No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Speaking of pretty, we watched the village fireworks from our new vantage point on my office balcony. Absolutely fantastic! Got some bad pics that I might post on Instagram later And we even caught some fireworks off in the distance on the mainland! (We also got to see some tiny fireworks somewhere in the greater Vancouver area back on the 1st (yay Canada Day!), so that was fun.)

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Just watched the Blue Angels flyover on TV and shortly after they circled around and flew over my house. Score. Didn't see them because of clouds but heard them. Loud jets. Lots of them. And love how the storms avoided DC except for a nice rain to cool everyone off. Happy Independence Day America!
    Sweet!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    That's so cool!!!

I didn't end up going out. I got to hear the fireworks my neighbors were lighting though. As I said on Tumblr, it's the yearly "I hope my drunk neighbors don't set my house on fire" tradition.
    LOL! We didn't seem to have any of that this year, though when we were back in the rental, there were folks in that neighborhood doing stuff like that.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Is that a thing? One of my friends posted that on Instagram, his kid had left out cookies and milk (in a Captain America tervis cup) along with a cute drawing of his shield. How have I missed this for so long?
    LOL I only just heard about it myself. Funny stuff!

Poor skunks! I bet the deer around here weren't too happy either.

See, it's nice to be around people I can understand. I hate the crowds too. My family thinks I'm some kind of weirdo because I hate crowds so much. (I'll admit to being a weirdo, but not because of that).

I've only been to the one convention, and as you know it's a small one. One of the big ones like San Diego Comic-con would scare the hell out of me (see earlier talk about crowds).
    I've become less tolerant of crowds as I get older. Too exhausting, mainly.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I try my best to ignore him.
      I do too but the Twitter crowd ran with it, and oh boy... there's some solid gold out there.

Same with our new minister-president (or however you want to call it) of our Flemish parliament who compared the Belgian flag with a rag. The cartoons and meme's that followed were hilarious. Most of us rolled our eyes cause we'd seen it coming a mile away she was gonna say something stupid not long after taking her oath.

Unfortunately, we might be stuck with this nitwit all the same...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Today on Days of Our Lives I got to see the guy I'm crushing on take his shirt off. I was QUITE appreciative of that fact.

So, Southern Red, what are the odds we may someday get a shirtless Joe scene? I'm watching General Hospital right now to see him. I have no idea what is going on but he looks damn good.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I've become less tolerant of crowds as I get older. Too exhausting, mainly.
        Exactly!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Unfortunately, we might be stuck with this nitwit all the same...
        I feel your pain.

Comment

If you need a good laugh today, for whatever reason, I reccommend looking up the following two hashtags on twitter: #RevolutionaryWarAirport & #RevolutionaryWarAirportStories

I just laughed so hard, I had tears running down my face. Sometimes I love twitter so much.

Comment

Today on Days of Our Lives I got to see the guy I'm crushing on take his shirt off. I was QUITE appreciative of that fact.

So, Southern Red, what are the odds we may someday get a shirtless Joe scene? I'm watching General Hospital right now to see him. I have no idea what is going on but he looks damn good.
            I doubt that will ever happen but if you saw I think it was the Wed episode, you saw the sad woobie Elizabeth face and the angry face also. He's starting to get more of a story. They must like his work.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I doubt that will ever happen but if you saw I think it was the Wed episode, you saw the sad woobie Elizabeth face and the angry face also. He's starting to get more of a story. They must like his work.
              Rather amused that I am no envisioning a future acting class in which the teacher goes and tells his students to give him/her the "sad woobie Elizabeth face" so named after one fictional character, Elizabeth Weir, in a show called Stargate Atlantis and made famous by actor Joe Flanigan, portraying her "dashy military love interest" John Sheppard.

The angry face needs an appropriate name before it can be used in this acting class -- GO!

Comment

Oooh, I'll have to see if I can watch it On Demand. Gotta love the Elizabeth woobie face!!!

(Thank you, Joe, for really going for it and giving us the emotional whump we so deserved.)

Rather amused that I am no envisioning a future acting class in which the teacher goes and tells his students to give him/her the "sad woobie Elizabeth face" so named after one fictional character, Elizabeth Weir, in a show called Stargate Atlantis and made famous by actor Joe Flanigan, portraying her "dashy military love interest" John Sheppard.

The angry face needs an appropriate name before it can be used in this acting class -- GO!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Oooh, I'll have to see if I can watch it On Demand. Gotta love the Elizabeth woobie face!!!

(Thank you, Joe, for really going for it and giving us the emotional whump we so deserved.)
                  I haven't been keeping up with GH...too busy unpacking, sorting, and all that. I'll also have to see if that episode is on demand. Yum.

LOL! Surly Shep? Angry Elizabeth hurt face? Anyone else got some ideas?
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/al...tl_401_312.JPG

There is a mystery involved around his background. It seems his daughter died and there's a wife but we don't know anything about her. When anyone mentions the daughter, he makes the woobie face and if someone says anything to him about her he makes the angry face. He was also in Friday's episode quite a bit.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

There is a mystery involved around his background. It seems his daughter died and there's a wife but we don't know anything about her. When anyone mentions the daughter, he makes the woobie face and if someone says anything to him about her he makes the angry face. He was also in Friday's episode quite a bit.
                      Hmm, how very soap opera-ish indeed!

Comment

Lazy sunday was quite productive... I started and ended The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown for the second time. All 590 pages in a little under 8 hours.

I'm surprised at how different the book and the film are in places. I always thought they were much closer to the each other's story line, except for the ending.

Nevertheless, determined to keep the password from the cryptex from the film, and not from the first of two from the book. Though maybe I'll add both riddle texts to the rosewood replica box I just acquired.

Comment

I'm watching last Wednesday's episode now.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Hmm, how very soap opera-ish indeed!
                          That's nothing compared to the stories I could tell from Days. People die just to have some mysterious formula bring you back to life..... but the formula gives you a brain tumor so you need another shot of mysterious formula.

You just have to accept that it's kinda ridiculous and roll with it. You all won't get me sucked into watching GH. I got sucked into Days because I recognized half the characters from when I was younger. I don't recognize anyone on GH.

Lazy sunday was quite productive... I started and ended The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown for the second time. All 590 pages in a little under 8 hours.

I'm surprised at how different the book and the film are in places. I always thought they were much closer to the each other's story line, except for the ending.

Nevertheless, determined to keep the password from the cryptex from the film, and not from the first of two from the book. Though maybe I'll add both riddle texts to the rosewood replica box I just acquired.
                          Having never read the book nor seen the film, that just went flying over my head.

Comment

His daughter's name is Joanna!!!! That's my name!!!!!

Comment

We are watching NOS4A2 now. I read the book ages ago and understand that the show is quite different but I remember little about it so it's all good. Aging can be helpful sometime.

His daughter's name is Joanna!!!! That's my name!!!!!
                              Cool. I also used to watch Days. People never stayed dead and switched from evil to good and back to evil like changing your socks. Ah, soaps.
                              sigpic

Comment

Having never read the book nor seen the film, that just went flying over my head.
                                Aw... I've seen the film n-amount of times already (the director's cut) -- more than I can count really.

I really like it, but I guess I should also mention that Audrey is probably the main reason I've seen it plenty... ...she's quite adorable, and errm... has orbs to drown in. (Audrey Tautou who portrays Sophie Neveu, for the record)

Comment

Working...
                                X