Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    We did, and I love to share.

I'll write something up and post it -- with pictures and everything.

And since my sister and I started watching Outlander, we'll probably go back this summer to learn more about the Jacobite risings. Though, we're gonna see how Brexit plays out before booking anything. It's quite possible we'll need more travel papers and whatnot to cross the channel, and which aircompany we can book with cause they all have to renegotiate to fly between airports within the EU and the UK.
    Oh yay-favorite experiences with pictures! I'm looking forward to that. I want to check out the Jacobite Steam train. I've read the first Outlander book, but haven't watched the show, though one of my friends is addicted. I should give that series a go.

Brexit is such a pain. If I add any UK destination onto a trip that is elsewhere in the EU, it's another long line at customs instead of the shorter "from EU" line. I guess the same works in reverse too. There isn't a militarized/checkpoint border between Ireland and North Ireland, but the locals were talking about it on my last trip, said a hard border was being discussed. Seems crazy for all those who live there whose lives flow across the border.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. I had a great birthday week until the twins got sick. Thing 1 even had to go to the hospital and have what his mom called the Roto Rooter treatment to get rid of some of the congestion. Through it all though, they have kept their sunny dispositions and still want to play. Mom and Dad are sick also.

To answer Zandra's question, they are almost 6 months now and weight about 16 lbs. Good for preemies but still aren't on solid foods, so no cake. It was good too, triple chocolate.

We're expecting a snow/ice/rain event tomorrow.
    Triple chocolate?!. I'm drooling. Hope the twins- and mom & dad- feel better soon. Poor Thing 1, but I bet he breathed easier after the "roto rooter" treatment. It's so tough when the littles are sick like that.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Grrr, GW ate my post yesterday. Sorry 'bout that.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Are you all cleared of snow, Scary Kitty? We are supposed to get more tomorrow.
      There's still clumps of dirty snow around, but it's mostly gone. Got another chance of snow showers late Monday into Tuesday of next week. Ugh, go away winter!

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. I had a great birthday week until the twins got sick. Thing 1 even had to go to the hospital and have what his mom called the Roto Rooter treatment to get rid of some of the congestion. Through it all though, they have kept their sunny dispositions and still want to play. Mom and Dad are sick also.

To answer Zandra's question, they are almost 6 months now and weight about 16 lbs. Good for preemies but still aren't on solid foods, so no cake. It was good too, triple chocolate.

Awww, no fun for the kidlets! Glad to hear they're still cheery through it all, though.

Mmmm, triple chocolate cake....

We did, and I love to share.

I'll write something up and post it -- with pictures and everything.

And since my sister and I started watching Outlander, we'll probably go back this summer to learn more about the Jacobite risings. Though, we're gonna see how Brexit plays out before booking anything. It's quite possible we'll need more travel papers and whatnot to cross the channel, and which aircompany we can book with cause they all have to renegotiate to fly between airports within the EU and the UK.
      Ahhh, Outlander. Haven't read the books, did watch the first three seasons and tried to get into the fourth, but it's fallen apart for me. The time travel/Jacobite risings setting was what sucked me in and made the first two seasons so interesting to me, but then it devolved into the stereotypical romance with a thin veneer of early America historical icing, and there's not nearly enough of the time travel/ancient powers mystery to hold my attention. Oh well.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Belted best birthday wishes, SR.

Last night I actually had a bit of Sparky related dream. It was vague variation on the episode "Remnant", except Elizabeth was still around somehow. I don't remember what the plot was exactly, but it ended with the whole team being rescued in a helicopter. But John and Elizabeth were sitting opposite each other and suddenly hallucinated or daydreamed a version of themselves right next to the other as if they were together.

I remember it being played for comedic effect.

When I woke up I remember being disappointed there was no such episode because it seemed like such obvious evidence of what the writers were going for.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Hey Zandra's Ashes, Goran's episode of This is Us is on tonight at 9pm. I don't know if it will be just this episode or what. It's not listed on IMDB. And it looks like he's playing a dance teacher instead of the counselor I thought he was at first. But that's just going off the screen shots I've seen.

Poor Thing 1!!!! I hope the whole family is feeling better soon.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Grrr, GW ate my post yesterday. Sorry 'bout that.
          I was wondering where you were!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          There's still clumps of dirty snow around, but it's mostly gone. Got another chance of snow showers late Monday into Tuesday of next week. Ugh, go away winter!
          Winter can go away after it's given me some snow days.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          Belted best birthday wishes, SR.

Last night I actually had a bit of Sparky related dream. It was vague variation on the episode "Remnant", except Elizabeth was still around somehow. I don't remember what the plot was exactly, but it ended with the whole team being rescued in a helicopter. But John and Elizabeth were sitting opposite each other and suddenly hallucinated or daydreamed a version of themselves right next to the other as if they were together.

When I woke up I remember being disappointed there was no such episode because it seemed like such obvious evidence of what the writers were going for.
          Whoa, sweet dream to have!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post

Triple chocolate?!. I'm drooling. Hope the twins- and mom & dad- feel better soon. Poor Thing 1, but I bet he breathed easier after the "roto rooter" treatment. It's so tough when the littles are sick like that.
            Everybody is much better today. I just got a pic of both twins with big smiles.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

Now that would've been a great episode. Especially with the hallucination bit at the end. Played right, that could've been some fun foreshadowing for future developments. Ahhh, what could've been...

Everybody is much better today. I just got a pic of both twins with big smiles.
              Awwww, that's good to hear!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Snow yesterday, then today was in the 50s F. (10 Celsius)

I think the animals are confused.

Comment

Misty today, kinda like Autumn. Spring this weekend and the coming week... it'll be like a yo-yo.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The animals aren't the only ones. The forecast is for 70 here on Sunday. Brunch time!
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Misty today, kinda like Autumn. Spring this weekend and the coming week... it'll be like a yo-yo.
                        The animals aren't the only ones. The forecast is for 70 here on Sunday. Brunch time!
                        Ugh, still in the 40s here, way below normal for this time of year (we should be at least in the 50s). Oh well, at least the chance of snow has pushed back to a little bit overnight next Tuesday into early Wednesday, and then a little more next Friday. Hopefully it goes away entirely by the time we get there.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

We got snow yesterday, it is currently melting. Hopefully, it will warm up soon.

Sad news- my father passed away last week. I have been listening a lot to an artist he got me into as a kid. It helps a little, but still kinda makes me feel sad. Yesterday, I sat in a corner at work crying and texting my brother. Got hugs from a few coworkers. Hoping to a small memorial with siblings in a few months. (Only one lives in the same area as me.)
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                              We got snow yesterday, it is currently melting. Hopefully, it will warm up soon.

Sad news- my father passed away last week. I have been listening a lot to an artist he got me into as a kid. It helps a little, but still kinda makes me feel sad. Yesterday, I sat in a corner at work crying and texting my brother. Got hugs from a few coworkers. Hoping to a small memorial with siblings in a few months. (Only one lives in the same area as me.)
                              I'm so sorry for your loss.

My family has been dealing with the loss of my uncle recently. I know it's not the same thing, but I may understand a small part of what you are dealing with right now.
                              Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 24 February 2019, 01:09 AM.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post

So sorry for your loss. You'll never stop missing him but in time the memories will make you smile.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X