No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    And finally have time to continue my stargate rewatch, and go and watch Detective Pikachu. Probably should have gone with Endgame but I think I'll wait just a little longer until there aren't as many people going to see it and have plenty space at the cinema cause our cinema seats are of a quality that ensure you're in pain at the end of the film cause they are far from comfortable.
    And considering Endgame is 3 hours long...ouch.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      And considering Endgame is 3 hours long...ouch.
      Hence why I'm waiting a little longer so I can stick my long legs out in front or to the side... cause I always have to pretty much fold them into my neck in a manner of speaking.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        There are many degrees of Sheldon. My brother is in the stage where it drives him crazy that the mailman comes at a different time every day. And you don't even want to listen to him when he gets a piece of someone else's mail. OMG

That said, I loved how the show ended except for
        Spoiler:
        the part where Sheldon realized what an ass he is and said nice things about his friends. Uh no. But the part where he hated Amy's new look was spot on.

Another good Sheldon moment with my brother is he has a very nice neighbor who comes to visit and if she sees him through the door, just walks in. I say "if only there was some way to keep that from happening" but it goes right over his head. But then I worry that he doesn't lock his door. Sigh.
        LOL!!

I have to lock my door, but that's a single woman thing, not a Sheldon thing.

This week especially...

But it is extended by 3 days so I'm freed of the fall-out that the process isn't working, though I'm sure that if they could have done so they would of revoked my 3-days off. I'm glad they didn't cause I'm catsitting to the most sweetest little cat ever.

And finally have time to continue my stargate rewatch, and go and watch Detective Pikachu. Probably should have gone with Endgame but I think I'll wait just a little longer until there aren't as many people going to see it and have plenty space at the cinema cause our cinema seats are of a quality that ensure you're in pain at the end of the film cause they are far from comfortable.
        Enjoy your catsitting!!! Are you still on season 6 of SG-1?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          LOL!!

I have to lock my door, but that's a single woman thing, not a Sheldon thing.
          It's a common sense thing. My doors are always locked and you couldn't find a safer neighborhood than where I live. Well except for gated communities. Bro lives in the country but has a new housing development right next door. He goes out back and fiddles in his shed and leaves the house unlocked. You could back up a truck and load it up and he'd never know. Sigh.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Enjoy your catsitting!!! Are you still on season 6 of SG-1?
              I will, and nope... I started season 7 so I should be able to clear that out of the way in the next three weeks if I stick to 3 episodes a week, especially now that all off my TV-series have ended their seasons (except for S.H.I.E.L.D. which only just started again).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

So... what did everyone think of the GoT finale?

Comment

Haven't seen it yet. Will get back to you in a couple of hours.

EDIT --> later that same evening

Not how I expected it to end but I was not disappointed!
                  Last edited by Falcon Horus; 20 May 2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I have a "phone screening" interview at 10am. Ugh!! I wish I could just fall into a job without having to do the whole job search thing.

ETA: Well, my screening was very brief. They wanted someone with 3 years experience. She said she'd keep my resume on file in case something comes up with less experience needed. What's funny is that they contacted me, not the other way around. They saw my resume on Indeed and contacted me. So they clearly didn't read the resume too clearly because it's easy to see I have no experience in this new field. Oh well. I'm not terribly disappointed. It was a long drive.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    It's a common sense thing. My doors are always locked and you couldn't find a safer neighborhood than where I live. Well except for gated communities. Bro lives in the country but has a new housing development right next door. He goes out back and fiddles in his shed and leaves the house unlocked. You could back up a truck and load it up and he'd never know. Sigh.
                    Thank you!! I get crap from my family for locking the door when I'm home, but I think it's just smart.

I will, and nope... I started season 7 so I should be able to clear that out of the way in the next three weeks if I stick to 3 episodes a week, especially now that all off my TV-series have ended their seasons (except for S.H.I.E.L.D. which only just started again).
                    Ooh so you're one season away from Torri's Elizabeth Weir.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Consensus on Tumblr seems to be hate, but the people I follow have hated most everything with season 8.
                    Last edited by JT-2; 21 May 2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I have a "phone screening" interview at 10am. Ugh!! I wish I could just fall into a job without having to do the whole job search thing.

ETA: Well, my screening was very brief. They wanted someone with 3 years experience. She said she'd keep my resume on file in case something comes up with less experience needed. What's funny is that they contacted me, not the other way around. They saw my resume on Indeed and contacted me. So they clearly didn't read the resume too clearly because it's easy to see I have no experience in this new field. Oh well. I'm not terribly disappointed. It was a long drive.
                      Darn, sorry the screening didn't go so well, but then, you did dodge that long drive.

Thank you!! I get crap from my family for locking the door when I'm home, but I think it's just smart.
                      It's absolutely smart.

Haven't seen it yet. Will get back to you in a couple of hours.

EDIT --> later that same evening

Not how I expected it to end but I was not disappointed!
                      Consensus on Tumblr seems to be hate, but the people I follow have hated most everything with season 8.
                      I wasn't disappointed either. And it's like I commented on Twitter & Tumblr, I actually enjoyed it better than I did Endgame.

Comment

Ooh so you're one season away from Torri's Elizabeth Weir.
                        Err... yes, I guess I am.

Though, I'm not going to hop skip between SG-1 and Atlantis when I reach season 8. That would confuse me too much.
                        So, I'll have a brief moment with Elizabeth and then back to SG-1 until season 10, after which it's three glorious seasons of Atlantis, and 2... err... not so glorious. Then straight into SGU and Infinity, and then Origins... at which point I have come full circle and we're 3 years on. By which I will have taken 5 years or so to do this rewatch, so color me confused when I see people who do an SG-1 rewatch in only a couple of months.

Comment

Darn, sorry the screening didn't go so well, but then, you did dodge that long drive.
                          Well I applied to 10 different jobs this morning, and I already got a call on one of them. We're going to set up an interview in the next few days. This one is downtown in Providence so I'm not too thrilled about that either. I got spoiled with working within 3 miles of my house for so many years. I don't mind the drive as much as I mind the highway. I've already looked up how to get there taking the back roads.

Err... yes, I guess I am.

Though, I'm not going to hop skip between SG-1 and Atlantis when I reach season 8. That would confuse me too much.
                          So, I'll have a brief moment with Elizabeth and then back to SG-1 until season 10, after which it's three glorious seasons of Atlantis, and 2... err... not so glorious. Then straight into SGU and Infinity, and then Origins... at which point I have come full circle and we're 3 years on. By which I will have taken 5 years or so to do this rewatch, so color me confused when I see people who do an SG-1 rewatch in only a couple of months.
                          That makes sense, to not hop back and forth. It would get too confusing. To watch 10 seasons of SG-1 that quickly - wow, that is some serious binge watching.

Comment

Okay, I've tried all my tricks the past few days and I can't reply to specific quotes, so here goes plan B.

FH- Five days break?! Awesome. Hope you enjoyed the catsitting.

SR- I have not watched Young Sheldon, but coming off the feels from the BBT finale I'm thinking it's time to dive in. We have a couple of teenage Sheldon's in our life, not as smart but all the quirks and habits. Def not a comedy, but not Sheldon on steroids rigid yet, but there are moments. That must be hard to have someone so close not be able to empathize.

GoT
                            Spoiler:
                            So. Many. Questions. Have you seen that list that is cycling? That's me with all of them. Why did Bran not warn them about Dany? Why did they bother making Jon a Targaryen? Why is there still a Night's Watch? Why did Arya's history/training turn her into an explorer (though she has been all over, I suppose)? Why can't Bran tell her what' is west of Westeros? Why didn't Brienne go back with Sansa? And why was Brienne's single solo scene in that epp dedicated to a man who betrayed her instead of showing her getting appointed to a prestigious position, c'mon male writers (though it was her most important friendship, the cheating/leaving her notwithstanding). Questioning aside- All the questions and everything that could have been...I could see it all coming together this way. Jon back north of the wall is fitting. Sansa as Queen of the North- fitting. Tyrion hand of the King- fitting. Still not a fan of Bran on the throne or Arya's voyaging, had we seen some indication of that interest sooner, it would have been better. Sigh. At least Jon finally pet Ghost, damn it. Now Martin just needs to finish the books so we can see his vision play out.

JT-2 sorry about the phone screening. Really, it is a poor reflection on their managers or HR department to reach out to you having seen your resume and then give you that response. Something and somewhere better will come along for certain.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                              FH- Five days break?! Awesome. Hope you enjoyed the catsitting.
                              Well, 3 days off + 2 days weekend... and all to myself... and Noa the cat who has been a good girl up until an hour ago when she decided to chase the spider in the bedroom and nearly knocked the mirror off the wall. If that were to fall I would have some splainin' to do.

Comment

Yeah I don't know why sometimes reply with quote works and sometimes it doesn't. *shrugs*

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                                JT-2 sorry about the phone screening. Really, it is a poor reflection on their managers or HR department to reach out to you having seen your resume and then give you that response. Something and somewhere better will come along for certain.

Thanks. I agree. It didn't look good on them that they really didn't read my resume at all.

I got a call back on a job I applied for this morning. I have an interview tomorrow at 2pm EST. So if you could please send some good vibes my way?

Gracias!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X