No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading my first Stargate Atlantis novel-thingy... The novelization of Rising -- I can't be sure but I'm like 20 pages in and there's Sparky (I think).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I'm reading my first Stargate Atlantis novel-thingy... The novelization of Rising -- I can't be sure but I'm like 20 pages in and there's Sparky (I think).
      Ahhh, the novels. Been a while since I've read them, all my copies are in storage. I seem to recall the Rising novelization was a good one.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I read that one, but if I recall correctly, the ending was different from the show. Hopefully I have not remembered correctly.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I read that one, but if I recall correctly, the ending was different from the show. Hopefully I have not remembered correctly.
          It does say at the start that there might be some difference from the aired episode, but I'll let you know when I'm finished.

Comment

It does say at the start that there might be some difference from the aired episode, but I'll let you know when I'm finished.
            Thanks. I think I got rid of my copy when we cleaned out a bunch of things.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, if I recall correctly, the book does end differently. The show was better in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Yeah, if I recall correctly, the book does end differently. The show was better in that regard.
                Oops...

I finished the screenplay of Fantastic Beasts yesterday so I haven't made any headway in the book yet... I'm currently reading 9 books at the same time, one chapter each and Rising is the 4th book in the stack. I'm also reading an SG-1 novel, which takes place midway between season 1 and 2.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Oops...

I finished the screenplay of Fantastic Beasts yesterday so I haven't made any headway in the book yet... I'm currently reading 9 books at the same time, one chapter each and Rising is the 4th book in the stack. I'm also reading an SG-1 novel, which takes place midway between season 1 and 2.
                  Nine?!? Holy smokes...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oops...

I'm working on two right now- by accident, I left one at home when I went out of town- but nine? My brain would revolt. I haven't read any of the SG1/SGA books. I feel like I remember seeing some strong (negative?) opinions about the SGA books and I was afraid to dive in. Maybe I should give them a go after all.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                      I'm working on two right now- by accident, I left one at home when I went out of town- but nine? My brain would revolt. I haven't read any of the SG1/SGA books. I feel like I remember seeing some strong (negative?) opinions about the SGA books and I was afraid to dive in. Maybe I should give them a go after all.
                      That would have been the series starting with Homecoming that was written after the show ended and was the biggest disaster ever put on paper. Some others were written earlier and were much better. These were close to canon and were written like additional episodes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Nine?!? Holy smokes...
                        Yes, I have books lying around in the flat and I pick them up when I'm lounging in the sofa, or taking a bath (the trick is not to drop it in the water -- so far only the bookmark has gone for a swim or two), waiting for something, waiting in line (I have the Kindle app on my phone), right before I go to sleep... so yeah... I got a book for every occasion.

I haven't read any of the SG1/SGA books. I feel like I remember seeing some strong (negative?) opinions about the SGA books and I was afraid to dive in. Maybe I should give them a go after all.
                        I haven't either, but last year a friend of mine was giving away some of her books because she needed space for others so I took them off her hands, and there are a few fandom-related items with them. She knows I'm a stargate fan. The Rising novelization's even signed by Sally Malcolm. (to my friend, not to me)

And no, not gonna read the Homecoming saga... not even touching that with a ten-foot or whatever pole.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          That would have been the series starting with Homecoming that was written after the show ended and was the biggest disaster ever put on paper. Some others were written earlier and were much better. These were close to canon and were written like additional episodes.
                          I haven't either, but last year a friend of mine was giving away some of her books because she needed space for others so I took them off her hands, and there are a few fandom-related items with them. She knows I'm a stargate fan. The Rising novelization's even signed by Sally Malcolm. (to my friend, not to me)

And no, not gonna read the Homecoming saga... not even touching that with a ten-foot or whatever pole.
                          I almost wish my memory had failed me. Such a shame. I'll have to check out the earlier books.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yes, I have books lying around in the flat and I pick them up when I'm lounging in the sofa, or taking a bath (the trick is not to drop it in the water -- so far only the bookmark has gone for a swim or two), waiting for something, waiting in line (I have the Kindle app on my phone), right before I go to sleep... so yeah... I got a book for every occasion.
                            Love it!

I almost wish my memory had failed me. Such a shame. I'll have to check out the earlier books.
                            Yeah, as the others said, stick with the books before Homecoming and you'll have a good read.

Comment

I liked Mirror, Mirror and Casualties of War. Oh, and the audio book that Torri does is pretty good, too. Can't remember the name.

Comment

I think Casualties of War is one the books I got from my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X