertible, it could be the perfect car to cruise into the Area 51 thing with. You know, throw a jumbo alien inflatable in the back and sell tshirts out of the trunk. I'm thinking there is some money to be made with the crazy- staying outside a safe perimeter of course. Entertaining, but seriously...what the heck? I mean, if you're going to storm Area 51, don't do it at the hottest time of the year, right?
            LMAO! That would be funny as heck! But no, I've got a coupe, I figured the convertible top would be too much of a hassle maintenance wise.

Weird that everyone is having problems with multi quote...I'm on Safari and haven't had any problems (so far). *knocks on wood*

Everyone getting hit with the hot temps this weekend, stay safe and cool!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Multi-quote experiment of the day- Chrome- nada, chrome incognito window- nada, Firefox- my laptop nearly self destructed upon launch, lol. Internet Explorer for the win. It really is quite bizarre.
              It worked for me after refreshing a few times. I have no idea why it works sometimes but not other times.

I know I said I'd start watching Day's, but then the El Rey network put SG1 and SGA epps on in the afternoon, so now I'm watching/listening to those as I finish up work. I still might try that record and fast forward strategy though. I keep seeing an Instagrammer called Scifi.crime posting photos of Joe on Day's and that's been kind of a nice alternative. That's been a fun Instagram to follow, lots of Atlantis/Joe and other goodies popping into my stream and making me smile.
              Joe is actually on General Hospital. It's just me watching Days but questioning why I'm watching something so stupid.

And everyone in the path of the heat wave- hydrate and be safe! We are surprisingly staying in our normal 92 degree kind of range, but I know a lot of the country is looking at crazy temps.
              Yeah tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be wild. My poor air conditioners will be working overtime.

LMAO! That would be funny as heck! But no, I've got a coupe, I figured the convertible top would be too much of a hassle maintenance wise.
              Yeah, a convertible is just more parts to break down.

Comment

Have you guys heard about the SGA event at Comicon? I got this from Mallozzi's blog. https://josephmallozzi.com/2019/07/1...diego-comicon/

So in S6 they
                Spoiler:
                would have brought Elizabeth back.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Have you guys heard about the SGA event at Comicon? I got this from Mallozzi's blog. https://josephmallozzi.com/2019/07/1...diego-comicon/

So in S6 they
                  Spoiler:
                  And do we believe him? I sure don't. He's a lying liar who lies.

Comment

That's certainly interesting, but, color me skeptical. It's a lot easier to say that now that it was back then. Plus I remember someone on the show talking about ideas for future episodes, and one of the would have featured a time travel episode with an Elizabeth cameo, but it was considered unlikely because of Torri's reluctance to return.

As I recall, my theory was that, based on Torri's role in Dark Matter, we would have needed to wait until Stargate Atlantis: Season 11 to get a true Weir's reunion.

Also, while I did like Season 4 and 5, after the info for Extinction came out some years back, that was the first time I began to think that maybe we dodged a bullet.

Maybe all this time it had just been luck that they didn't alienate me before the show ended?
                    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 19 July 2019, 11:37 AM.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      It's a lot easier to say that now that it was back then.
                      I'm with IP.

Mallozzi has recently gotten back in my good graces, but as far as Elizabeth Weir goes and how they handled that -- he's still got a long way to go, and this isn't it.

He's actually a good decade too late.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

So in S6 they
                        Spoiler:
                        Oh, really?

And do we believe him? I sure don't. He's a lying liar who lies.
                        What she said. Never forgive, never forget, never trust.

That's certainly interesting, but, color me skeptical. It's a lot easier to say that now that it was back then.
                        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I'm with IP.

Mallozzi has recently gotten back in my good graces, but as far as Elizabeth Weir goes and how they handled that -- he's still got a long way to go, and this isn't it.

He's actually a good decade too late.
                        Yeah, I seem to recall Mallozzi saying before that of him and Mullie, he wanted to bring Elizabeth back (while Mullie just wanted her to stay dead). But even then, it was well after the fact and came across more as throwing bones to the fans, so I always kind of side-eyed it.

Also, while I did like Season 4 and 5, after the info for Extinction came out some years back, that was the first time I began to think that maybe we dodged a bullet.
                        We did indeed.

Comment

The "feel like" temp is now 109. Remind me of this when I complain about snow.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

The "feel like" temp is now 109. Remind me of this when I complain about snow.
                            Ewww! That's just awful! Stay as cool as you can...go to the mall if necessary. Or go see a movie. They have air conditioning. That's what everyone does in SoCal when the temps get obscene and they can't get to the beach.

Comment

The heat is back in Belgium. We'll be getting temps close to 40 degrees Celsius on Thursday... Just when I'm working from home and oh, I don't have air conditioning.

But I have no plans to head out to the office cause if I can stay as far away from that place any time this week, that would be great. I predict some **** to hit the proverbial fan on a project this week, and the further I am away from that moment, the better. (cause I kinda predicted that was gonna happen)

Also, today was our version of the 4th of July... totally forgot about it until I opened Google and saw it in their doodle.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah, I seem to recall Mallozzi saying before that of him and Mullie, he wanted to bring Elizabeth back (while Mullie just wanted her to stay dead). But even then, it was well after the fact and came across more as throwing bones to the fans, so I always kind of side-eyed it.

We did indeed.
                                I suppose in fairness he did say that it was dependent on other factors falling into place, but yeah.

The other thing is that even the scene he described kind of makes me a little leery of what they would do. It seems kind of weird that Elizabeth would immediately expect and demand her old job back after being gone for so long.

And it seems kind of like it's a set up for a joke where John and the others do a "Actually Elizabeth, we like Woolsey better than you, so we're on his side now."

Maybe the whole scene was just written for comedic effect for his blog, but doesn't that Supernatural joke only make sense now as opposed to back in 2009?

Also, yeah it's hot over here too. Being born and raise in a desert, I think I'm more used to it than everyone else here, but having an AC is still important.
                                Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 21 July 2019, 01:16 PM.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X